Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Tu Quoque.
    et tu!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

So what that gutless punk did is justified? I hope all you Gopher b*stards remember your reactions here the next time someone deliberately injures one of your stars.
      I doubt Rau really wanted to injure Zucker, yes it was stupid and warranted the 5 min and a game, but intent to injure... doubtful.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
        I doubt Rau really wanted to injure Zucker, yes it was stupid and warranted the 5 min and a game, but intent to injure... doubtful.
        Of course you doubt it. And you'd give that same benefit of the doubt to someone who took a run at one of your guys, right? "Stupid," eh? But not "wrong." Just "stupid."
        Last edited by Old Pio; 02-11-2012, 07:18 PM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          Now, you are just pulling **** out of your ***.
          This is what psyhologists call an approach avoidance conflict. On the one hand, I'd hate to see any Gopher star (or any player, for that matter, injured). On the other hand, I would surely enjoy listening to the high pitched whining coming out of Gopherland if some punk took out one of your front line players.

The notion that what Geof Paukovich did to a player on another team before Zucker became a Pioneer somehow justifies or explains what that gutless punk Rau did last night is so childish, so irrelevant and, frankly, so stupid as to require only a minimum effort to swat it down.
          Last edited by Old Pio; 02-11-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Oh my, what am I going to do, the little man disagrees with my analysis that Rau is a punk. You Gohpoids are such pompous phonies. Like you wouldn't be chapped if the situation were reversed. Quit pretending to be Mother Bloor. Quit rationalizing and justifying a gutless punk who deliberately injured another player.
            I love how pioneers homers are playing this hit up to ridiculous levels. "AND THEN RAU SKATED FULL SPEED AT HIM FROM BEHIND AND SMASHED HIM WITH A TIRE IRON!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT PUNK!"

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              I love how pioneers homers are playing this hit up to ridiculous levels. "AND THEN RAU SKATED FULL SPEED AT HIM FROM BEHIND AND SMASHED HIM WITH A TIRE IRON!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT PUNK!"
              What goes around comes around.

Comment

I think those saying Rau was out to "deliberately injury DU's star" are seeing what they want rather than what happened (just as a couple Gopher fans are guilty of the other way).

It was a reckless and dangerous hit. The intent was definitely to get under Zuckers skin or in his head. He crossed the line in doing so. Making the jump to say he was out to injure Zucker is a gigantic leap. Crossing the line with the physical play and deliberately trying to injure aren't the same thing. Just ask any Sioux player :P

Look, Rau has no history of this kind of thing; not just in his college career but at any level he has played at. And I'll repeat, that's not meant to excuse the play or take Rau off the hook. The suspension is just in my eyes. It is simply to say that in Rau's career as a hockey player, this incident was an aberration and not part of a pattern.

Hopefully Rau learns from this and this incident will be a single stain on his history rather than 1 of a few. If he does, the small glimmer of a silver lining is that it didn't take another Jesse Martin, Robbie Bina or Jack Jablonski type incident. Little solace to those involved with the DU program, I know.

I also, as so many other WCHA fans have expressed in this thread, hope the WCHA begins dealing with these types of hits with consistency along the hard line taken with Rau. It would be good for the conference. Players need to know that if they step over that line and pose an unnecessary risk to another player (whether potential or realized), they WILL be held accountable by the league. Regardless of who the endangered or injured player is.

Comment

Yeah except our players aren't made of glass like Zucker and can take a hit. One that really wasn't all that malicious and happens in more hockey games than not. The hits on Crosby that gave him a concussion were probably worse and neither warranted a suspension from the league.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    Watch it in real time if you think it's late. Definitely falls into the finishing a check category. Obviously whether he should've checked him in the first place is up for debate.
                    I have watched the replay in real time and you can argue the hit wasn't late all you want, he still took too many strides and imho the 5 and game were probably warranted. I'm on the fence about him having to sit tonight but I'm not flabbergasted in the least.

