2012 Great Lakes Invitational Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Great Lakes Invitational Tournament

The worst kept secret is now official - the 2012 GLI will be played OUTDOORS in Comerica Park. It will be one of the events supporting the NHL 2013 Winter Classic that will be in the Big House, where "The Big CHill" was held.

This is per the official announcement made during an NHL press conference that just ended.

GLI participants will be Michigan Tech, THE University of Michigan, Michigan State and Western Michigan.

The NHL Winter Classic will be the Red Wings and Maple Leafs.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Re: 2012 Great Lakes Invitational Tournament

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    The worst kept secret is now official - the 2012 GLI will be played OUTDOORS in Comerica Park. It will be one of the events supporting the NHL 2013 Winter Classic that will be in the Big House, where "The Big CHill" was held.

This is per the official announcement made during an NHL press conference that just ended.

GLI participants will be Michigan Tech, THE University of Michigan, Michigan State and Western Michigan.

I know it's being reported that the fourth team at the 2012 GLI is going to be Western Michigan. But for the last two years the fourth team signed has been St. Cloud. I'm not sure if this is the idiots at the Detroit News being idiots or if this has actually changed. But I'm waiting for offical confirmation from a school
    Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
    *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

*Looks down 4 threads on first page, sees exact same thread*
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post

Yay two threads!
        http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...71#post5348071

Take scan of the list before you start a thread.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
          I know it's being reported that the fourth team at the 2012 GLI is going to be Western Michigan. But for the last two years the fourth team signed has been St. Cloud. I'm not sure if this is the idiots at the Detroit News being idiots or if this has actually changed. But I'm waiting for offical confirmation from a school
          That (Western Michigan) is what was said by Chris Illich, CEO of Illich Holdings during the news conference. There is another news conference at 1:15 in Ann Arbor.

They are saying it is part of the "Hockeytown Winter Festival". Perhaps they made some sort of arrangement with St. Cloud to switch years. It does seem fitting to have Western as part of this whole shebang.
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Official Press Release: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Official word from the Michigan Tech website: http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/V...CLID=205376785
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                Yay two threads!
                http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...71#post5348071

Take scan of the list before you start a thread.
                Threads in which the first word is preceded by a lower-case "t" are terribly obnoxious and ought not be considered when starting new threads.

Comment

Working...
                X