Frozen 4 Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen 4 Tickets

My tickets arrived today and I was suprised that only the tix were in the envelope no other info about the area or even the skills competition

Re: Frozen 4 Tickets

Didn't they discontinue the skills competition after 2010?

A little surprised to get these tickets in hand so early. That was a positive. On the downside, there was zero information in the packet except the tickets. Surprising.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

A little surprised to get these tickets in hand so early. That was a positive. On the downside, there was zero information in the packet except the tickets. Surprising.
      Agree it is surprising. You would think that at the very least some area info could be included to get people excited. Looking forward to this one in particular, warm weather, and lots of friends, oh and beer! Really what we need included every year is a pub crawl route!

Comment

guess there is nothing to do in tampa!

or the fact that they ARE early means somebody dropped the envelopes in the mailbox before they were supposed to!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

I just showed this thread to my wife, who lived in Tampa for years before moving back here (and marrying me). Despite my thinking that this is a nutso place for a Frozen 4, she does not agree. She thinks hockey fan would find Tampa quite appealing at that time of year, at the end of a long winter up north, and she says there are a bazillion people living there that are huge hockey fans that are transplanted from up north. She, herself, went to a lot of Lightning games, too. She says "If you can't find something to do there, you aren't looking very hard". Having never been there myself, I guess I'll take her word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            My tickets arrived today and I was suprised that only the tix were in the envelope no other info about the area or even the skills competition
            Interesting. As of Tuesday, Ticketmaster and the Times Forum arena said the tickets hadn't been printed yet.
            . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

We received our tickets as well. Since they're mailed to my friend's house, I haven't seen what (if anything) is included in the packet. We're staying for the whole week and we've already planned most of our activities so nothing in the packet is no big deal. We've got a condo in Ybor City, which is right near where the arena is. We arrive on Sunday 4/1 in the afternoon. Nothing planned for Sunday but settling in and engaging in our annual Frozen Four kickoff celebration that includes several adult beverages. We're going to a Twins-Rays spring training game on Monday in Port Charlotte, FL, deep sea fishing on Tuesday, touring an alligator park on Wednesday and hockey on Thursday. Friday is open but we're thinking about either the Rays opening day game against the Yankees or the Tampa Yankees vs. Lakeland Tigers minor league game. Saturday morning, 2 of the guys are running a 10K and me and 1 other guy are finding a nice bar. :-) Championship game Saturday night and fly home Sunday.

We've made every Frozen Four since 2005 and we look forward to it each year. Although I don't consider Tampa a hockey hot spot, you'd have to be pretty unimaginative to have a hard time finding something to do there. You could go to Busch Gardens, tour the Anheiser Busch brewery or even drive about 70 miles to Disney World or any of the several other Orlando destinations. These are things we considered but settled on what we've scheduled so far. Maybe we hit one of those on Friday during the day. Anyway, can't wait for this year's trip. I just hope the Gophers will join me this year.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Ski yo momma!
              Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
              Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

There is golf every day. Perfect location!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                  drive about 70 miles to Disney World or any of the several other Orlando destinations. These are things we considered but settled on what we've scheduled so far. Maybe we hit one of those on Friday during the day.
                  Just one note, Disney crowds will be some of the busiest days of the year during this Easter week. Crowd calendars have a total crowd at 10 out of 10 for I think all of these days. One fact people don't know is that they CAN and WILL close the gates to the parking lots and I believe they will close any park itself if they reach capacity. So... if this is on the list of things to potentially do, get there early early early to avoid these issues. It will be wall-to-wall people in most parks probably.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Where is the FF in 2013?
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      Where is the FF in 2013?
                      Pittsburgh.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                      X