PDA

View Full Version : CC @ tUMD

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Biddco
02-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Having a great time in Duluth, already been to Silver Bay, Superior, and a dozen other places. Go Tigers!!

Great to hear! You made it all the way up to Silver Bay? You should tell more about your adventures.

Gameday! Yes! Cannot wait until 7

goldy_331
02-24-2012, 07:39 AM
That is the other. I grew up on the 2AA/6AA section finals then moved to Duluth and experienced the 7AA semis. I'll have to rock Mariucci again this year since I'm back in the cities... cmon Holy Angels upset!:eek:

Not normally an AHA fan, but this year, sure I would have liked to have seen that. The older brother of one of my kid's teammates is on the Stars this year as a 9th grader. Sorry they couldn't pull it out last night. How about Armstrong though! w00t over EP!

UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
02-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Not many better days than Section 7AA semi day in Duluth. Too bad there is no GR or CEC... could lack the usual chaotic environment this time around.

I for one am happy there is no caravan of jackwagons dressed in orange, nor the usual trailer park escapees from Cloquet. :D

LackofSuCCess
02-24-2012, 05:41 PM
It's been amazing to watch Colorado College be mediocre all season despite having some of the best talent in the league. They are poorly coached and lack the work ethic to be a top level team in the WCHA. When Duluth sweeps CC this weekend (and they will) the final nail will be driven into the NCAA playoff hopes ofthe Tigers. Next week when they have a disappointing home split with Tech (and they will) we can hope that they'll lose home ice in the WCHA playoffs so we won't have to watch this lazy group of Tigers anymore.

Fans: the program is heading in the wrong direction under Owens. In the last thirteen seasons they've had exactly ONE Frozen Four appearance. ONE. Hell, we're not even considered a regular in the NCAA field any longer.

It's time we start writing Ken Ralph and the athletics staff demanding more from this team.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
02-25-2012, 08:41 AM
It's been amazing to watch Colorado College be mediocre all season despite having some of the best talent in the league. They are poorly coached and lack the work ethic to be a top level team in the WCHA. When Duluth sweeps CC this weekend (and they will) the final nail will be driven into the NCAA playoff hopes ofthe Tigers. Next week when they have a disappointing home split with Tech (and they will) we can hope that they'll lose home ice in the WCHA playoffs so we won't have to watch this lazy group of Tigers anymore.

Fans: the program is heading in the wrong direction under Owens. In the last thirteen seasons they've had exactly ONE Frozen Four appearance. ONE. Hell, we're not even considered a regular in the NCAA field any longer.

It's time we start writing Ken Ralph and the athletics staff demanding more from this team.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm guessing you don't recall just how atrocious CC hockey was back in the 80's. Hell, if CC doesn't want Scott Owens, tUMD will take him.

HumRsky
02-25-2012, 08:50 AM
I managed to get my baby booed. They showed him on the scoreboard while I was holding him and you could clearly see my SCSU hat, but not my UMD jersey and you couldn't see that he was also wearing a UMD jersey. There was an audible 'boo.' :) ( and the cameraman admitted he got a good shot of my hat in because he was an SCSU alum)

The Rube
02-25-2012, 08:54 AM
I managed to get my baby booed. They showed him on the scoreboard while I was holding him and you could clearly see my SCSU hat, but not my UMD jersey and you couldn't see that he was also wearing a UMD jersey. There was an audible 'boo.' :) ( and the cameraman admitted he got a good shot of my hat in because he was an SCSU alum)

I think that's at least twice now you've been on the scoreboard. I swear you made it on there for the Tech-tUMD series.

HumRsky
02-25-2012, 08:58 AM
I think that's at least twice now you've been on the scoreboard. I swear you made it on there for the Tech-tUMD series.
Our baby has been on the scoreboard almost every game this season, therefore, whoever is holding him is also on. He got an audible 'awww' a couple games back when they caught him smiling and pointing at something. :)

Biddco
02-25-2012, 09:23 AM
I managed to get my baby booed. They showed him on the scoreboard while I was holding him and you could clearly see my SCSU hat, but not my UMD jersey and you couldn't see that he was also wearing a UMD jersey. There was an audible 'boo.' :) ( and the cameraman admitted he got a good shot of my hat in because he was an SCSU alum)Excellent! Babies should be booed more often.

What a return for JT! Happy to have him back.

I am very excited for Senior Night and for the opportunity to thank our terrific senior class. Probably the best class in UMD history.

AHABulldog
02-25-2012, 09:39 AM

Racist chants, booing babies... what's next?!

That's funny. I booed you from my couch!:p

ronmexico
02-25-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm guessing you don't recall just how atrocious CC hockey was back in the 80's. Hell, if CC doesn't want Scott Owens, tUMD will take him.

Not all CC fans are that critical.

willythekid
02-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Racist chants, booing babies... what's next?!

a whole new race of racist babies from daloot!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5DKLDOm7mA

ronmexico
02-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Don't forget that Saturday's games will be pushed back to 7:37 because of HS hockey. CC fans, that's the ticket. If you can, take in some MN HS hockey.

Thanks for the info Donna, we had fun. I've only seen high school hockey in Colorado, this was different.

Also, thanks to the guy that told us about the curling club. I'm enjoying myself there right now.

beersong
02-25-2012, 10:08 PM
When Duluth sweeps CC this weekend (and they will)...

You are so wise, like a miniature Buddha covered in hair.

AHABulldog
02-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the points.

(c)- Biddco

Biddco
02-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the points.

(c)- BiddcoI've said that? Okay! Give me a dollar.

Happy for the sweep. UMD played very well tonight and earned the win. The team is back on track. Now how will this team play in St Cloud?

AHABulldog
02-25-2012, 11:36 PM
I've said that? Okay! Give me a dollar.

At some time during the streak. I laughed.

SCCC owns us in Cloud. For the love of God, please work on the "live board" play.

Runninwiththedogs
02-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the info Donna, we had fun. I've only seen high school hockey in Colorado, this was different.

Also, thanks to the guy that told us about the curling club. I'm enjoying myself there right now.

Duluth East hockey is the best we've got this year. However, you'd really have gotten a wild crowd if Cloquet or Grand Rapids had been there instead of Elk River. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

bunt_q
02-26-2012, 01:10 AM

Scott Owens isn't what brought us back from the depths of the 80s. That was Donny Lucia's doing. Owens inherited a solid program.

And I dunno, maybe it is a discussion worth having. CC have been a pretty consistent lower-upper-tier team. Results matter. Still no WCHA tourney title. And nowhere close to a national title. I can concede that maybe it's time for fresh blood without necessarily saying that it's Owens' fault or that he's not a good coach. Lots of good coaches get canned because the chemistry just isn't there to get a team to the top-most tier.

Plus, I'm also a believer that it helps motivate a coach (or anyone, really) when they at least somewhat fear for their job. Complacency is never good. The sense that you have a job for life, win or lose, definitely isn't much incentive to strive.

Biddco
02-26-2012, 10:38 AM
At some time during the streak. I laughed.

SCCC owns us in Cloud. For the love of God, please work on the "live board" play.I do remember typing that. Not sure when I did..

Great job by UMD last night. It was a great effort and they never let off the gas. This team is out of their doldrums and I cannot wait to see what this team will do in a place where they have played awful.