Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Gopher players are allowed to do it but all other teams players are not.
    So? What is your point?
    We all agree that the hit was wrong.... can we all move on with our lives already?
    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
    Go you Green and White
    Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight with all your might!
    Rah! Rah! Rah!
    We are here to cheer you
    We are out to win your fame,
    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
      So? What is your point?
      We all agree that the hit was wrong.... can we all move on with our lives already?
      no, not everyone agrees the hit is wrong. There are several gopher fans that think the hit was not only legal, but perfectly acceptable, that is why this thread lives on.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        no, not everyone agrees the hit is wrong. There are several gopher fans that think the hit was not only legal, but perfectly acceptable, that is why this thread lives on.
        Well all I have to say is .... Die you **** thread DIE DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!
        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
        Go you Green and White
        Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight with all your might!
        Rah! Rah! Rah!
        We are here to cheer you
        We are out to win your fame,
        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

The only thing I am going to say about this incident is that sooner or later someone is going to die on the ice during a college hockey game. It may happen on a "dirty" hit or more than likely it will be a "clean" play.

Either way, the insurance companies won't put up with it.

The game is too fast, too violent and implementing rules & points of emphasis can't and won't prevent these neck injuries and concussions. The Rau Hit sums up the problem. A small guy at 3/4 speed can more damage than 20 mph car crash without a seat belt or airbag.

What I would propose is no hitting within 5 feet of the boards, the entire way around the rink. It won't ever happen, without a catastrophe, but its a thought.
          Last edited by dggoddard; 02-13-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            I understand what you are saying, but maybe there is a middle ground somewhere?
            what I still do not understand is why players would ever, at any level, be allowed to use their hands when checking. A check is with the torso, shoulders or hips.
            Rau followed through with his hands up high.
            I have refereed for 20 years and I call hands to the head EVERY TIME. teams do not like it, because coaches teach their players to follow through with hands to the head,and most referees in Massachusetts do not call it... like it is part of the game. This Rau hit is a direct result of him being allowed to (and coached to) hit high.

It honestly would not take long to get these hits out of the game, but all refs would have to call hands to the head/face consistently.

and anyone who thought that his was legal is a complete idiot, and really ought to be subjected to a blind side, 2 handed hit to the head, into some glass like Zucker was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Gopher players are allowed to do it but all other teams players are not.
              Ben Blood is allowed to do it as well.
              as was Hextall.

Comment

This thread is really stupid. Rau made a hard hit, it was not from behind and it was not to the head. Unfortunately this type of thing is happening way too often in the wCHA. Ramage from Wisconsin made an extremely violent hit on a ND player last weekend, and later in the game a ND player was hit from behind. Ben Blood form ND put a very violent hit on Rau in the last game between the gophers and ND.

The officiating in the WCHA is really bad and I must blame that on Greg Shepard head of officials for the league. When he was officiating he went through an entire playoff game without calling a single penalty. I felt he was lucky to get off the ice aalive, the fans wanted to kill him,

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  I think he's referring more about Rau running his mouth and being chippy. Garrett Roe wasn't a dirty player, but he sure made a number of enemies in the WCHA and college hockey. A lot of fans like that type of player, but remember that that means that player is already walking (skating) a thin line, and hits like this Friday's may push people's opinions of them over the edge.

Now to be fair, I am NOT saying this is truth, just reporting what I heard, but word on the street is that Blood went after Rau because at the end of the game, Rau made some comment about Blood's mentally handicapped sister. Again, I do not know if there is ANY truth to that, I don't even know if Blood has a sister, let alone if she's mentally handicapped, I just know that that's what some circles are saying.

A Gopher fan calling out another team's players for being pansies. IALTO
                  Ben Blood went after Kyle Rau for one reason and one reason only. Because Rau is 5 foot 8 and 170 pounds. Same reason he checked Jack Connoly from behind. Blood only goes after the little guys and always backs down from anyone over 6 ft. Talk about a pansie.

Comment

I can't recall how long after Zucker scored his goal that this cheap-shot occurred..but I do recall having a feeling that a gopher would retaliate because of Zucker's post-goal smack talk. I haven't read this entire thread because I simply don't have time, so maybe this was already discussed. Zucker scored a goal and after skating past his bench and touching gloves with his teammates, he then skated past the MN bench and was chirping at the gopher players. Yeah, this happens quite often, but something told me that Zucker was gonna get hit and I was right. I just didn't think it would be Rau....

We all see these types of "dirty" hits and every team is guilty. I know the Sioux have been guilty as well. Anyone who witnessed Rau's hit can't deny that there was INTENT to injure. Whether it be checking from behind, charging, elbowing, a hit to the head...Rau knew he was going to hurt Zucker somehow with the speed and aggression he dished-out. No place for that type of hit in college hockey, and I hope the NCAA will make an effort to penalize a player (after reviewing an incident) to minimize these types of dirty hits.

My 2c.
                    Wet-Dreams of College Hockey on the West Coast!

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastSioux View Post
                      I can't recall how long after Zucker scored his goal that this cheap-shot occurred..but I do recall having a feeling that a gopher would retaliate because of Zucker's post-goal smack talk. I haven't read this entire thread because I simply don't have time, so maybe this was already discussed. Zucker scored a goal and after skating past his bench and touching gloves with his teammates, he then skated past the MN bench and was chirping at the gopher players. Yeah, this happens quite often, but something told me that Zucker was gonna get hit and I was right. I just didn't think it would be Rau....

We all see these types of "dirty" hits and every team is guilty. I know the Sioux have been guilty as well. Anyone who witnessed Rau's hit can't deny that there was INTENT to injure. Whether it be checking from behind, charging, elbowing, a hit to the head...Rau knew he was going to hurt Zucker somehow with the speed and aggression he dished-out. No place for that type of hit in college hockey, and I hope the NCAA will make an effort to penalize a player (after reviewing an incident) to minimize these types of dirty hits.

My 2c.
                      So are you saying if Zucker would have kept his big mouth shut this wouldn't have happened?
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

That's exactly what I'm saying. Still...running a guy like that because he's talking ***** simply shouldn't happen. Zucker isn't the only player in the league that runs his mouth. Rau was trying to shut him up..and I guess he did, but at what cost?
                        Wet-Dreams of College Hockey on the West Coast!

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastSioux View Post
                          That's exactly what I'm saying. Still...running a guy like that because he's talking ***** simply shouldn't happen. Zucker isn't the only player in the league that runs his mouth. Rau was trying to shut him up..and I guess he did, but at what cost?
                          Somehow hockey is turning into the NBA. And that's bad for everyone. Fans, players, coaches. Everyone.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by WestCoastSioux View Post
                            You want to shut him up?
                            Score more goals, or maybe have Patterson stop the shot that Zucker scored on which was a very bad goal to give up.
                            I'd have been chirping after scoring a goal like that.
                            You don't hit someone in the mouth for talking trash.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              You want to shut him up?
                              Score more goals, or maybe have Patterson stop the shot that Zucker scored on which was a very bad goal to give up.
                              Agreed. You tackle him in the handshake line.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                You want to shut him up?
                                This is hockey, not ballet. No excuse for HOW Rau hit Zucker, but to say that you shouldn't use physical play to turn the momentum of a game is ridiculous.
                                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                                X