Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNY Cortland to Host a Saves For A Cure Game this Saturday

Hi all!

This is the 2nd and final Saves For A Cure, Inc. game this year. The jerseys look great and the guys at Cortland have put a lot of effort into making sure this event will be very successful. I am very proud to be a part of it and humbled that they have chosen to support Saves For A Cure. Here is the press release copied from the SUNY Cortland Athletic Site along with a link to the Jersey Auction:

The SUNY Cortland men's ice hockey team will be holding its first annual “Saves For A Cure” night when the Red Dragons host SUNY Plattsburgh at Alumni Arena on Saturday, Feb. 18, at 7 p.m.

The Red Dragons are raising money by accepting pledges for each save Cortland goaltenders register versus the Cardinals. All of the money raised will benefit “Saves for a Cure,” a non-profit organization with the sole purpose of helping children with their battle against cancer.

The organization was founded by former The College at Brockport goaltender Todd Sheridan, who successfully battled cancer himself, and over the past few years has made generous donations to the Golisano Children's Hospital in Rochester, N.Y., to help re-supply and reconstruct its children's cancer facilities.

Businesses and individuals are welcome to pledge any dollar amount per save made by the Red Dragons. Straight donations are also welcomed.

In addition, the Cortland players will be wearing special custom-made jerseys during the game that feature the “Saves For A Cure” logo on them. An auction will be held for fans to purchase the jerseys, with all money raised from the auction also completely going to the “Saves For a Cure” foundation. Bidding on the jerseys will begin on Wednesday, Feb. 15, and will run through Sunday, Feb. 26, at 6 p.m. online at www.cortlandreddragons.com/SavesForACure.

To make donations or to learn more about supporting the cause, please contact Cortland senior goalie Mike Reilly at Michael.Reilly@cortland.edu or (607) 745-5635.

Thanks for the Support,

Todd Sheridan
    Founder & CEO
    Saves For A Cure, Inc.
    304 Hoover Ave.
    Edison, NJ 08837
    Spirit|Support|Determination
    Todd Sheridan
    Founder and CEO of Saves For A Cure, Inc.
    Todd@Savesforacure.com
    27 Ellis Drive
    Brockport, NY 14420
    (585) 391-3333

"Beat Cancer, Never Quit"

Re: SUNY Cortland to Host a Saves For A Cure Game this Saturday

Originally posted by Saves For A Cure View Post
    Hi all!

This is the 2nd and final Saves For A Cure, Inc. game this year. The jerseys look great and the guys at Cortland have put a lot of effort into making sure this event will be very successful. I am very proud to be a part of it and humbled that they have chosen to support Saves For A Cure. Here is the press release copied from the SUNY Cortland Athletic Site along with a link to the Jersey Auction:

The SUNY Cortland men's ice hockey team will be holding its first annual “Saves For A Cure” night when the Red Dragons host SUNY Plattsburgh at Alumni Arena on Saturday, Feb. 18, at 7 p.m.

The Red Dragons are raising money by accepting pledges for each save Cortland goaltenders register versus the Cardinals. All of the money raised will benefit “Saves for a Cure,” a non-profit organization with the sole purpose of helping children with their battle against cancer.

The organization was founded by former The College at Brockport goaltender Todd Sheridan, who successfully battled cancer himself, and over the past few years has made generous donations to the Golisano Children's Hospital in Rochester, N.Y., to help re-supply and reconstruct its children's cancer facilities.

Businesses and individuals are welcome to pledge any dollar amount per save made by the Red Dragons. Straight donations are also welcomed.

In addition, the Cortland players will be wearing special custom-made jerseys during the game that feature the “Saves For A Cure” logo on them. An auction will be held for fans to purchase the jerseys, with all money raised from the auction also completely going to the “Saves For a Cure” foundation. Bidding on the jerseys will begin on Wednesday, Feb. 15, and will run through Sunday, Feb. 26, at 6 p.m. online at www.cortlandreddragons.com/SavesForACure.

To make donations or to learn more about supporting the cause, please contact Cortland senior goalie Mike Reilly at Michael.Reilly@cortland.edu or (607) 745-5635.

Thanks for the Support,

Todd Sheridan
    Founder & CEO
    Saves For A Cure, Inc.
    304 Hoover Ave.
    Edison, NJ 08837
    Spirit|Support|Determination
    Great stuff! and kudos to Cortland and Mike Reilly for jumping on board with this. I'm still hoping for the SUNYAC wide Saves for a Cure weekend some year but maybe that's just a pipe dream to try and get everyone on board with that.