As for some others, call me a homer for saying I don't think it's fair to claim Rau is a punk after one incident. If he does something like this again I'll concede.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      I think those saying Rau was out to "deliberately injury DU's star" are seeing what they want rather than what happened (just as a couple Gopher fans are guilty of the other way).

It was a reckless and dangerous hit. The intent was definitely to get under Zuckers skin or in his head. He crossed the line in doing so. Making the jump to say he was out to injure Zucker is a gigantic leap. Crossing the line with the physical play and deliberately trying to injure aren't the same thing. Just ask any Sioux player :P

Look, Rau has no history of this kind of thing; not just in his college career but at any level he has played at. And I'll repeat, that's not meant to excuse the play or take Rau off the hook. The suspension is just in my eyes. It is simply to say that in Rau's career as a hockey player, this incident was an aberration and not part of a pattern.

Hopefully Rau learns from this and this incident will be a single stain on his history rather than 1 of a few. If he does, the small glimmer of a silver lining is that it didn't take another Jesse Martin, Robbie Bina or Jack Jablonski type incident. Little solace to those involved with the DU program, I know.

I also, as so many other WCHA fans have expressed in this thread, hope the WCHA begins dealing with these types of hits with consistency along the hard line taken with Rau. It would be good for the conference. Players need to know that if they step over that line and pose an unnecessary risk to another player (whether potential or realized), they WILL be held accountable by the league. Regardless of who the endangered or injured player is.
                      If the league is consistent from this point out, I will agree with everything you said. However, considering the fact that they weren't even consistent with equally dangerous hits ON THE SAME NIGHT as Rau's, I'm not holding my breathe.

Rau getting 5+ the game? I am 1,000% on board with that. The punishment was justified, and they have been calling those types of hits somewhat CONSISTENTLY close.

Rau getting a DQ? If the league consistently punishes these types of hits with that penalty, then I have no problem with it. I think the league has consistently shown that these types of hits DO NOT warrant this penalty this year (even on hits the same night), and THAT is what I have a problem with.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

I concur. We almost lost Jesse last year. His doctor said the boy had "won the lottery twice" because he wasn't dead and he wasn't paralyzed. Speaking only for myself, I'm probably a little sensitive. But IMO that doesn't explain what seems to me to be an overly legalistic, decidedly empathy free reaction from the Gopher fans who post here.

Comment

The notion that what Geof Paukovich did to a player on another team before Zucker became a Pioneer somehow justifies or explains what that gutless punk Rau did last night is so childish, so irrelevant and, frankly, so stupid as to require only a minimum effort to swat it down.
                          it no way justifies anything on ice. it justifies the Minnesota fans. didn't hear much out of the DU fans on Paukovich's hit.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            I concur. We almost lost Jesse last year. His doctor said the boy had "won the lottery twice" because he wasn't dead and he wasn't paralyzed. Speaking only for myself, I'm probably a little sensitive. But IMO that doesn't explain what seems to me to be an overly legalistic, decidedly empathy free reaction from the Gopher fans who post here.
                            Save it. We all want to prevent injuries, but vilifying an 18 year old kid playing in the heat of the moment and calling him a "punk" is outside the lines. I've known the kid since he was a squirt and I'm "sensitive" to your callous remarks.
                            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              it no way justifies anything on ice. it justifies the Minnesota fans. didn't hear much out of the DU fans on Paukovich's hit.
                              Then you weren't paying attention, which doesn't surprise me. Please remember your attitude here when something bad happens to one of your guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I have watched the replay in real time and you can argue the hit wasn't late all you want, he still took too many strides and imho the 5 and game were probably warranted. I'm on the fence about him having to sit tonight but I'm not flabbergasted in the least.

As for some others, call me a homer for saying I don't think it's fair to claim Rau is a punk after one incident. If he does something like this again I'll concede.
                                He took too many strides but ended up gliding into him. I would agree that the hit was pointless and only served to intimidate but until we adopt USA hockey rules that isn't technically illegal. 5 minutes, sure. A game on top of that is pushing it and a suspension just goes to show that the WCHA makes decisions something like this:

Comment

Working...
                                X