Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota @ Nebraska Omaha, Feb. 24-25: Worst. Drive. EVER.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Nebraska Omaha, Feb. 24-25: Worst. Drive. EVER.

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Weird. Big Ten teams draw higher attendance on the road than most other games?
    This is because these three games were part of the Sell Out this-or-that team promotion the last three seasons running. You'll note that they are consecutive years, all about the same time of the season. All the other "big" crowd games not part of those nights are in the 11,000 to 12,000 range against, I believe, Michigan (more than once, I think), North Dakota, and maybe a couple more. I'll have to research it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      This couldn't possibly be true. Just ask UND, UW, and UMD fans. They all say Gopher fans don't travel well.
      Obviously UMD travels better because when they came to down they set a school record
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Just read UNO will be announcing plans to build a new 8,000 seat arena in the next few months.

Congrats
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Just off work and god I hope you are lying. 8,000 is too small. Well i enjoyed the decent ticket prices while they lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Just read UNO will be announcing plans to build a new 8,000 seat arena in the next few months.

Congrats
            I assume you are referring to Coach Blais comments in the Tribune today?

Coach Blais did not say an 8000 seat arena, the writer did. Blais just said an arena without specifying any particular size.

Most observers here would tell you it is unlikely UNO builds anything that small.

Every fan I have talked to around here about this topic around here would have a conniption if they built a rink that small.

UNO has averaged more fans than that on an yearly basis for 8 of the 15 years of the program! Your Tribune hockey blogger does not have all the facts on this one.

Comment

NEBRASKA OMAHA MAVERICKS (14-12-6, 11-8-5 WCHA)
              17 Broadhurst – 11 Jayson Megna – White
              19 Walters – 12 Montpetit – 15 Archibald
              14 Zombo – 25 Gwidt – 28 O’Rourke
              9 Polk – 16 Krause – 13 Raubenheimer

7 Young – 3 Sustr
              8 Jaycob Megna – 24 Aneloski
              2 Smith – 5 Ensign

31 Massa
              29 Belfour
              35 Bergman

NO. 6 MINNESOTA GOPHERS (21-11-1, 17-7-0 WCHA)
              7 Rau – 27 Bjugstad – 24 Budish
              11 Warning – 19 Haula – 21 Hansen
              16 Condon – 9 Matson – 13 Sacchetti
              14 Serratore – 22 Boyd – 17 Ambroz

4 Helgeson – 12 Holl
              29 Schmidt – 20 Alt
              6 Parenteau – 5 Thompson

35 Patterson
              1 Shibrowski
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Hopefully that second line can continue to contribute. I also hope that Thompson can come in and keep the mistakes to a minimum. Good thing Parenteau is with him, as I feel he has been our best stay at home d-man this year.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

On UNO's side, I REALLY like these top two lines. It sounds from the Minnesota fans like their top two lines are stellar, so when those two are matched up against each other in some combination, it should be some terrific hockey. I also like the top 2 defensive pairings as well. Aneloski is really coming on. I will be a bit concerned with # 3 though, and would expect that pairing to be off the ice when Minny's top two lines are gunning. Enjoy the game tonight everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                    #1. 16,138 for Minnesota-Duluth on 1-13-12

#2. 15,137 for Wisconsin on 2-11-11

#3. 13,417 for Ohio State on 2-5-10

The building seats 16,680 for hockey, despite any other published number you may have seen.
                    Your examples show us Trev was correct to leave the CCHA.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Very happy for Parenteau. Now we need to get Boyd a goal.

Hell of a game out of UNO. Pretty dang good team.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Great game. Lots of back and forth tomorrow should be a battle.

Agreed on Parenteau, he is a rock back on D and it's nice to see him rewarded with a huge goal.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Aside from a Tech-like 2nd period, I thought MN outplayed them completely. 3 pipes hit, lots of scoring chances, etc.

That being said, UNO is a good team, still nervous about tomorrow, but for now, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Aside from a Tech-like 2nd period, I thought MN outplayed them completely. 3 pipes hit, lots of scoring chances, etc.

That being said, UNO is a good team, still nervous about tomorrow, but for now, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Completely? No. Slightly yes. Once UNO got a couple of goal the gophers realized they had to play hockey instead of school yard bully. Loved the unsportsmanlike call on the face off. You don't get completely out played and end up in OT.
                            UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

A fine game tonight. Good contingent of Gopher fans down here, I hope you enjoy your stay! I thought the first period was pretty even, UNO came out more physical than I've seen in some time. Minnesota is tremendously quick transitioning from d to offense and that got the first goal. UNO was terrific in the second period, very aggressive short handed and if they cash in on the 3 on 1 at the end of the Gopher powerplay late in the second to make it 3-1, the house woulda come down and I think its a different game. When Minnesota got their chances in the second, they were very, very good ones and Massa was sharp.

Third period Minnesota really carried the play, UNO's chances were few and far between. I'd like to know Minnesota's fans thoughts on their goaltender. He seemed to really fight the puck, especially up high. UNO had a couple of excellent opportunities very late in the third. The overtime was a good one while it lasted. I thought Broadhurst(who was our best player on the ice tonight) was going to get a shot off on net until he went down, and the game winner was an excellent shot.

Gopher fans, you've got a very deep team. UNO has two good lines but tonight the depth of your squad showed. I'm very, very pleased with the effort our boys gave, they just seem to be a shot, shift, or puck luck short at times this year, and I think that has to do with your squad has 4 deep lines, our team isn't there yet, but also isn't too far off.

Should be a fun one tomorrow with another big crowd!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Very happy for Parenteau. Now we need to get Boyd a goal.

Hell of a game out of UNO. Pretty dang good team.
                                Inconsistantly good. Too bad they couldn't have played like that against Bemidgi. Wait for next year Massa is going to be a rock. Like I said earlier, sorry about the organist.
                                UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Working...
                                X