Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/10, 2/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/10, 2/11)

RPI limps into eastern New England.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/10, 2/11)

Just when it seemed like we were turning things around-now we have more questions than ever. Our strong point for the year-our defense-was just irresponsible against Colgate. You know you have to stop their top scorer from getting on the scoresheet and we allowed him to get 4 agianst us. We had to have a better plan to stay with him. Defense should have been designed for that priority. We seemed just totally unprepared.
    Back to the drawing board and hope we can prepare better for harvard and Dartmouth. These 2 teams we played very well against when we had them in Troy.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I want a 130 minute effort, not a 130 second effort like I saw tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I want a 130 minute effort, not a 130 second effort like I saw tonight.
        i got back when the score was 2-1 and it sounded like we were about to make this a real battle. Then the wheels came off. Several new concerns-what is going on with our defensemen and what is the status of the injury to Joel Malchuk?

Comment

Hopefully the highlight of my trip to Cambridge isnt the candlepin bowling I plan on doing.....
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Looking forward to watching the team in person for a second game in a row-hopefully they remember who they were on Friday, and forget all about Saturday. I still don't know what that was.

Comment

Should be a good sized RPI following friday night as of monday when I checked for tickets, only a few rows remained behind the visitor benches. My friend in Cambridge got our tickets Tuesday. If I find out where Im sitting I will post my location if anyone wants to say hi or yell at me for stuff I may have written on our threads
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I'll be in Section 15 (wherever that is). I'm on co-op with GE, and I know they have a rather large group going, in Sections 15, 16, and 17.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                  I'll be in Section 15 (wherever that is). I'm on co-op with GE, and I know they have a rather large group going, in Sections 15, 16, and 17.
                  Good effort RA. Be loud and proud!!
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                    From the few times we have been up there-admittedly not in the past 3 years-the RPI crowd often outnumbers the Harvard group.

Comment

Millea is hopping over from Hockey East to do Friday's game alongside Gilbert (Piti and Bathe on the lines). Gilbert sticks with the RPI game for Saturday, joined by Chip McDonald (Bathe and LeBlanc on the lines).

Comment

Great comeback with the extra attacker to tie this one up tonight. This should ease some of the pain from last saturday. Last time we played Dartmouth we played well and maybe deserved a better fate. Let's hope we can bring the momentum gained today into the game tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Great comeback with the extra attacker to tie this one up tonight. This should ease some of the pain from last saturday. Last time we played Dartmouth we played well and maybe deserved a better fate. Let's hope we can bring the momentum gained today into the game tomorrow.
                          We play like we did tonight, and we'll get a win. We were flat in the second the last time we faced Dartmouth; I firmly believe we'll pull it out if we give a strong 65 minute effort.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            We play like we did tonight, and we'll get a win. We were flat in the second the last time we faced Dartmouth; I firmly believe we'll pull it out if we give a strong 65 minute effort.
                            I have always felt that hockey is all about matching up. We just seem to match up well against 8 of the ECAC teams this year and each game has been either a win or a close battle loss. We will need to figure out how to match up better against the other 3 teams in the league. Tonight we did exactly what we needed to do-take very few penalties and have our PK just not give Harvard the edge they get with their extremely good power play. Defensively we did what was necessary to give the offense a chance to tie or win. We still have to finish better and find a way to get more than 2 goals but it sure sounded like we had an ample number of chances including one crossbar. Tomorrow is extremely important.

Comment

This was a giveaway game - another two points lost because we couldn't finish what we started. Sort of pathetic to have 10 ties this year. It was a hard fought game from start to finish but I thought Harvard lost some momentum in the second, regained it a bit early in the third and then ran out of gas in the last three minutes of regulation and into OT. Still, it was there for the taking. Teddy sort of blew it by calling a timeout midway through the third period. We could have used a blow after RPI had used their timeout and pulled their goalie but it wasn't to be.

Both goalies had their moments in wandering from the net and RPI hit the crossbar twice and three other times had dead-on close in shots only to miss or hit Girard in the stomach. Harvard didn't have the same quality of chances but we had a couple including one in OT that could have gone in. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, it all adds up to one unpleasant evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X