Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Jimbo was deeply involved in DU hockey, on many levels, for decades. Probably our most important, most respected, best known fan. But "fan" really doesn't do justice to his many contributions to the Pioneers.

As an example, on one of my last visits to the old DU arena, Jimbo came up to me in the press box, introduced himself and we began reminiscing about our mutual friends. Later, when I began posting here, he put two and two together who "Old Pio" was and sent me a warm e-mail welcoming me into the DU posting community.
    Pretty cool. I'm sure he has seen a lot of great hockey in his lifetime
    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-16-2012, 08:13 AM.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      You're pretty good at name calling. But not quite as good at making yourself understood. I'd recommend investing in copy of Strunk and White.
      Meh, I can't help it if you can't figure out whether people are serious or joking. I'll chalk it up to your inability to calm your anger down when being called out for being a ******* over a hockey game. No skin off my back.
      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
        Meh, I can't help it if you can't figure out whether people are serious or joking. I'll chalk it up to your inability to calm your anger down when being called out for being a ******* over a hockey game. No skin off my back.
        Anger? That's not anger. It's the truth. AND YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. And it's no skin off my back if you want to continue defending that punk, Rau. You know, a lot of Gopher die hards have mentioned the Paukovich hit on Bina, implying that that somehow justifies Rau. I had forgotten this, but Gwoz suspended Paukovich for a game to show his player and his team that that stuff won't be tolerated. What has Lucia done?
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Anger? That's not anger. It's the truth. AND YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. And it's no skin off my back if you want to continue defending that punk, Rau. You know, a lot of Gopher die hards have mentioned the Paukovich hit on Bina, implying that that somehow justifies Rau. I had forgotten this, but Gwoz suspended Paukovich for a game to show his player and his team that that stuff won't be tolerated. What has Lucia done?
          Um, you might want to go back and try to find one single post where I said anything that Rau did was OK or remotely defended him for anything he's done. In fact, I was the one that pointed out from the rule book why it was such a flagrant disregard for the rule book that he should have been, at the very least kicked out of the game, and had no problem with him being suspended. I'm not going to speak for Lucia. He accepted the penalty and didn't once argue why it was a bad decision. Besides, I have no need to defend anything the Gophers do. I'm not a Gophers fan in the first place.

I can handle the truth in all of this. You're trying to act as though you have something thought provoking and witty that you're adding to this and the truth is that you're doing nothing of the sort. Your proving that you're a simple-minded person that can't control his anger when you start implying that people are arguing something that they aren't, calling people "*******s" when they don't agree with you, not being able to understand a simple joke when it had nothing to do with you directly, and then "joke" about someone needing to get their neck snapped. You're right, that's not anger though. Those are the type of thoughts that rational, level-headed, and even-tempered person would verbalize and write. Carry on....

Comment

Um, you might want to go back and try to find one single post where I said anything that Rau did was OK or remotely defended him for anything he's done. In fact, I was the one that pointed out from the rule book why it was such a flagrant disregard for the rule book that he should have been, at the very least kicked out of the game, and had no problem with him being suspended. I'm not going to speak for Lucia. He accepted the penalty and didn't once argue why it was a bad decision. Besides, I have no need to defend anything the Gophers do. I'm not a Gophers fan in the first place.

I can handle the truth in all of this. You're trying to act as though you have something thought provoking and witty that you're adding to this and the truth is that you're doing nothing of the sort. Your proving that you're a simple-minded person that can't control his anger when you start implying that people are arguing something that they aren't, calling people "*******s" when they don't agree with you, not being able to understand a simple joke when it had nothing to do with you directly, and then "joke" about someone needing to get their neck snapped. You're right, that's not anger though. Those are the type of thoughts that rational, level-headed, and even-tempered person would verbalize and write. Carry on....
            Feel better now? You're right, your joke was simple. And I withdrew the "neck snapped" reference because it was over the line. Let me see if I grasp the "Bale Rule": You can call me names, but I can't call anyone else names. You really should stop obsessing.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 02-16-2012, 09:14 AM.

Comment

There have been worse hits in the league this year than what Rau did on Zucker that didn't even merit a suspension by the league. I think it is a tad much to expect the Gophers to add on to it. Lucia did say on his radio show that the suspension was probably a merited (I don't agree). Comparing Rau's situation with a play where a guy had his neck broken and threatened his long term career is not exactly apples to apples. Especially when Zucker is already back to practice. What Paukovich did certainly doesn't justify anything Rau did. But it does go to show that these types of situations can happen anywhere so people have to be careful about being too critical of others.

Did UND suspend Danny Kristo for his nasty check from behind on Ben Marshall? Did UW suspend Ramage for his major penalty for a vicious check and contact to the head major on Nick Oliver (who will be out of the lineup for a little while because of it)? There are other examples this year. But I don't see the need for any of them to receive more than one game in any of those cases.

