Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No no no no no no. If I'm a post whore, brent is so far beyond that. That's like, Kim Kardashian-esque.
    I can admit I'm a post-whore. You, however, cannot admit when you're wrong. Please, step down from the Ivory Tower. The view is better from down here, anyway.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I can admit I'm a post-whore. You, however, cannot admit when you're wrong. Please, step down from the Ivory Tower. The view is better from down here, anyway.
      I may be on an ivory tower but I'm still right.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        It was charging sure. Late, yeah but as a ref I see stuff like that all the time in highschool games (finish your checks boys!!!!!). Hit him high? I guess if hitting a guy in the chest is high. And if it wasn't for the injury it'd be a 2 minute minor at most.
        Yeah, he didn't hit him in the chest. You can see Rau raising his arms up when laying the hit. The youtube vid still doesn't do any justice. In the Gopher Post-Game when Woog was commenting on it(who btw, also thought it was high but maybe this will be the time Gophers say he doesn't know anything), you can see Zucker's head ricochet off the plexiglass.

It deserved a 5-minute major and game misconduct. Suspension? No, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
          who btw, also thought it was high but maybe this will be the time Gophers say he doesn't know anything
          As opposed to a Sioux fan saying for the first time ever that Doug Woog was right?
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The problem is all I have is the youtube vid and the grainy vid from FSN. And then there were two officials who didn't see it in real time and neither put their arm up. Then when Zucker was hurt they felt obligated to call something and overreacted by calling a game misconduct.

As for his arms, a lot of times a guy will get hit in the chest and the follow through finishes high. That was happening quite often in the game I reffed the other day and is just a common phenomena in general. I don't think he contacted his head even though it did go into the glass.

Comment

It deserved the 5 and game (current game) for sure. I think the result of the hit (hitting the edge) factored into any additional penalty (which is rumored, not confirmed). If another game is added, I wouldn't be angry, nor would I think it's unfair. However, I will say said judgement would be based on the result of the hit, and not the hit itself. The hit itself would be a coin toss. The result? Obvious game. I hope that people would understand that difference.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

As opposed to a Sioux fan saying for the first time ever that Doug Woog was right?
                First time? I've always liked Woog even though he can be unintelligible/incoherent sometimes. Got respect for him since he says it how it is. Now the Rug on the other hand...

Comment

So two important facts are missing from this thread. I was there and the hit happened right in front of me. In my opinion the hit should of resulted in a DQ. One, it was pay back and straight to the head. Zucker (as he is apt to do) ran his mouth to the Gopher bench after he scored (about 2-4 minutes before the hit). This was a stupid thing to do. I'm not justifying Rau's action in any shape or form. Simply pointing out that there was a connection. The hit was not random. Interesting that a team mate from Team USA would do this. Secondly, neither one of the refs saw the hit. Bokal raised his arm late. If he didn't see it, how can you expect him to get the call right? They can review and add the DQ after the game. You always here talk about how they are cracking down on shots to the head. If this hit isn't a DQ then that is a complete line of BS.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    It was charging sure. Late, yeah but as a ref I see stuff like that all the time in highschool games (finish your checks boys!!!!!). Hit him high? I guess if hitting a guy in the chest is high.
                    The video isn't exactly clear on where Rau's hands are, but given the movement of Zucker's head, my best guess is Rau got them up under his chin. Not exactly elbow to the side of the head bad, but still bad.

So again: lined up from a distance (charging), high hit, late hit, and the guy got hurt. Should the WCHA choose to add a suspension to the penalty on Rau, I will have no problem with it whatsoever. This kind of crap simply cannot be tolerated.

Comment

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                      So two important facts are missing from this thread. I was there and the hit happened right in front of me. In my opinion the hit should of resulted in a DQ. One, it was pay back and straight to the head. Zucker (as he is apt to do) ran his mouth to the Gopher bench after he scored (about 2-4 minutes before the hit). This was a stupid thing to do. I'm not justifying Rau's action in any shape or form. Simply pointing out that there was a connection. The hit was not random. Interesting that a team mate from Team USA would do this. Secondly, neither one of the refs saw the hit. Bokal raised his arm late. If he didn't see it, how can you expect him to get the call right? They can review and add the DQ after the game. You always here talk about how they are cracking down on shots to the head. If this hit isn't a DQ then that is a complete line of BS.
                      You can say he hit his head all you want but the video shows something completely different. THe first video clip, the one where they circle the play in red, clearly shows Rau hitting him below the head. Not the face.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                        The video isn't exactly clear on where Rau's hands are, but given the movement of Zucker's head, my best guess is Rau got them up under his chin. Not exactly elbow to the side of the head bad, but still bad.