Great work Todd!

Comment

Todd, you gonna be suiting up again for this event like you did in the past? I'll be first in line to throw some rubber at ya!

See ya Saturday buddy!
      Jim Reisdorf
      Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Yes Derrick that would be awesome. Hoping to get some more games next year. Yes Cortland has stepped up nicely. The Project Managers are Reilly, Christiano and Saville. They also had a lot of support from different members of the school and athletic department.

Jim: You had your chance 2 years ago. That was a one time thing. Too old and beat up for that! I also got lit up enough that day to last a lifetime. So will this be the first time I see Platty fans in a rink and not get heckled? That just won't feel right.....
        Todd Sheridan
        Todd@Savesforacure.com
        27 Ellis Drive
        Brockport, NY 14420
        (585) 391-3333

Comment

Yes Derrick that would be awesome. Hoping to get some more games next year. Yes Cortland has stepped up nicely. The Project Managers are Reilly, Christiano and Saville. They also had a lot of support from different members of the school and athletic department.

Jim: You had your chance 2 years ago. That was a one time thing. Too old and beat up for that! I also got lit up enough that day to last a lifetime. So will this be the first time I see Platty fans in a rink and not get heckled? That just won't feel right.....
          Only because we love ya Todd!! Heres home for a ton of shots. Just as long as one more goes in then Cortland!
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Always good to hear when more teams get on board. Good luck and I hope it does really well.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I remember overhearing your girlfriend say, "I don't plan on pushing you around in a wheelchair the rest of my life..."
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

HAHA PSU, I always loved getting heckled anyway, made it way more fun!

Russell, I am sure that I will be purchasing a motorized scooter shortly! Could I bribe you with Pretzels and Dunkin Donuts Coffee to attend the Cortland game? Worth a shot.
                Todd Sheridan
                Todd@Savesforacure.com
                27 Ellis Drive
                Brockport, NY 14420
                (585) 391-3333

Comment

HAHA PSU, I always loved getting heckled anyway, made it way more fun!

Russell, I am sure that I will be purchasing a motorized scooter shortly! Could I bribe you with Pretzels and Dunkin Donuts Coffee to attend the Cortland game? Worth a shot.
                  Only if he's picking Cortland to win....if not Im bribing him to stay away.

And Todd if you didn't have a 4.84GAA and .876 save % against Plattsburgh it wouldn't have been so easy Too bad you didn't have Cody and Finnerty back then for four years!!

In all seriousness is there a run down of events going to take place for us out of town/visiting fans not in the know. Probably not going to bid on a Cortland Jersey but wouldn't mind helping out somewheres else.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    Only if he's picking Cortland to win....if not Im bribing him to stay away.

And Todd if you didn't have a 4.84GAA and .876 save % against Plattsburgh it wouldn't have been so easy Too bad you didn't have Cody and Finnerty back then for four years!!

In all seriousness is there a run down of events going to take place for us out of town/visiting fans not in the know. Probably not going to bid on a Cortland Jersey but wouldn't mind helping out somewheres else.
                    4.84?!?... multiply that one by 2 but I appreciate the underestimate. There will be a donation bucket. People can also mail checks made out to:
                    Saves For A Cure, Inc.
                    304 Hoover Ave
                    Edison, NJ 08837

Jim mailed in some money for tickets for the Chinese Auction at Brockport this past year. There are always ways to donate and I am happy to help make it happen. Having the opportunity to meet the kids and seeing how SFAC is helping has been amazing.
                    Todd Sheridan
                    Todd@Savesforacure.com
                    27 Ellis Drive
                    Brockport, NY 14420
                    (585) 391-3333

Comment

I don't drink coffee and Cortland doesn't have pretzels (the last time I was there).

So, try again...
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        I don't drink coffee and Cortland doesn't have pretzels (the last time I was there).

So, try again...
                        Hard man to please. One would think the 4 pretzels I delivered to you at the Brockport SFAC would count for something! I'll email Angelo, he will definitely be on my side.
                        Todd Sheridan
                        Todd@Savesforacure.com
                        27 Ellis Drive
                        Brockport, NY 14420
                        (585) 391-3333

Comment

Working...
                        X