Certainly it was a bad decision by Rau but anybody that has watched him for any length of time would tell you he isn't a guy that has a dirty player mentality. He had 5 minor penalties coming into the DU series and that's it. That's hardly the calling card of a guy that plays dirty.
              Last edited by Hammy; 02-16-2012, 09:21 AM.
              University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                There have been worse hits in the league this year than what Rau did on Zucker that didn't even merit a suspension by the league. I think it is a tad much to expect the Gophers to add on to it. Comparing Rau's situation with a play where a guy had his neck broken and threatened his long term career is not exactly apples to apples. Especially when Zucker is already back to practice. What Paukovich did certainly doesn't justify anything Rau did. But it does go to show that these types of situations can happen anywhere so people have to be careful about being too critical of others.

Did UND suspend Danny Kristo for his nasty check from behind on Ben Marshall? Did UW suspend Ramage for his major penalty for a vicious check and contact to the head major on Nick Oliver (who will be out of the lineup for a little while because of it)? There are other examples this year. But I don't see the need for any of them to receive more than one game in any of those cases.

Certainly it was a bad decision by Rau but anybody that has watched him for any length of time would tell you he isn't a guy that has a dirty player mentality. He had 5 minor penalties coming into the DU series and that's it. That's hardly the calling card of a guy that plays dirty.
                These are all subjective matters. And maybe justice wasn't served in those cases. But they are irrelevant to what Rau did Friday night. IMO it was an intent to injure and he was properly punished. But then, both sides have made the same points over and over again. And if Rau is a pillar of rectitude, that makes it even harder to understand that deliberate cheap shot. I wasn't suggesting tDon suspend Rau, but would it be asking too much for him to criticize the hit, not only for hurting his team but for deliberately trying to hurt another player?
                Last edited by Old Pio; 02-16-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Feel better now? You're right, your joke was simple. And I withdrew the "neck snapped" reference because it was over the line. Let me see if I grasp the "Bale Rule": You can call me names, but I can't call anyone else names. You really should stop obsessing.
                  Wow, again with the implying of things I didn't say. I never said anything about you calling people names. You can call people whatever you want. I've never mentioned anything about you not being able to do it. Just understand that the verbal abuses that you spew make you look, as I said, and irrational angry person. I'm not obsessing, I'm just responding to a completely un-provoked attack on me in from you. I can and will defend myself and the comments I've made.

Now, if you want to imply that I said anything else that I didn't I'll be happy to add it to the list. As it stands right now:

1. I'm a Gopher fan.
                  2. I made excuses for Rau.
                  3. I tell you what you can and can't say.
                  4. I obsess over you.

Anything else you would like to make up?

Comment

Wow, again with the implying of things I didn't say. I never said anything about you calling people names. You can call people whatever you want. I've never mentioned anything about you not being able to do it. Just understand that the verbal abuses that you spew make you look, as I said, and irrational angry person. I'm not obsessing, I'm just responding to a completely un-provoked attack on me in from you. I can and will defend myself and the comments I've made.

Now, if you want to imply that I said anything else that I didn't I'll be happy to add it to the list. As it stands right now:

1. I'm a Gopher fan.
                    2. I made excuses for Rau.
                    3. I tell you what you can and can't say.
                    4. I obsess over you.

Anything else you would like to make up?

Run #4 by me again. It seems a little inconsistent with your seemingly endless posts pointing out my many shortcomings. I never meant to suggest you were a Gopher fan. I doubt they'd want you.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 02-16-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Anger? That's not anger. It's the truth. AND YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. And it's no skin off my back if you want to continue defending that punk, Rau. You know, a lot of Gopher die hards have mentioned the PUNK Paukovich hit on Bina, implying that that somehow justifies Rau. I had forgotten this, but Gwoz suspended Paukovich for a game to show his player and his team that that stuff won't be tolerated. What has Lucia done?
                      Oooh, a whole game for breaking a kid's neck! Gwoz is one tough disciplinarian!

Comment

...make you look, as I said, and irrational angry person.

He appears to be both, but then again, what far-righty isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          Oooh, a whole game for breaking a kid's neck! Gwoz is one tough disciplinarian!
                          Any other coaches hand out any kind of penalty for similar events? Like when Jesse Martin was nearly killed?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            He appears to be both, but then again, what far-righty isn't?
                            To *******s, anyone to the right of Maxine Waters is "far right." You guys just can't handle ANY criticism or disagreement, can you?
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 02-16-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Run #4 by me again. It seems a little inconsistent with your seemingly endless posts pointing out my many shortcomings.
                              I've posted 4 times (including this one). Good job ignoring my point not addressing the substance. Classic tactic of internet message boards.

I'm good now. I don't need an internet ****ing match that you've done a good job of drawing me into. Well done. You win. Make sure you continue to imply things about this that I haven't said or done.

Comment

I've posted 4 times (including this one). Good job ignoring my point not addressing the substance. Classic tactic of internet message boards.

I'm good now. I don't need an internet ****ing match that you've done a good job of drawing me into. Well done. You win. Make sure you continue to imply things about this that I haven't said or done.
                                Let's see, I've "drawn you into" an internet ****ing match. And you call me paranoid?

I may have misjudged you, as you have surely misjudged me. Let's stop this and move on to higher ground. What do you say?
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 02-16-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X