Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    hey guys, I'm new here...any chance of an NCAA video game?
    Sure, just as soon as there is a Big Ten Hockey Conference . . . oh, wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      What rules?
      We're still waiting for the rules that say it wasn't.
      He wasn't finishing a check, he hadn't even initiated one when Zucker let the puck go, so that "point" is moot.
      Hadn't initiated a check? He took about six strides towards Zucker before he released the puck. I think he clearly initiated. Take a link at the link I posted with discussion on finishing a check. It seems as though you are unclear as to what constitutes initiating a check.

And as for the "rules". It doesn't give any guidelines on finishing a check. So, it doesn't prove or disprove what I'm saying. However, the absence of a "late hit" penalty certainly seems to disprove what you're saying.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        Hadn't initiated a check? He took about six strides towards Zucker before he released the puck. I think he clearly initiated. Take a link at the link I posted with discussion on finishing a check. It seems as though you are unclear as to what constitutes initiating a check.

And as for the "rules". It doesn't give any guidelines on finishing a check. So, it doesn't prove or disprove what I'm saying. However, the absence of a "late hit" penalty certainly seems to disprove what you're saying.
        I don't consider skating toward someone to be "initiating a check"
        I also think interferrence would qualify as being a "late hit" penalty.
        Boarding was the better call here but it doesn't mean interferrence could not also have been the call.

And your link is for the NHL, this isn't the NHL.
        Different leagues have different rules.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

One other note. It was NOT a late hit. You are allowed to finish your check, and that includes up to what I believe in the NCAA is up to a few seconds after the puck is gone. Watch the replay, Rau hits him only a few seconds after Zucker gets rid of the puck. I checked with the head of officiating for MNHS hockey and he said they wouldn't have considered it late in their games either.

Problem is, as I have mentioned before, it was CLEARLY a charge and a hit to the head. In addition to contact to the head and checks from behind, I think all charges should warrant major penalties as well, if not game ejections in addition. At least ones as agregious as Rau's.
          So, here is your initial "late hit" comment. You made no argument here that there is no such thing as a late hit penalty. You simply said it was not a late hit.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            So, here is your initial "late hit" comment. You made no argument here that there is no such thing as a late hit penalty. You simply said it was not a late hit.
            I thought the fact that there is no "late hit penalty" was self-explanatory. I guess with some people it wasn't. My bad.
            Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-14-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I don't consider skating toward someone to be "initiating a check"
              I also think interferrence would qualify as being a "late hit" penalty.
              Boarding was the better call here but it doesn't mean interferrence could not also have been the call.

And your link is for the NHL, this isn't the NHL.
              Different leagues have different rules.
              Considering neither rule book explicitly defines what does and does not constitute "initiating" or "finishing" a check, but there are long-standing general rules for both (and an abundance of discussions to support that), I think the example I provided is more than applicable.

And please, tell me this. Even if interference would have been called, can you think of a single example of someone who was either ejected or suspended because of interference?

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                Considering neither rule book explicitly defines what does and does not constitute "initiating" or "finishing" a check, but there are long-standing general rules for both (and an abundance of discussions to support that), I think the example I provided is more than applicable.

And please, tell me this. Even if interference would have been called, can you think of a single example of someone who was either ejected or suspended because of interference?
                I thought it was because of a hit to the head.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                  I thought it was because of a hit to the head.
                  It was. And the fact that Rau took about eight strides before he hit Zucker was probably a factor as well.

Comment

I thought the fact that there is no "late hit penalty" was self-explanatory. I guess with some people it wasn't. My bad.
                    So you thought the fact that there isn't a penalty titled "late hit", means that there is no such thing as a late hit, even though the rules that Bale posted use the exact phrase in "late hit"?

Final question:

Despite the fact that there is no penalty for "late hit", do you believe that some hits that would otherwise be legal are whistled for penalties due to the timing of said hits? If yes, does the Rau hit fall under this category?
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      hey guys, I'm new here...any chance of an NCAA video game?
                      Only if Zucker has a 0 for injury rating That guy clearly can't take a check!
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Suspended for interference I haven't seen but I have seen 5 and a game misc. called for interference in a college game before.
                        He was suspended for the hit to head, but the point you are missing is that the hit was still late, regardless of whether he was called for it or not, it was late.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          So you thought the fact that there isn't a penalty titled "late hit", means that there is no such thing as a late hit, even though the rules that Bale posted use the exact phrase in "late hit"?

Final question:

Despite the fact that there is no penalty for "late hit", do you believe that some hits that would otherwise be legal are whistled for penalties due to the timing of said hits? If yes, does the Rau hit fall under this category?
                          The paragraph that Bale posted were guidelines to consider when calling a major penalty for hits to the head. It explains exactly that in the rule book.

I have never disputed the fact that Rau's hit was to Zucker's head. I have never disputed the fact that Zucker was in a vulnerable position.

I did say that, if Rau hadn't blatantly charged Zucker, and if he had kept his arms down and avoided contact with his head, there wouldn't have been a penalty called.

Comment

Suspended for interference I haven't seen but I have seen 5 and a game misc. called for interference in a college game before.
                            He was suspended for the hit to head, but the point you are missing is that the hit was still late, regardless of whether he was called for it or not, it was late.
                            I see what you are saying, and respect your opinion. I don't think the timing of the hit was a factor, but in the end it really didn't matter. There was enough else wrong with the hit to make it reckless.

Comment

So does Rau have to sit any time that Zucker can't play? Does that mean that he is out of the WCHA tournament when Denver loses? What about the NCAAs? What about when Zucker goes pro? Does Rau have to go pro at the same time? I'm very confused how this rule works.

I assume that someone pointed out that Rau made a dumb play, was penalized and suspended both of which he served. Time to move on people. Rau is not a thug.
                              Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                              Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                                So does Rau have to sit any time that Zucker can't play? Does that mean that he is out of the WCHA tournament when Denver loses? What about the NCAAs? What about when Zucker goes pro? Does Rau have to go pro at the same time? I'm very confused how this rule works.

I assume that someone pointed out that Rau made a dumb play, was penalized and suspended both of which he served. Time to move on people. Rau is not a thug.
                                lolwut?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X