So again: lined up from a distance (charging), high hit, late hit, and the guy got hurt. Should the WCHA choose to add a suspension to the penalty on Rau, I will have no problem with it whatsoever. This kind of crap simply cannot be tolerated.
                        So because he got hurt, it should be a DQ? WHat about the hit on Leddy a few years back. Got knocked out for a long time. I said it now and I'll say it again: The guy didn't deserve a suspension and probably didn't deserve a penalty.

Any hit that results in an injury deserves a DQ for you huh?
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                          It was a DQ, and personally, a game. I'd hope for not a game, but meh. Dangerous hit, obvious cheap shot. Rau is NOT that type of guy, but he lost it on this one. Period.

Comment

Even to my "unbiased" eyes it seems clear the Gophers put a target on JZ's back. They were head hunting him quite a bit and were successful. He needed stiches after one hit and was knocked out of the game (and perhaps longer) after the second. All in a period and a half. It's the merest coincidence the second hit came shortly after JZ scored. Some of this is just part of hockey. But IMO it crossed the line tonight.

Last year when Jesse Martin was very nearly killed, we got lectures from Sioux fans about how "he had his head down." That seemed to me to miss the gravity of the situation a bit. Then tonight pious Gopher fans lined up to criticize me for suggesting someone should insert a stick in Rau's rump and break it off. Why, lordy, you can't suggest physical violence against a player, even one who deliberately hurt one of the better players in the league. That wouldn't be cricket. Bosh. As if those same pious people wouldn't have approximately the same response if the situation were reversed. My hypocrisyometer went off big time.

Now the truth of the matter is I don't want anything to happen to Rau (although losing a handful of his teeth wouldn't bother me much) I was just blowing off steam. As to what, if any, punishment will be coming his way, anything or nothing is fine by me. Of far more importance is JZ's health and quick return to the lineup. DU's had more than it's share of injuries this year and just can't stand to lose more players. Especially first rate players like JZ.
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 02-11-2012, 01:24 AM.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              Even to my "unbiased" eyes it seems clear the Gophers put a target on JZ's back. They were head hunting him quite a bit and were successful. He needed stiches after one hit and was knocked out of the game (and perhaps longer) after the second. It's the merest coincidence the second hit came shortly after JZ scored.
                              Some of this is just part of hockey. But IMO it crossed the line tonight.

Last year when Jesse Martin was very nearly killed, we got lectures from Sioux fans about how "he had his head down." That seemed to me to miss the gravity of the situation a bit. Then tonight pious Gopher fans lined up to criticize me for suggesting someone should insert a stick in Rau's rump and break it off. Why, lordy, you can't suggest physical violence against a player, even one who deliberately hurt one of the better players in the league. That wouldn't be cricket. Bosh. As if those same pious people wouldn't have approximately the same response if the situation were reversed. My hypocrisyometer went off big time.

Now the truth of the matter is I don't want anything to happen to Rau (although losing a handfull of his teeth wouldn't bother me much) I was just blowing off steam. As almost anyone would under similar circumstances.
                              As to what, if any, punishment will be coming his way, anything is fine by me. Of far more importance is JZ's health and quick return to the lineup. DU's had more than it's share of injuries this year and just can't stand to lose more players. Especially first rate players like JZ.
                              If you think the high stick by Bjugstad was intentional, I've got a bridge to sell you.
                              Code:

Comment

You can say he hit his head all you want but the video shows something completely different. THe first video clip, the one where they circle the play in red, clearly shows Rau hitting him below the head. Not the face.
                                The chin is part of the head, and Rau definitely brought his hands up.

And yes, if a player commits a dangerous hit against another player as Rau did, a suspension should definitely be in play as a means of punishment. If you believe an injury or lack thereof shouldn't enter into it, you're being naive with regard to how the league handles these things.

Comment

Working...
                                X