Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    So, how exactly does shining work for dead Deer?
    Are there rules or something? They don't have to be dead.

It's like zero outside right now. Dead is not a good thing on a night like this...

Shining + creeping up behind + a little ether...

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      how about your DU player that called one of the Huskies a N*? where was the outrage?
      the DU players trashing the hotel in Houghton? outrage?

have some Royal Crown, settle down and watch the Gophers beat you tonight.
      Maybe some night, Your Royal Insignificance, but not this night!
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
        What kind of dangerous actions has Rau committed outside of this hit that would deserve any payback by "enemies"?
        I think he's referring more about Rau running his mouth and being chippy. Garrett Roe wasn't a dirty player, but he sure made a number of enemies in the WCHA and college hockey. A lot of fans like that type of player, but remember that that means that player is already walking (skating) a thin line, and hits like this Friday's may push people's opinions of them over the edge.

Now to be fair, I am NOT saying this is truth, just reporting what I heard, but word on the street is that Blood went after Rau because at the end of the game, Rau made some comment about Blood's mentally handicapped sister. Again, I do not know if there is ANY truth to that, I don't even know if Blood has a sister, let alone if she's mentally handicapped, I just know that that's what some circles are saying.

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Yeah except our players aren't made of glass like Zucker and can take a hit.
        A Gopher fan calling out another team's players for being pansies. IALTO
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Wait, remember when Finley tried to start a fight with Wheeler in the handshake line? I remember some sioux fans saying that wheeler had made fun of finley's handicapped sibling and that's why Joe did that. Sorry, just really don't believe this story again. I think some fans like to make up some horrible backstory so that there is maybe a justification for starting a handshake line fight.

Rau hasn't been hitting like this. Does he chirp? sure. Just like Zucker was busy chirping friday night too. Chirping doens't mean you're a punk, or deserve to be kicked out of the league as some fans seem to be implying.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Okay, so now the punk's age is relevant. Maybe somebody ought to keep a list of these paramaters for criticizing him. "No one is defending?" Seriously? What the h*ll are you doing?
            get off your high horse guy. zucker is a "punk" too then right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCR3PxvuSA4

or how about his hit on dineen last week? it was your favorite play of the night?
            Last edited by jerryj; 02-12-2012, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
              get off your high horse guy. zucker is a "punk" too then right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCR3PxvuSA4

or how about his hit on dineen last week? it was your favorite play of the night?
              Game, set, match.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Wait, remember when Finley tried to start a fight with Wheeler in the handshake line? I remember some sioux fans saying that wheeler had made fun of finley's handicapped sibling and that's why Joe did that. Sorry, just really don't believe this story again. I think some fans like to make up some horrible backstory so that there is maybe a justification for starting a handshake line fight.

Rau hasn't been hitting like this. Does he chirp? sure. Just like Zucker was busy chirping friday night too. Chirping doens't mean you're a punk, or deserve to be kicked out of the league as some fans seem to be implying.
                Hadn't heard the Finley story. I never said it was credible and now I pretty much am certain its a recycled urban myth. But to be fair, the UND fans are green so recycling is understandable.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Game, set, match.
                  You obviously don't know tennis, that makes one point so its 15-love.

First, who cares if Zucker tomahawked the kid, doesn't excuse what Rau did. Second Zucker contacted his head, true, but it wasn't late, it wasn't charging and I am guessing it wasn't specifically targeting the kid, he just happened to be the guy with the puck at his feet.

Comment

And then there was the time somebody from DU cross checked Lou Nanne and left him looking as ugly as a mud duck. What about that? How does any previous incident justify or excuse your gutless little punk? "He doesn't have a reputation." "He works with the homeless" "He's an outstanding student" "He's an Eagle Scout." "He's only 18" You guys have all the mitigating circumstances printed on laminated cards. Even so, you're whistling in the wind. He did what he did. And you can't wish it away or argue it away. I should think anyone wanting to be considered an adult would just admit it. What he did was wrong. And there should be no place for it in college hockey. It's as simple as that. Notwithstanding your enthusiastic efforts to get him off the hook here, most of you know it.

It would certainly make a difference if he were a notorious head hunter, which he evidently isn't. But at the end of the day, all of that is irrelevant in judging this incident.

Oh, and getting your Gopher butts whacked, twice, probably put some of you in a bad mood and impacted your otherwise sound judgement.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 02-12-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

What Rau did was wrong, but to permanently label him a punk/thug/etc is ridiculous. If he continues to make hits like this, sure, let's revisit. He made a mistake, he paid for it, move on.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        What Rau did was wrong, but to permanently label him a punk/thug/etc is ridiculous. If he continues to make hits like this, sure, let's revisit. He made a mistake, he paid for it, move on.
                        Agreed. He is a scrappy player who made a really stupid move. Nothing more.
                        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I haven't claimed, nor do I want, the power to "permanently label" anyone, let alone this punk. As far as "moving on" is concerned, I would suggest you and the rest of the Gopher Jonestowners take your own advice.

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                            Agreed. He is a scrappy player who made a really stupid move. Nothing more.
                            It was more than stupid. It was over the line. But the Gopher dead enders just can't seem to admit it. Why, the boy helps old ladies cross the street and gives to the MDA telethon. How dare you say anything bad about him?

Comment

Well, I'm through with this. That little punk *ss Zucker should be back on the ice in no time gooning it up.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                It was more than stupid. It was over the line. But the Gopher dead enders just can't seem to admit it. Why, the boy helps old ladies cross the street and gives to the MDA telethon. How dare you say anything bad about him?
                                Except the tons of MN fans that said it was a cheap shot. You are losing your eyesight in your old age and apparently can't seem to see those posts.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X