Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Please elaborate.
    TOO MUCH Trash talk.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      If you believe that then I hope you believe that he was unjustly singled out for the punishment. I'm not aware of any other instance this year where a hit to the head has garnered a suspension and there have been plenty of hits to the head.
      Of course he was but oh well, I expect nothing less from the WCHA.
      I thought Ramage should have gotten a game for hitting Oliver, especially if we are suspending due to injury as Oliver missed the next game and will miss this weekend against UAA.
      The WCHA has morons at the top, no one argues this.
      Their refs don't get disciplined for screwing up or fired for a poor job, it's the same garbage year after year.
      And it's right now one of the few reasons I'm glad SCSU is going to the NCHC as maybe we have a chance at some decent officials.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        We all stopped reading after this sentence. You can try to argue intent or whether he contacted the head, but if this hit is not late then there's no such thing as a late hit ever. You can't finish a check that you decided to make 5 seconds ago.

I feel bad for state_of_hockey... Somewhere someone is mistaking your posts for his
        I don't. He's a Gopher fan and therefore needs to be hit by a truck.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          According to the rules, it wasn't. If you don't like it, I suggest you petition to have the rule changed. But you are allowed to finish your check up to a few seconds after the puck is gone. Watch the replay and tell me the hit occurs beyond a few seconds after the puck is gone and I will agree with you.
          It fails the eye test when you watch it. If he was in pursuit of a moving player and then "finishes" the check, yes, it wouldn't be late. The fact that it is charging on a defenseless target changes the timeline quite a bit.

You can't watch that and think it's a good hockey play.

Comment

There have been a lot of questions asked about the supplemental discipline process following this suspension. It is what it is and I won't argue too much because it was a dangerous hit, but to single out Rau and act like his hit was more malicious or dirty than a dozen or so other dangerous hits this year (as many in this thread have tried to do) is absolutely ridiculous.
            I haven't seen anyone do that.

A few Gopher homers have defended the play as being just fine. They've been shouted down.

That's what has happened here. Not what you claim there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              I haven't seen anyone do that.

A few Gopher homers have defended the play as being just fine. They've been shouted down.

That's what has happened here. Not what you claim there.
              I'm referring to the verbal assaults on Rau (maybe those were in another thread). It certainly was a dangerous hit. Hopefully he learns from this and doesn't do it again.
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                It fails the eye test when you watch it. If he was in pursuit of a moving player and then "finishes" the check, yes, it wouldn't be late. The fact that it is charging on a defenseless target changes the timeline quite a bit.

You can't watch that and think it's a good hockey play.
                Here's what I think (and like I said, I ran it by some people used to reviewing calls for their input). If Rau hadn't come from so far to make the hit (charging) and kept his hands down (contact to the head) it would have been a clean check. It wasn't from behind, and it really wasn't late (according to the rules). Problem is, it was a blatant charge (and then some) and clearly contact to the head. No place in the game for either.

Comment

Here's what I think (and like I said, I ran it by some people used to reviewing calls for their input). If Rau hadn't come from so far to make the hit (charging) and kept his hands down (contact to the head) it would have been a clean check. It wasn't from behind, and it really wasn't late (according to the rules). Problem is, it was a blatant charge (and then some) and clearly contact to the head. No place in the game for either.
                  So you're saying if Rau hadn't done all of those illegal things it would have been a legal check? Brilliant analysis!
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    So you're saying if Rau hadn't done all of those illegal things it would have been a legal check? Brilliant analysis!
                    I think the topic of discussion was whether or not it was a late hit. Not whether it was or wasn't a dangerous hit. Brilliant reading comprehension!

Comment

I think the topic of discussion was whether or not it was a late hit. Not whether it was or wasn't a dangerous hit. Brilliant reading comprehension!
                      Thanks! I've been taking evening classes on reading comprehension and it's nice to see it's paying off.
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        TOO MUCH Trash talk.
                        The problem isn't the trash talk. It is that the players are trying to stop the trash talk by barrelling into each other wearing padding and helmets and traveling at 25-30 mph while carrying weapons. If you can't handle some trash talk, you should probably not be playing hockey and instead be getting psychotherapy.

