Union @ Dartmouth Friday, 2/10/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union @ Dartmouth Friday, 2/10/2012

The last meeting ended on a sour note with the Big Green playing the Big Mean and taking some cheap shots at Union players. Coaches Gaudet and Bennett also exchanged animated post game unpleasantries. Will this game pick up where that left off? 2 huge points at stake for Union on the weekend where Colgate and Cornell each play two and pickup the "game in hand". Will Troy Grosenick be back in goal or will freshman Colin Stevens get the call? Let's find out. Go U!

Re: Union @ Dartmouth Friday, 2/10/2012

Thanks to Flag Dude for pointing out that I inadvertently started this thread in the wrong place.

Comment

Ken Schott video interviews with Grosenick and "Ghost". Troy sounds ready to go.

http://dailygazette.com/videos/2012/feb/10/960/
      http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2012/feb/10/959/

Comment

Stevens starting again tonight. Surprisingly, Mark Bennett isn't playing either (first time since December 30th). Max Novak takes his place on the Ikkala-Coatta line. Daniel Ciampini gets a start, replacing Mingoia on the Sullivan-K.Bodie line.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz73z3ZPS91qcayzi.jpg
        Last edited by rdf8585; 02-10-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

After listening to Troy's remarks I'm a bit surprised that he isn't going tonight, but it's possible that coach sees this as an opportunity to give him 2 full weeks off and only miss one game this weekend. Of course I could be all wrong and maybe the injury has been reaggravated or is worse than we thought.

Comment

Considering Union's blowout win last month and this being the only game of the weekend, it kind of strikes me as an easy game to overlook. But hopefully Union comes out firing on all cylinders and Stevens plays more like he did on Friday.

Jody O'Neill in goal for Dartmouth tonight.

Comment

And we're off....

Comment

Zajac makes it 1-0 on Union's first shot. Hatch and Simpson pick up assists. Zajac's 8th of the year.

Comment

K.Bodie makes it 2-0 Union. Coburn and Sullivan assist.

5 and a half minutes into the first and Bob Gaudet yanks O'Neil for James Mello.
                  Last edited by rdf8585; 02-10-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Jesse Beamish shaken up for Dartmouth.

Comment

Beamish back on ice.

Comment

Side notes - former Union coach Kevin Sneddon and his Vermont team are on NBC Sports Network at 7:30 tonight (they host #5 BC). #14 Denver, who beat Union in December, hosts #2 Minnesota at 10 tonight on NBC Sports Network.

Comment

2-0 Union after 1.

Brown scored with 2 seconds left in the first to go ahead of Cornell 1-0.

Comment

If anyone is watching the game, I'd be interested in any observations... I'm going by radio.

Comment

I was trying to coordinate the Dartmouth video stream with the Union radio broadcast. Hopefully I'll have better luck next period. Looks like Union victimized O'Neil early but after that it evened out. Stevens made a few big saves and looks pretty solid so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X