Ohio State vs Minnesota 2/10 - 2/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Minnesota 2/10 - 2/11

It doesn't get any easier for the Buckeyes. Last weekend the Buckeyes earned a split with Minnesota-Duluth to stay tied for fourth place. This weekend the Buckeyes will face Minnesota at home before traveling to Wisconsin in the last weekend of the season. Senior Day will be Saturday and will be your last chance to cheer on a very special senior class ... Brittany Carlson, Melissa Feste, Laura McIntosh, Natalie Spooner, Kim Theut, and Kelly Wild.

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota 2/10 - 2/11

And you'll have to put up with a loud, obnoxious, ref-insulting, Minnesota Rouser-singing madman... otherwise known as me , as I make my first trip to Columbus since I was a high school senior checking out Big Ten universities some 19 years ago.

Minnesota is on a four-game road winning streak -- albeit against MSU and SCSU -- and looking to keep within 2 games of Wisconsin (despite the likelihood of being able to actually catch them). A single standings point for the Gophers will lock up the #2 seed in the conference playoffs.

If I had gotten the good scholarship, I would have been a Buckeye. Your loss.
    Last edited by CrazyDave; 02-06-2012, 10:50 AM.
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
      Minnesota is on a four-game road winning streak -- albeit against MSU and SCSU ...
      Five-game road winning streak -- Duluth.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Five-game road winning streak -- Duluth.
        True. I was thinking more along the line of the overall current 4-game winning streak, with all four occurring on the road.
        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          It doesn't get any easier for the Buckeyes. Last weekend the Buckeyes earned a split with Minnesota-Duluth to stay tied for fourth place. This weekend the Buckeyes will face Minnesota at home before traveling to Wisconsin in the last weekend of the season. Senior Day will be Saturday and will be your last chance to cheer on a very special senior class ... Brittany Carlson, Melissa Feste, Laura McIntosh, Natalie Spooner, Kim Theut, and Kelly Wild.

There's talk that Kim Theut is redshirting? So you might get another year to see her.

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
            There's talk that Kim Theut is redshirting? So you might get another year to see her.
            I wondered about that because she has been hurt and hasn't played a single game this season. It would be great to see her come back and be able to get back on the ice.

CrazyDave, won't be the first or last time we've had some loud, obnoxious visiting fans at the OSU Ice Rink. Hey, just make sure you temper the expectations a little because it's not Ridder!

Comment

I hoping that the ladder to the "press box" can support my weight. I've been hearing stories.

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
                I hoping that the ladder to the "press box" can support my weight. I've been hearing stories.
                Get in touch with a wrestling coach and find out the best way to shed pounds in four days.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Haha ... good one! I am sure the ladder will support your weight. Have fun this weekend and enjoy some great womens hockey in a cozy environment. You'll have a nice view of the action in that "press box." I am hopeful we can get a split this weekend, but that will require us to score goals against the best goalie in the league, in my humble opinion, Noora Raty. Won't be easy. For all the Minnesota fans coming down, safe travels and enjoy the games.

Comment

Haha ... good one! I am sure the ladder will support your weight. Have fun this weekend and enjoy some great womens hockey in a cozy environment. You'll have a nice view of the action in that "press box." I am hopeful we can get a split this weekend, but that will require us to score goals against the best goalie in the league, in my humble opinion, Noora Raty. Won't be easy. For all the Minnesota fans coming down, safe travels and enjoy the games.
                    Looking forward to my first trip to Columbus. I believe that the games will be competitive as they were at Ridder earlier this season. OSU will need to get some offense though as the Gophs bottled them up for the most part including Spooner.

Going to the games?

Comment

Looking forward to my first trip to Columbus. I believe that the games will be competitive as they were at Ridder earlier this season. OSU will need to get some offense though as the Gophs bottled them up for the most part including Spooner.

Going to the games?
                      Absolutely going! It will be my last chance to cheer our six seniors on as I will not be able to be at Wisconsin next weekend! Have a safe trip down!

Comment

It will be my last chance to cheer our six seniors on...
                        Oh ye of little faith! What about our home playoff series?

OK, OK. I know we have the tougher schedule, and that on paper the odds are against it. But I'm not giving up unless it becomes mathematically impossible, and I'm very confident the team feels the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                          Oh ye of little faith! What about our home playoff series?

OK, OK. I know we have the tougher schedule, and that on paper the odds are against it. But I'm not giving up unless it becomes mathematically impossible, and I'm very confident the team feels the same way.
                          Sorry, not a lack of faith, just an innocent slip-up! I still think we can get a first-round home series, too, although it will not be easy. But, then, as Woody Hayes once said, "Anything easy ain't worth a ****."

Comment

Sorry...the name stirred memories:

Losing wasn't easy for Woody.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

If I want this series to somehow favor UMD in the pairwise I should be cheering of OSU, right?? However, I expect it to be a great series and wish fans from both sides to see good hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X