Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
    I didn't hear anyone else use it but it wouldn't surprise me for someone else to think of it.

Some guys just seem to generate a personal nickname. Like Cheese Cohen.
    One of my friends thought of it as well recently, he was talking about making a sign, but then Alexx decided to break his wrist.

Beyond CrisCo one of the better natural nicknames this team had was Mad Max. Whoops.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by TimP View Post
      I love how one of Parker's cronies is launchign a "task force" to investigate Parker. If that's how it works, Whitey Bulger should be allowed to pick his own jury.
      Or perhaps Bernard Cardinal Law should be investigated the Pope?
      Law belongs in a jail cell, not living the high life at the Vatican!

On Trivino and Nicastro, Parker has been forthright and transparent.

Should he have known more, and done more? Perhaps. We don't know what he knew, or when he knew it, if anything.
      But he has these handled these horrible situations professionally. As has the university.

That doesn't mean anyone likes it - because we don't. But their actions should provide us with some faith that this will be dealt with properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        I'm sure that if the roles were reversed and BC was the school in trouble not a single one of these BU supporters would be posting in the BC thread
        You might be surprised. They'd never hear the end of it in pre-game banter, but I think most of us (noob fanboys aside) would leave them be in their own thread. But I imagine it gets mighty lonely over there.
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Dave hendrickson was first to bring up Duke lacrosse in media...

Comment

So here is a puzzling development...this morning's Globe (well, at least the online version) has a front-page story entitled "BU to probe hockey culture after charges." In the subheading, it states "After saying he would try to change the team's culture, BU's hockey coach said yesterday he doubted it would change despite sex charges against two players." I have read the story twice and I see NO MENTION of Parker making any statment that he "doubted" it would change. Is this an example of burying the lead or inflammatory reporting? You make a claim and then it is unsubstantiated? And there are people here that criticize the reporters at the Freep??????

Comment

The Boston Globe is a despicable newspaper, and the fact that they cannot lead anyone to pony up 99 cents (!) for a month of their online coverage is very telling. Happily, some of the worst columnists inside their dreary, monochromatic Russian-styled headquarters building are hidden behind that 'paywall.'
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                The Boston Globe is a despicable newspaper, and the fact that they cannot lead anyone to pony up 99 cents (!) for a month of their online coverage is very telling. Happily, some of the worst columnists inside their dreary, monochromatic Russian-styled headquarters building are hidden behind that 'paywall.'
                Well, I don't disagree...but I'm still wondering how such a blatant error can be made. Without substantiation, it's no better than an accusation....

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Well, I don't disagree...but I'm still wondering how such a blatant error can be made. Without substantiation, it's no better than an accusation....
                  Send a note to sports editor Joe Sullivan. I'm sure he'll let you know what they think of their 'customers' over there. That building can't get swallowed by a sink hole fast enough.
                  Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    So here is a puzzling development...this morning's Globe (well, at least the online version) has a front-page story entitled "BU to probe hockey culture after charges." In the subheading, it states "After saying he would try to change the team's culture, BU's hockey coach said yesterday he doubted it would change despite sex charges against two players." I have read the story twice and I see NO MENTION of Parker making any statment that he "doubted" it would change. Is this an example of burying the lead or inflammatory reporting? You make a claim and then it is unsubstantiated? And there are people here that criticize the reporters at the Freep??????
                    Link please. The mobile version, if I read the same article, didn't have that quote. Unless they edited the story ...

Comment

I read the story three times. I can't believe the disconnect. If Parker had made that statement, that's a huge story.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                        Link please. The mobile version, if I read the same article, didn't have that quote. Unless they edited the story ...
                        This is the article:
                        http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...o_and_trivino/

And, of course, the front page is simply this:
                        http://www.boston.com

But the "quote" (really an "accusation" - or the statement that says he doesn't think the culture will change) is in the Subtitle on the front page...NOT in the article itself (which is why I am wondering why they would make a statement like that in the headline and then not substantiate it (or at least embellish upon it - no wait, even BRING IT UP) in the main article...it's as if they just "throw it out there" to tantalize us or attempt to stir up controversy and then just ignore it. Not what I would call credible journalism...
                        Last edited by chickod; 02-24-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

While I appreciate trying to get to the bottom of this quickly, I also think there's a reason why the inquiry will go into the summer. Its easier for dismissals to happen after the year is over, be it players, coaches or other athletic department people. Not condoning this necessarily, but it doesn't take 4 weeks to find people to look into this. It does take 4 weeks for the season to be over however.

Regarding BC punks, its all good. I'd be (and have) dogged them for their many scandals so you can't take it personally. Still don't know what we ever did to Westfield St's hockey program though...
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Not what I would call credible journalism...
                            This is the Boston Globe we are talking about. It's no coincidence they are floundering. I can't think of any source where I'd be less inclined to get my news.
                            #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              This is the article:
                              http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...o_and_trivino/

And, of course, the front page is simply this:
                              http://www.boston.com

But the "quote" (really an "accusation" - or the statement that says he doesn't think the culture will change) is in the Subtitle on the front page...NOT in the article itself (which is why I am wondering why they would make a statement like that in the headline and then not substantiate it (or at least embellish upon it - no wait, even BRING IT UP) in the main article...it's as if they just "throw it out there" to tantalize us or attempt to stir up controversy and then just ignore it. Not what I would call credible journalism...
                              I e-mailed the author and she got back to me immediately. The link to the proper article was bad. She said the web people there are working on fixing the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                                I e-mailed the author and she got back to me immediately. The link to the proper article was bad. She said the web people there are working on fixing the link.
                                so the new article will tell us why jack doesn't think it can be fixed?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X