Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Easy 5 minute major call, IMO, the more I look at the replays. I have no idea what makes the league, refs, whatever, to decide between a misconduct or disqualification, so I will not comment on that. Stupid, STUPID hit by Rau. How someone could argue Zucker would have been ready for that hit when he is looking down the ice away from where Rau is coming from is beyond me. I like when opposing teams hate Rau because he chirps and draws penalties, not because he cheap shots opposing players.

Edit: After reading through the rest of the posts and seeing the rules for what makes a hit a misconduct, DQ, etc., I would not argue with Rau getting a one game suspension. I would have disagreed with that last night, but the more I look at the hit, the worse it looks to me, and his hands are clearly up near/on the head of Zucker.
    Last edited by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey; 02-11-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diversity Fighter View Post
      I'm sorry Zucker got hurt.
      I don't think the hit should Rau cost a game.
      I regularly see worse hits than this that are not even penalized.
      I respect your opinion, but hits like that are not good for the game. It was a nasty late hit, and young players like that need to be suspended to learn from it. Nothing is worse than sitting out games....
      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        The idea that it should only have been a minor penalty is laughable, and the militant opposition to a potential 1 game suspension or whatever the WCHA may hand down upon reviewing the incident is also laughable.
        I don't see anyone oppoosed to the concept being any more militant than you.

In retrospect I agree he should have been kicked out of the game. By 'retrospect' I mean I felt he deserved a penalty right away, but I had people over last night and didn't get a chance to scrutinize the replay until this morning. What I did think at the time is that I was immediately unhappy with the number of strides Rau took - it was clear he went out of his way to hit Zucker. Thank Parise he hit him from the front, because had that hit been to the back I don't even want to think about the result.

What I'm not convinced about is contact to the head and for that I'm not convinced he deserves a suspension. If he gets one I'll understand and sure as hell won't be up in arms over it - there's obviously enough there for people to think it's deserved (hence the length of this thread) so it would be foolish to strongly disagree. I don't think that makes me a troll, unreasonable, illogical or a blind homer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post

*To make this rule clearer, any time a player targets the head or neck area of an opponent, it must be a major penalty and a game misconduct penalty at a minimum.
          He didn't target the head, he hit him in the chest. Hands were at chest level and followed through high. The rest of your post seems to rely on the fact that there was head contact and I can't say I agree.

Look, until NCAA adopts the USA hockey rules eliminating any type of hit that serves to intimidate, hits like that are going to happen and shouldn't be suspension worthy. Yes the hit was late (not even that late in real time) but this isn't the NFL with the defenseless QB rule (could call interference I suppose). Yes it was charging and I agree he shouldn't have done that. 5 minutes for charging is the appropriate call then. But unless it's from behind or contact to the head then a game misconduct is a bit much and a suspension is ridiculous. He hit him from the front, in the chest, and since he was 6 inches away from the boards his head hit the glass pretty hard. This is a perfect example of the refs (who didn't even see it) making the call based on the result rather than the actual hit.
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-11-2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I don't see anyone oppoosed to the concept being any more militant than you.

In retrospect I agree he should have been kicked out of the game. By 'retrospect' I mean I felt he deserved a penalty right away, but I had people over last night and didn't get a chance to scrutinize the replay until this morning. What I did think at the time is that I was immediately unhappy with the number of strides Rau took - it was clear he went out of his way to hit Zucker. Thank Parise he hit him from the front, because had that hit been to the back I don't even want to think about the result.

What I'm not convinced about is contact to the head and for that I'm not convinced he deserves a suspension. If he gets one I'll understand and sure as hell won't be up in arms over it - there's obviously enough there for people to think it's deserved (hence the length of this thread) so it would be foolish to strongly disagree. I don't think that makes me a troll, unreasonable, illogical or a blind homer.
            I'm not in the "headhunting" category. I'm in the "wow, that was a LATE hit" category. An additional game (or not) would not surprise me, and either decision wouldn't bother me.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"Sir, people see you as somewhat of an ogre."
              "Why I ought to club them and eat their bones!"

Comment

Originally posted by dirty View Post
                i say zucker should be suspended. If you can't take a hit from a runt like rau, you have no business playing hockey. With a guy like zucker leading them, it's no wonder the us sucked at the wjc this year.
                lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  He didn't target the head, he hit him in the chest. Hands were at chest level and followed through high. The rest of your post seems to rely on the fact that there was head contact and I can't say I agree.
                  If he followed through high...that means he hit him in the head.

Here's a tweet from the Star Tribune's Mike Russo:

Talk of #mnwild locker room this morning is Rau's hit on Zucker. Late, high and couple others words is the consensus.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    If he followed through high...that means he hit him in the head.

Here's a tweet from the Star Tribune's Mike Russo:
                    Although he's so short, it'd be like saying MEg followed through high. Probably hit him in the stomach.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

by the way- here are the facts, gopher fan, DU fan, or otherwise. it was from the front, not from behind. it was not late (half second after the pass)- it was finishing a check. in the .5 seconds after the pass- rau took zero strides towards zucker. no charging. he glided into the hit. he didnt launch himself into the hit. he got his hands up- it was hands to the head. thats a 5 minute penalty. he deserved getting ejected. no suspension is necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                        Goose-stepping, a ready supply of vodka, and the perpetual humming of the Soviet national anthem?

Knowing the nature of your school's fanbase, yes, I'm guessing you've been labeled as such by at least some of them for that type of stance.
                        I reall don't know of any SCSU fans that didn't think the Marvin hit on Genoway was dirty. His hit on Geoffrion is the one that is disputed.

Didn't see the hit, but I would like to know what Rau's chances are of going pro after this year. He seems to be making a list of enemies, almost like he doesn't think he will get paid back for his actions.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                          by the way- here are the facts, gopher fan, DU fan, or otherwise. it was from the front, not from behind. it was not late (half second after the pass)- it was finishing a check.
                          I disagree - I thought it was late and it was most definitely a charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Although he's so short, it'd be like saying MEg followed through high. Probably hit him in the stomach.
                            Or a spot a bit lower and make him a soprano.
                            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              I reall don't know of any SCSU fans that didn't think the Marvin hit on Genoway was dirty. His hit on Geoffrion is the one that is disputed.

Didn't see the hit, but I would like to know what Rau's chances are of going pro after this year. He seems to be making a list of enemies, almost like he doesn't think he will get paid back for his actions.
                              What kind of dangerous actions has Rau committed outside of this hit that would deserve any payback by "enemies"? The kid chirps and gets opposing players to commit penalties. Annoying as hell for opposing players? Yeah. Stupid as hell for opposing players to retaliate over smack talk? Yes. Illegal in any way? No. If Rau starts making it a habit to hit players like he did Zucker, then he will warrant getting payback.

Comment

The WCHA has announced a 1 game ban for Kyle Rau which he'll be required to serve tonight. That is according to the WCHA website under press releases.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Working...
                                X