Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Cloud State at Michigan Tech: Bad Teams Getting Home Ice

Well one of them probably will.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: St. Cloud State at Michigan Tech: Bad Teams Getting Home Ice

I wouldn't say bad. Mediocre/inconsistent, for sure.

But then again, I'm a Tech fan. My expectations are still low.

Comment

traditionally we struggle against St, Clouud. they arrest our fans and give us stinky motel rooms. may we return the favor.

if we are going to get points now is the time. the CC series will be brutal.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

If there was ever a time to get the SCSU monkey off our backs, this is it. Avoiding dumb penalties should be the biggest key to a successful senior weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          Well one of them probably will.
          Unless one of them sweeps this weekend, the chances are miniscule. Of the 3 teams tied with 27 pts, only Omaha has two tough series. Omaha has Minnesota and Denver the next two weekends, but if they can get even 2 points out of 8 that means Tech or SCSU would need 5 and 6 points respectively to tie them in the standings.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Unless one of them sweeps this weekend, the chances are miniscule. Of the 3 teams tied with 27 pts, only Omaha has two tough series. Omaha has Minnesota and Denver the next two weekends, but if they can get even 2 points out of 8 that means Tech or SCSU would need 5 and 6 points respectively to tie them in the standings.
            We lose the tiebreaker to UNO so we'd need seven. We need to win this series and the wheels to come off UNO completely, and I mean 0-4-0 off.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Huskies can sweep and still no home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                exactly. The one or two points SCSU lost friday was a killer.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Could be very interesting. Tech will come to play, and they need three of the next four, plus some help.. Under that scenario having UNO in Houghton again? Doesn't cc have some tough games as well?
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Home Away Game
                    Importance
                    Denver (18-10-4) North Dakota (17-11-3) 35
                    Minnesota-Duluth (20-7-5) Colorado College (16-12-2) 30
                    Nebraska-Omaha (14-12-6) Minnesota (21-11-1) 25
                    Michigan Tech (13-15-4) St. Cloud State (13-15-4) 16

http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahockey/wchamig.html

Comment

My prediction: Huskies win both games.
                      Chance of being correct: 100%

Ryan J
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        My prediction: Huskies win both games.
                        Chance of being correct: 100%

Ryan J
                        Lies cause of ties
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Lies cause of ties
                          Huskies get 4 points this weekend. No lies.
                          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                            Huskies get 4 points this weekend. No lies.
                            Also no lie: someone will mess up and try to chant "Let's go Huskies" at the game.
                            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                              Also no lie: someone will mess up and try to chant "Let's go Huskies" at the game.
                              I've made the Misfits chant it before. Why should we bend over in our own building. A SCSU player should know that a gold and black clad crowd isn't cheering for his team.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                              X