Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    No argument from me with the suspension. If they (the WCHA) are using Rau as an example of what happens to players who make cheap/dangerous hits from here on out, great.
    I agree, but then they can't wuss out the next time someone makes a hit like that......
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      I agree, but then they can't wuss out the next time someone makes a hit like that......
      Exactly.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        Yeah, I won't hold my breath. If they start suspending for "hits like that" in the future fine. But the way the WCHA is run, I don't see how the Big Ten could possibly be worse. I'll miss the teams, I'm not going to miss Shepherd and McLeod. Two guys who should be fired. Out of a cannon.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Late? Yes. High? Yes. From behind? Definitely not.
          Not in the usual hockey sense of hitting somebody in the numbers, but it was a blindside hit from somebody behind the play.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryj View Post
            by the way- here are the facts, gopher fan, DU fan, or otherwise. it was from the front, not from behind. it was not late (half second after the pass)- it was finishing a check. in the .5 seconds after the pass- rau took zero strides towards zucker. no charging. he glided into the hit. he didnt launch himself into the hit. he got his hands up- it was hands to the head. thats a 5 minute penalty. he deserved getting ejected. no suspension is necessary.
            What hit did you see because it's certainly not Rau's on Zucker with that description.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Looked clean to me.
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                The hit served no purpose
                Solid point.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Yeah, I won't hold my breath. If they start suspending for "hits like that" in the future fine. But the way the WCHA is run, I don't see how the Big Ten could possibly be worse. I'll miss the teams, I'm not going to miss Shepherd and McLeod. Two guys who should be fired. Out of a cannon.
                  Hey, CCHA guys eject the wrong one on the ice, wait a week, suspend the right guy after viewing it 30 times and it not being as bad as it originally was thought, let the team appeal and then deny the appeal.

I'm hoping the Big Ten hires them for the Michigan/Michigan State games.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                    Looked clean to me.
                    Not sure what planet you're on...that was a pretty dirty hit.
                    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                      Easy 5 minute major call, IMO, the more I look at the replays. I have no idea what makes the league, refs, whatever, to decide between a misconduct or disqualification, so I will not comment on that. Stupid, STUPID hit by Rau. How someone could argue Zucker would have been ready for that hit when he is looking down the ice away from where Rau is coming from is beyond me. I like when opposing teams hate Rau because he chirps and draws penalties, not because he cheap shots opposing players.

Edit: After reading through the rest of the posts and seeing the rules for what makes a hit a misconduct, DQ, etc., I would not argue with Rau getting a one game suspension. I would have disagreed with that last night, but the more I look at the hit, the worse it looks to me, and his hands are clearly up near/on the head of Zucker.
                      I agree 100% with the hit warranting a major and ejection, but think the league went a little too far with the DQ. If this hit warrants a DQ, then there have been NUMEROUS other hits in the WCHA this year (more malicious) that should have warranted one as well. If this hit wasn't on national television, I think Rau would be skating tonight.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        No argument from me with the suspension. If they (the WCHA) are using Rau as an example of what happens to players who make cheap/dangerous hits from here on out, great.
                        Come on, do you honestly believe we'll see DQ's from here on out for hits like that? There was an equally malicious hit in Duluth last night, but that one wasn't on national TV, so it didn't warrant a DQ. Let's be real here.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                          Come on, do you honestly believe we'll see DQ's from here on out for hits like that? There was an equally malicious hit in Duluth last night, but that one wasn't on national TV, so it didn't warrant a DQ. Let's be real here.
                          It was on national tv, they showed the hit numerous times, but for the life of me I can't find the video on ANY of the Interwebs.
                          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Go you Green and White
                          Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Fight with all your might!
                          Rah! Rah! Rah!
                          We are here to cheer you
                          We are out to win your fame,
                          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            Stop the presses! jerryj is about to hold a school lesson on what WCHA league officials should be doing. Enlighten me...
                            I could care less about it being on TV or not! This crap has to stop! Too many players are being injured on stuff like this! Suspend them if warranted and this is worthy of suspension!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                              It was on national tv, they showed the hit numerous times, but for the life of me I can't find the video on ANY of the Interwebs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaIgM-Guz_8 look at like 3:03 in

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                                The video is all over Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X