Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

DX...you do realize that the red from the circle in the clip your touting as proof actually shields the point of contact right?
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Leave me to my windmills dammit!!!!
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Leave me to my windmills dammit!!!!
        Admit you were wrong so I can go to bed.

Comment

I was there & it was cheap. I also agree that the rule needs to be changed,,,,,,,,an eye for an eye!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            So because he got hurt, it should be a DQ? WHat about the hit on Leddy a few years back. Got knocked out for a long time. I said it now and I'll say it again: The guy didn't deserve a suspension and probably didn't deserve a penalty.

Any hit that results in an injury deserves a DQ for you huh?
            So, a couple of points here. No, it shouldn't be a DQ because he got hurt. The reason that it should be a DQ or game misconduct is because of the way that Rau approached Zucker and they way he checked him. According to the rules that the NCAA has published and focused on, this was exactly the type of play that they were trying to eliminate. Just a couple of lines from the points of emphasis section of the 2010-2012 NCAA rulebook...

*To make this rule clearer, any time a player targets the head or neck area of an opponent, it must be a major penalty and a game misconduct penalty at a minimum.
            * The committee reminds coaches and players that the responsibility remains with the player making the hit to avoid contact with the head and neck area of an opposing player. Any contact which directly targets the player’s head and neck area must be penalized with a major penalty and a game misconduct or disqualification. A player delivering a check to an unsuspecting and vulnerable player puts themselves in jeopardy of being penalized under this rule.

* Officials are to pay particular attention to these examples when applying this rule. These are intended as guidance and include, but are not limited to, the following:
            • A player that has just released a shot or pass;
            • A player that delivers a late hit;
            • A player that extends and directs the arm, elbow, forearm or shoulder to contact the head and neck area of the opponent;
            • A player that leaves the skates or launches in order to deliver a blow to the head or neck area of the opposing player.

The other thing about this is that, it doesn't matter if one of the referees didn't see the penalty occur. On this kind of a penalty, the linesman are able to assist the referee to make the call. There is an assumption being made that they called this a game misconduct because of the injury, but that's not necessarily true. The linesman is able to go to the referee and explain to him what he saw.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
              So, a couple of points here. No, it shouldn't be a DQ because he got hurt. The reason that it should be a DQ or game misconduct is because of the way that Rau approached Zucker and they way he checked him. According to the rules that the NCAA has published and focused on, this was exactly the type of play that they were trying to eliminate. Just a couple of lines from the points of emphasis section of the 2010-2012 NCAA rulebook...

*To make this rule clearer, any time a player targets the head or neck area of an opponent, it must be a major penalty and a game misconduct penalty at a minimum.
              * The committee reminds coaches and players that the responsibility remains with the player making the hit to avoid contact with the head and neck area of an opposing player. Any contact which directly targets the player’s head and neck area must be penalized with a major penalty and a game misconduct or disqualification. A player delivering a check to an unsuspecting and vulnerable player puts themselves in jeopardy of being penalized under this rule.

* Officials are to pay particular attention to these examples when applying this rule. These are intended as guidance and include, but are not limited to, the following:
              • A player that extends and directs the arm, elbow, forearm or shoulder to contact the head and neck area of the opponent;
              • A player that leaves the skates or launches in order to deliver a blow to the head or neck area of the opposing player.

The other thing about this is that, it doesn't matter if one of the referees didn't see the penalty occur. On this kind of a penalty, the linesman are able to assist the referee to make the call. There is an assumption being made that they called this a game misconduct because of the injury, but that's not necessarily true. The linesman is able to go to the referee and explain to him what he saw.
              Did they write this rule before or after tonight's incident? That basically covers the entire thing. Thanks for posting although it's a guarantee that someone will still try to see it differently.

Not DX though. He's coming around...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Admit you were wrong so I can go to bed.
                NEVER!!

Asking me to admit I'm wrong is like trying to figure out a way to rip eight neutrons off a 126-neutron nucleus.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post

...and the NCAA sent out a memo to all the conferences this past summer reiterating all of this...somebody has to be a completely ignorant moron to think that rau's chickenchit self wasn't deserving of being booted off the ice, in line with the rules that ALL teams and players must adhere to.

Comment

Zapruder and tenterhooks on one page? Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Did they write this rule before or after tonight's incident? That basically covers the entire thing.
                      Yep. Hit was late, player had released a shot/pass, and Rau's hands definitely got to the "head/neck area".

The idea that it should only have been a minor penalty is laughable, and the militant opposition to a potential 1 game suspension or whatever the WCHA may hand down upon reviewing the incident is also laughable.

Perhaps TrixAre4morans or whatever his name is will think a few more times before posting again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        What did Rau get called for? 5 minutes for charging and a DQ?
                        5 for boarding and game misconduct.

I'll be ****ed if this ends up as a suspension when I haven't seen any suspensions this year for actual boarding and checking from behind calls. Or even for Blood attacking Rau in the handshake line. I still say give him two for charging and two more for unsportsmanlike and call it a day. It does bother me that the hit went from nothing when it happened to five and a game because it was Zucker and he was hurt.

Comment

Where do all these low post total / recent registration people come from? And they all mysteriously defend the indefensible.

Too ****ing funny.

Read the rule that was posted earlier in the thread - it's not too hard to do. By rule, it's a major penalty - no ifs, ands, or buts no matter how skewed and idiotic your perspective may happen to be. Hit was late, delivered to a vulnerable player who had gotten rid of the puck, and he followed through to the head/neck area. An official handing out a minor or double minor for that is not following the rules as stipulated by the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            That is headhunting and he should get a game for that...
                            Absolutely.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I'm sorry Zucker got hurt.
                              I don't think the hit should Rau cost a game.
                              I regularly see worse hits than this that are not even penalized.
                              <Another Preachy and Annoying Signature>

Comment

What is wrong with these gopher idiots that think this should have only been a double minor? It was obviously late and cheap! I am all for finishing a check but don't come from 10 feet off the puck when it isn't there.

$hit like this is going to continue to happen unless they make the penalty severe enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X