Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac & Princeton @ RPI & Union (2/17, 2/18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinnipiac & Princeton @ RPI & Union (2/17, 2/18)

Two important games for RPI.

Senior day on Saturday
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Quinnipiac & Princeton @ RPI & Union (2/17, 2/18)

2 very winnable games. On the road against these 2 earlier we lost to Princeton late and we lost to QU very late. These are games we can win.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Two important games for RPI.

Senior day on Saturday
      now, now...we don't want to make the fact that it's Senior Night, special. Remember 2 years ago against PU on BRF/Sr. Appreciation Night
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        now, now...we don't want to make the fact that it's Senior Night, special. Remember 2 years ago against PU on BRF/Sr. Appreciation Night
        Or last year vs. Q-Pac... or three years ago vs. SLU... or four years ago vs. CCT...

The last time we won a Senior Night game... 2004-05 season (my freshman year), vs. Yale, with 15.6 seconds left in overtime.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-11-2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

This thread is dead... Hopefully RPI can get out of this little funk they've had at home games (at least relative to their success on the road) and bring home more than 2 points. This Saturday's game may be one of the more important games of the year, simply because we need it for the tiebreaker with the Tigers should the two teams end up tied (Of course next weekend will be important for any "points against the top 4" tiebreakers).
          On another note, does anyone know if Saturday's game is going to be Whiteout? Earlier in the year, it was listed as both Senior Appreciation Night and Whiteout on the rpiathletics.com schedule, but that has since been changed. I know last week's game notes said that it would be Whiteout, but the dissonance between the two is a bit odd. Honestly, given we haven't won a Whiteout since 2006 and a Senior Night since the year before, maybe it would be a good thing not to have the promotion.

Anyway, this post is mostly just me trying to rid my brain of the pentose phosphate pathway and fatty acid synthesis/degradation I was just tested on, so I apologize if it's a little inane.
          Last edited by lugnut92; 02-15-2012, 01:48 PM.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post

Anyway, this post is mostly just me trying to rid my brain of the pentose phosphate pathway and fatty acid synthesis/degradation I was just tested on, so I apologize if it's a little inane.
            I find imbibing something 80-100 proof accomplishes that rather quickly.

Comment

This thread is dead...
              There are many weeks when I wonder why I bother starting these threads since it makes no sense if only RPI fans post -- we could just use our own thread. The PC-QU pair is quite often one of those weeks.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                There are many weeks when I wonder why I bother starting these threads since it makes no sense if only RPI fans post -- we could just use our own thread. The PC-QU pair is quite often one of those weeks.
                When do we play Providence and Quinnipiac in the same week?
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  When do we play Providence and Quinnipiac in the same week?
                  It would be a shorter road trip.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This thread is dead... Hopefully RPI can get out of this little funk they've had at home games (at least relative to their success on the road) and bring home more than 2 points. This Saturday's game may be one of the more important games of the year, simply because we need it for the tiebreaker with the Tigers should the two teams end up tied (Of course next weekend will be important for any "points against the top 4" tiebreakers).
                    On another note, does anyone know if Saturday's game is going to be Whiteout? Earlier in the year, it was listed as both Senior Appreciation Night and Whiteout on the rpiathletics.com schedule, but that has since been changed. I know last week's game notes said that it would be Whiteout, but the dissonance between the two is a bit odd. Honestly, given we haven't won a Whiteout since 2006 and a Senior Night since the year before, maybe it would be a good thing not to have the promotion.

I know I've seen it referred to as Whiteout recently...think it was the Junior Hockey Night email.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I find imbibing something 80-100 proof accomplishes that rather quickly.
                      I am under 21 and would thus never ever think of doing something like that.
                      Last edited by lugnut92; 02-15-2012, 06:45 PM.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I am under 21 and would thus never ever think of doing something like that.
                        Back when I was at RPI as a student the drinking age was 18 in NY. But at the Armory Bar right near campus-it was whatever you wanted it to be

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Back when I was at RPI as a student the drinking age was 18 in NY. But at the Armory Bar right near campus-it was whatever you wanted it to be
                          How true.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This weekend, I would like to hear that the Engineers gave 130 minutes of solid effort.

Comment

some pre-game thoughts from SA http://www.rpiathletics.com/index.aspx?path=hockey
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                              X