Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Bye NCHA, Hello WIAC. Grab a life vest SNC and CSS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Bye NCHA, Hello WIAC. Grab a life vest SNC and CSS!

http://d3hockey.com/notables/2011/Re...sponsor-hockey

And things will never be the same.....

Re: Good Bye NCHA, Hello WIAC. Grab a life vest SNC and CSS!

Interesting change.......that will be a short season only playing the 5 colleges 3 times........so more games out o conference then? Wonder if other teams from neighboring conferences
    would consider joining the WIAC and NCHA conferences. Funny if the remaining NCHA teams join the WIAC.

Comment

Straight off the top of my head (and completely talking out of my *** here), but how viable of an option is the MCHA for these two?

My school was on the other end of this on the D-1 side, and I don't want that for anyone else, either.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The proposition of SNC vs. Adrian is an intriguing one at that.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I'm not looking at a map right now, but could the MIAC be an option?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            I'm not looking at a map right now, but could the MIAC be an option?
            I think MIAC would be a possibility for CSS. SNC may go to the MCHA or WIAC as an associate member.
            Last edited by MountieBoyOz; 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
              The proposition of SNC vs. Adrian is an intriguing one at that.
              If that's a by-product of all this, so be it. We've got a bigger issue at hand here.

God, that was fun...

Comment

If that's a by-product of all this, so be it. We've got a bigger issue at hand here.
                True. I do hate conferences being nuked by bean counters.

Comment

As a fellow bean-counter, you watch it. *shakes tax code at Mountie*

God, that was fun...

Comment

Let's back up for a minute here. The Wisconsin schools are going to a five team conference, and walking away from an AQ in the process without (apparently) laying the foundation for getting one of their own. Unless there's expansion that no one is talking about seriously, this doesn't make sense for anyone involved.

Now, I doubt SNC or CSS is going to be out in the cold for long, but this is a head-scratcher for the Wisconsin schools, at least on its face.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Let's back up for a minute here. The Wisconsin schools are going to a five team conference, and walking away from an AQ in the process without (apparently) laying the foundation for getting one of their own. Unless there's expansion that no one is talking about seriously, this doesn't make sense for anyone involved.

Now, I doubt SNC or CSS is going to be out in the cold for long, but this is a head-scratcher for the Wisconsin schools, at least on its face.
                      Bingo.

It took 10 posts but we finally got there. Hammer wins the thread. The state schools are suffering because of the decision by their chancellors. On the plus side it will bring back Pool B.

My best guess is SNC joins the MCHA, CSS joins the MIAC and the WIAC and ECAC West will battle it out each year for the Pool B spot.

Logic does not apply to this decision.

Edit: This also opens up a distinct possibility of 9/2 splits in the future. Let that one sink in for a moment.

Comment

Oh, I was getting there, but my mind ran faster than I could post.

I just posted on the other board, but I'll paraphrase here, too. And I'm going to be blunt.

SNC and CSS have the WIAC schools by the balls. Not the other way around. The WIAC schools need BOTH of those schools to keep the AQ, and not be at the mercy of the Pool B that may or may not be there, depending of whether the ECAC-W can get to 7 themselves and secure a Pool A of their own. As I said before, I've got to believe that the MCHA and/or the the MIAC would be more than interested in at least one of these schools. If one school changes leagues, those 5 WIAC schools have just shot themselves in the collective you-know-what.
                        Last edited by Hammer; 02-14-2012, 07:43 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
                          The state schools are suffering because of the decision by their chancellors.
                          Yup. Penny-wise and pound foolish. A blatant violation of the Law of Unintended Consequences. Somebody didn't think 1 step ahead, let alone 3 or 4.

On the plus side it will bring back Pool B.
                          Ah, but for how long? If the ECAC-W gets stoned out of a bid soon due to there being no Pool B, I'd be willing to bet a beer that says they try to get to 7 sooner rather than later, and not leave this to chance again, regardless of what happens out west.

God, that was fun...

Comment

While waiting to learn more I am going to do some checking. I believe that the WIAC has or had Lawrence as an associate member for wrestling. Perhaps that sort of arrangement would allow SNC and CSS to stay with the 5 while still allowing the WIAC the control it apparently wants.
                            St. Norbert College Green Knights
                            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                            ---
                            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                              While waiting to learn more I am going to do some checking. I believe that the WIAC has or had Lawrence as an associate member for wrestling. Perhaps that sort of arrangement would allow SNC and CSS to stay with the 5 while still allowing the WIAC the control it apparently wants.
                              I think this is a big assumption. It is very likely the WIAC will have to have a 3 year probationary period since it is a new conference. Assuming this to be the case, why would SNC or CSS join when they can go to the MIAC and MCHA and have an auto bid right away?

Comment

Working...
                              X