Northern Michigan vs Michigan 2/17-2/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Michigan vs Michigan 2/17-2/18

Northern Michigan is coming off a huge weekend sweep of Bowling Green that keeps their post season hopes alive, While Michigan is coming off a split with Michigan State that included a big OT win at the Joe. This should be a very interesting series as we all know what happened last time in Marquette and both teams are fighting for seeds in the top 5.
    NMU

Re: Northern Michigan vs Michigan 2/17-2/18

Also, Friday nights game is on Big Ten Network. Saturday night is on FSD
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Wow, two weekends in a row with Michigan series threads. Of course, both threads were started by fans of the other teams...

As for Friday night's game on the B1G Network, oh boy. Those guys were almost unwatchable last week against MSU. Maybe they will be in the building for Friday's game.
      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Traditionally, NMU plays well in Yost. Im looking at a split this weekend.
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

This is always a fun series. Can't wait! GO CATS!
          GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
            Also, Friday nights game is on Big Ten Network. Saturday night is on FSD
            I just noticed that they moved the puck drop up to 5PM saturday for the first game in their double header that night.
            No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
              I just noticed that they moved the puck drop up to 5PM saturday for the first game in their double header that night.
              Been scheduled that way for a long time so as not to conflict with the 9pm basketball game with Ohio State on campus, and to provide a doubleheader for Hockey Day in Michigan.

Comment

Very much have to remember that. Pretty nice, though- leave home at 4pm for the walk, and a lot more stuff are open that early.

Would be nice to see some 'Cat fans that we've met before in Detroit, but without a normal meeting place anymore- that's virtually impossible (they don't let the smokers go outside- which was a good place to meet.

Comment

Don't forget Cat fans (and weasel fans), Friday night's game is on the B1G Network and Saturday's early evening game is on FSN-Detroit.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Looks like parking will be at a premium saturday. ESPN college gameday will be there prior to the BB game vs tOSU, and then there are a half dozen other events going besides hockey. I don't think there will be free parking over by Crisler, I may have to park on a side street.
                    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Looks like parking will be at a premium saturday. ESPN college gameday will be there prior to the BB game vs tOSU, and then there are a half dozen other events going besides hockey. I don't think there will be free parking over by Crisler, I may have to park on a side street.
                      AND remember, or be told Cat Fans, that Stadium Blvd is CLOSED right at State Street. So it can be a MAJOR PITA to get around.

Street parking east of Yost is getting pretty tight, crossing over Packard may be a good option. Basically, look at a map, and get some ideas if you've not been to Yost in a while.

(I'm glad we walk to games)

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        So it can be a MAJOR PITA to get around.
                        Yum, Major Pita... with hummous...
                        Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Game one in the books

Not much to say about the refs that hasnt been covered in every ccha post this season- deplorable.

4-1 Michigan

Oh and if you are coming saturday, the chrisler lot will be closed to hockey parking. Check mgoblue.com for hockey specific lots, such as ebel field.

Comment

Thanks for waking up Hunwick...

http://www.michigandaily.com/node/65162

Rest easy in KNOWING that you are responsible for his terrific season. You made a 5'7" kid like a 6'4" man.
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Well, this series is going pretty much as I suspected.

Now all the Cats can do is hope LSSU loses again to set up a showdown next week. If LSSU loses Saturday and Northern can somehow pull off a sweep against said Lakers, that would give NMU a home series in the 1st round. Of course trying for a win against LSSU is like pulling teeth. Oh, and go Redhawks too!

Comment

Working...
                              X