Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Dakota @ Denver: 2/24-2/25 - Let the Rivalry Renew!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota @ Denver: 2/24-2/25 - Let the Rivalry Renew!

Things are getting serious for both teams this weekend. PWR and home ice are on everybody's mind.

Pios need to gopherize the sioux.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      Aren't both games on TV this weekend? I thought I read somewhere that Saturday's game was on Roots?
      According to the DirecTV guide it is on Root Sports Rocky Mountain on Saturday at 7pm (mountain).
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        According to the DirecTV guide it is on Root Sports Rocky Mountain on Saturday at 7pm (mountain).
        Yeah! So both games are on T.V. this weekend, 9:00 PM Central Time, 603 on Friday night and 683 on Roots on DirecTV, at 8:00 PM on Saturday Night.
        Last edited by Goon; 02-20-2012, 10:38 AM.
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
          North Dakota might be my favorite weekend of the season. Their fans are just as arrogant as Minnesota, but at least they have the Championships to back it up. And they love to accuse DU and our fans of being classless, which is just plain comical. And of course good hockey is all but guaranteed.

I would be content with a split, but I think that if goaltending stands tall, if we see the defense we saw against Minnesota, and the power play is clicking we could take 4 points here.
          Yikes! An open invitation to DUBBS?! They have 7 titles, you know--nearly all of them with nothing but blonde, virgin, lefse-eating Minnesotans on the ice.

Since we're not permitted to talk actual hockey on game threads until Wednesday, I'll just say it should be a fun weekend. I assume the Sioux will give a stick salute after Saturday's game to celebrate the sweep, since Sioux fans will probably outnumber Pio fans. Or at least it will seem that way, with so many Pio fans napping, over-medicated, or just too infirm to stand and yell. How can you get upset at fans like that?

Comment

BU is taking over the Bad Boyz label with 2 players, arrested/suspended/removed from the team before March even rolls around. Disappointed in the sioux this year not keeping up the traditional ways.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              BU is taking over the Bad Boyz label with 2 players, arrested/suspended/removed from the team before March even rolls around. Disappointed in the sioux this year not keeping up the traditional ways.
              We like to keep ours on the misdemeanor level.
              "My greatest achievement."
              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Yikes! An open invitation to DUBBS?! They have 7 titles, you know--nearly all of them with nothing but blonde, virgin, lefse-eating Minnesotans on the ice.

Since we're not permitted to talk actual hockey on game threads until Wednesday, I'll just say it should be a fun weekend. I assume the Sioux will give a stick salute after Saturday's game to celebrate the sweep, since Sioux fans will probably outnumber Pio fans. Or at least it will seem that way, with so many Pio fans napping, over-medicated, or just too infirm to stand and yell. How can you get upset at fans like that?
                Don't forget about all the trust fund DU students who can't be bothered to attend games because they are busy making weekend retreats to Daddy's chalet. They of course don't know how to ski, but they'll do anything to avoid actually supporting the school they reportedly care about.

Question for Ruckus fans: Was there another massive student ticket camp out this year where upwards of 76 students actually showed up to purchase season tickets only to never attend any games?
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  Nice of DU to remind North Dakota about the rules at Magness:

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2012/02...with-open.html
                  But, they're THE SIOUX DAMMIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Don't forget about all the trust fund DU students who can't be bothered to attend games because they are busy making weekend retreats to Daddy's chalet. They of course don't know how to ski, but they'll do anything to avoid actually supporting the school they reportedly care about.

Question for Ruckus fans: Was there another massive student ticket camp out this year where upwards of 76 students actually showed up to purchase season tickets only to never attend any games?
                    I know you can provoke us better than this. Burd is stealing your thunder.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                      I know you can provoke us better than this. Burd is stealing your thunder.
                      But of course, but I don't feel that I should pull out the "A" material right away. You obviously feel differently given your first blog entry on the series. Sure it was completely lacking in anything worthwhile and I can only assume watching Whitney Houston's funeral would have produced more laughs than it, but still you brought out your "A" material right away. Good for you!

Sioux Sweep
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        But of course, but I don't feel that I should pull out the "A" material right away. You obviously feel differently given your first blog entry on the series. Sure it was completely lacking in anything worthwhile and I can only assume watching Whitney Houston's funeral would have produced more laughs than it, but still you brought out your "A" material right away. Good for you!

Sioux Sweep
                        Like Coach Gwozdecky, I bring my A Game to every post.

A string of recent Frozen Four chokes and the fact that UND's playoff chances will be severely compromised after another DU Gopher/Sioux season sweep this weekend is taking the starch out of your undies.
                        Last edited by dggoddard; 02-20-2012, 12:49 PM.

Comment

gwoz is a cheat

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                            North Dakota might be my favorite weekend of the season. Their fans are just as arrogant as Minnesota, but at least they have the Championships to back it up. And they love to accuse DU and our fans of being classless, which is just plain comical. And of course good hockey is all but guaranteed.

I would be content with a split, but I think that if goaltending stands tall, if we see the defense we saw against Minnesota, and the power play is clicking we could take 4 points here.
                            DU has fans? That's a shocker right there. Pretty sure DU fans are still on the endangered species list.

Hoping the Sioux can at least split with the Jelly Donuts though sweeping would be nice as well.

Comment

Since I still don't have an answers about whether 17 DU students camped out to get tickets, I can only assume the Pioneers don't have fans. Other than dg and everyone's favorite Grandpa Simpson clone, Old Pio.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

What is the over and under of there being a dasher dance and a line brawl or two between the Hatfields and McCoys this weekend.
                                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                                Eric's Twitter
                                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X