Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suspend Kyle Rau for as long as Jason Zucker is unable to play!

I hope Zucker is OK and can get back on the ice this week, if not for the game today for practice later.
    My initial thought was concussion. Hopefully it is just a minor shoulder injury.

Rau deserved 5 and a game for that. It was late. It was against the wall. He had plenty of time to decide not to lay the hit.
    Bottom line, it was a reckless and dangerous hit that resulted in injury. These are the kinds of hits that need to be eliminated from the game.

Anyone saying there needs to be some sort of accountability by Zucker to avoid putting himself in that position....that's crazy. There was no reason he should have expected to get hit that late after releasing the puck. Rau was in complete control of his body and made a decision to hit Zucker well late. Attempts to shift any of the responsibility away from Rau are, in my opinion as a Gopher fan, disgusting.

I would fully support an additional game suspension for Rau, with the caveat being that the WCHA starts being more consistent with handing out suspensions for this type of situation. I think other leagues (the CCHA in particular) have been much better at consistently handing out additional suspensions for reckless and dangerous hits. We haven't seen that from the WCHA. So, I don't like the idea of giving a suspension simply because of who the victim is. If this is the turning point and the WCHA gets serious about addressing these kinds of hits regardless of who is on the receiving end, then hand down a suspension.

Oh yeah, whoever alluded to the high stick as being "headhunting" lost as much credibility as those who said the Rau hit only deserved 2 minutes.

Comment

Can someone give us an update on Zucker's condition? (or post a link.) I was in the building for the Travis Roy hit. Watching Zucker not move for that long produced horrible flashbacks.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Can someone give us an update on Zucker's condition? (or post a link.) I was in the building for the Travis Roy hit. Watching Zucker not move for that long produced horrible flashbacks.
        Here is a tweet from Jay Z as of few hours ago.

Jason Zucker @JasonZucker17
        Thanks for all the wishes everybody. Feeling better as of now, will have an update for you at a later time.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
          Thanks.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Luckily this thread has helped me out. "Do not give credibility to posters with an 'x' in their user name." Thanks for tipping me off.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Also, B Jugs got two minutes, all he should have. That wasn't intentional, it was reckless

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Luckily this thread has helped me out. "Do not give credibility to posters with an 'x' in their user name." Thanks for tipping me off.
                Just remember - if you dare have any common sense and are willing to support the suspension of one of your own team's players for a dangerous hit, you are equated with the likes of Reusse and are an "anti-homer".

Comment

• Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                  Just remember - if you dare have any common sense and are willing to support the suspension of one of your own team's players for a dangerous hit, you are equated with the likes of Reusse and are an "anti-homer".
                  Well what do you expect from a Commie?

So am I anti-homer cause I say Marvin on Genoway was a dirty hit?

Comment

Zucker looked pretty good when they showed him walking down the hallway to the treatment room. he should get at least an Emmy.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Well what do you expect from a Commie?
                      Goose-stepping, a ready supply of vodka, and the perpetual humming of the Soviet national anthem?
                      So am I anti-homer cause I say Marvin on Genoway was a dirty hit?
                      Knowing the nature of your school's fanbase, yes, I'm guessing you've been labeled as such by at least some of them for that type of stance.

Comment

Non-Gopher, low-poster here.

Since the refs missed it, they saw the same thing I'm seeing - replay (apparently a different replay than DX saw). Looks like Rau raised up to go for the head. Late, high hit, player down. Any effort to single out the head is an intent to injure. 5 - DQ. Maybe 1 game.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty View Post
                          i say zucker should be suspended. If you can't take a hit from a runt like rau, you have no business playing hockey. With a guy like zucker leading them, it's no wonder the us sucked at the wjc this year.
                          fyp
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                            Do us a favor and never call him Jay Z again
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

No doubt. The real Jay Z could take a hit. Or was that Rihanna?
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

The more I see the hit...the worse it looks. He hits JZ high...way late...then thrusts his head into the glass. That is called intent to injure. It was a stupid, idiotic play and I am sure Lucia has likely ripped him a new one for it. I don't believe Rau will play tonight, if Lucia is smart, he'll suspend him.

The high stick was clearly incidental, he was stick-checking and caught Zucker, nothing malicious, but it was definitely a good shot. If you're going to get a high stick penalty, at least get your money's worth, he got him good, but not intentional.

Kyle Rau really needs to look in the mirror after that hit and decide if he wants to be known as a quality player or as a cheap shot artist. I love the small scrappy player, but there is a clear line that cannot be crossed, Rau over stepped it by a big margin. He'd be best served sitting out a couple games and learning from this. He is a young player, hopefully this kind of incident will teach him a lesson.
                                Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Working...
                                X