If anything, the WCHA isn't suspending enough for hits, because I guarantee if all of the hits from last weekend that deserved a 1-game suspension actually got them, you would start seeing less and less of these hits. I am sure there are many people who are bigger hockey fans than I, and have been watching the game for longer than I have. But despite the fact that hitting is a part of hockey, it should probably be a lot smaller part of the game. Because back in the early days of the game, it was more about the game itself and less about flying around the ice at high speeds and smashing into people.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          The problem isn't the trash talk. It is that the players are trying to stop the trash talk by barrelling into each other wearing padding and helmets and traveling at 25-30 mph while carrying weapons. If you can't handle some trash talk, you should probably not be playing hockey and instead be getting psychotherapy.

If anything, the WCHA isn't suspending enough for hits, because I guarantee if all of the hits from last weekend that deserved a 1-game suspension actually got them, you would start seeing less and less of these hits. I am sure there are many people who are bigger hockey fans than I, and have been watching the game for longer than I have. But despite the fact that hitting is a part of hockey, it should probably be a lot smaller part of the game. Because back in the early days of the game, it was more about the game itself and less about flying around the ice at high speeds and smashing into people.
                          No disagreement with any of this. I don't think Gopher fans are as upset about Rau getting suspended as they are about the very inconsistent handling of the supplementary discipline process. It should be based on the nature of the hit/play, not the outcome/result (injuries) of the hit/play.

Three reasons (and I'm not saying either are applicable to this situation):

1. If the result of the hit is the primary factor in handing out suspensions for dangerous hits, what is to prevent the victimized team from declaring the player hit as injured until the suspension is handed out, then clearing him to play? And what does it say about the process if you then reverse a suspension just because the player is no longer hurt?

2. Some injuries (such as concussions) aren't as evident (at least the severity) right away.

3. Do you suspend a player for a clean check just because the guy he hit gets injured?
                          Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-14-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

One other note. It was NOT a late hit. You are allowed to finish your check, and that includes up to what I believe in the NCAA is up to a few seconds after the puck is gone. Watch the replay, Rau hits him only a few seconds after Zucker gets rid of the puck. I checked with the head of officiating for MNHS hockey and he said they wouldn't have considered it late in their games either.

Problem is, as I have mentioned before, it was CLEARLY a charge and a hit to the head. In addition to contact to the head and checks from behind, I think all charges should warrant major penalties as well, if not game ejections in addition. At least ones as agregious as Rau's.

There have been numerous moronic comments made on this thread. And, yes, I've contributed my share. But this is the all time, certified, we don't have to wait for the judges, dumbest comment I've seen. To assert that Rau's hit wasn't late, despite the evidence of our eyes, is simply unbelievable. And if, in the unlikely event the head of officiating for MNHS actually agrees, you guys need to get a new head official, stat.

You said it yourself: "Rau hits him only a few seconds after Zucker gets rid of the puck." That's right, he did. It was a chicken bleep move and he was punished for it. As he should have been.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              There have been numerous moronic comments made on this thread. And, yes, I've contributed my share. But this is the all time, certified, we don't have to wait for the judges, dumbest comment I've seen. To assert that Rau's hit wasn't late, despite the evidence of our eyes, is simply unbelievable. And if, in the unlikely event the head of officiating for MNHS actually agrees, you guys need to get a new head official, stat.

You said it yourself: "Rau hits him only a few seconds after Zucker gets rid of the puck." That's right, he did. It was a chicken bleep move and he was punished for it. As he should have been.
                              According to the rules, as they are written, it was not a late hit (interference). You are allowed to finish your check up toa few seconds after the puck is gone. Watch the replay and tell me that Rau hit Zucker beyond 2 seconds. He didn't.

BTW - The name calling and sarcasm don't strengthen your point.

Comment

According to the rules, as they are written, it was not a late hit (interference). You are allowed to finish your check up toa few seconds after the puck is gone. Watch the replay and tell me that Rau hit Zucker beyond 2 seconds. He didn't.

BTW - The name calling and sarcasm don't strengthen your point.
                                And the "I'm waiting for the Dewey votes" attitude of Gopher die hards doesn't strengthen their points, either. I'm reasonably confident if Zucker had cheap shotted Rau, you, especially, and the rest of the chorale, wouldn't be making legalistic arguments about how many seconds late JZ was. You're NOT allowed to do what he did. And the vast majority of Gopher posters have come to agree. You're on your own here. You and that idiot high school official.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X