2012 Women's Beanpot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Women's Beanpot

Underway at Walter Brown Arena on the campus of Boston University.

Re: 2012 Women's Beanpot

as I posted in the hockey east thread...
    For those interested, it looks like the two beanpot games will be streamed live via the buterriers website.
    There is currently some ice issues they are addressing, with puck drop [was] at 5:25 for the NU/BC game.
    http://www.goterriers.com/allaccess/?media=295407

Comment

this is the link for the first game: http://www.goterriers.com/allaccess/?media=295413

Comment

Tied 1-1 at the end of two. Emily Field with the BC goal late in the period to even it up.

Comment

How the heck are these refs reviewing the plays? I'm a BU fan and I know the cameras/videos at WBA are terrible.

Comment

WooHoo......Way to go NU ladies....On to the final!!!

Chip

Comment

Any updates on the Harvard/BU game? Is it being streamed anywhere?
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

2-0 BU late in first, BU outshooting Harvard 16-3

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                  How the heck are these refs reviewing the plays? I'm a BU fan and I know the cameras/videos at WBA are terrible.
                  All Hockey East rinks are equipped with overhead goal cams

Comment

Originally posted by 123hockey View Post
                    2-0 BU late in first, BU outshooting Harvard 16-3
                    Almost 3-0, as Poulin had a beauty of a play that Bellamy somehow managed to trap on the goal line despite being spread eagle on the ice.

Comment

Feeding frenzy here on Babcock Street as BU is romping along 5-0 at the end of two. Total run and gun offense, with Harvard giving up waaaaaaaay too many odd man rushes. Shots are 27-13 in the Terriers favor.

Comment

5-2 BU wins. Penalities galore towards the end there.

Championship vs NU should be a good game. NU has had BU's number this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                          NU has had BU's number this season.
                          Really? BU won the last meeting, and has now blown out both BC and Harvard in the last week.

Northeastern won the first two meetings at home against BU, but so what -- BU was also losing to Maine and UNH before last week.

I agree it should be a good game, since the last game was good. But looks like BU deserves to be the clear favorite, and is finally the team we thought they would be. This three game streak has me convinced.

Also worth noting that this'll be the first time a team other than Harvard and BC wins the women's Beanpot since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
                            Really? BU won the last meeting, and has now blown out both BC and Harvard in the last week.

Northeastern won the first two meetings at home against BU, but so what -- BU was also losing to Maine and UNH before last week.

I agree it should be a good game, since the last game was good. But looks like BU deserves to be the clear favorite, and is finally the team we thought they would be. This three game streak has me convinced.

Also worth noting that this'll be the first time a team other than Harvard and BC wins the women's Beanpot since 1998.
                            Clear favorite?...

bu won the last meeting yes but it was far from a convincing win. NU had a bad 3rd period that they still almost won anyways. Our previous meetings were much more convincing.

Interesting facts this is the first time Harvard has not been in the championship since 07. Also it pits the team with the most Beanpots against the one who has never won as a varsity team (they won in 1981 as a club team).

As for the NU-bc game...WOW. That was a great game on both sides. A little bit of questionable officiating but otherwise good. Nice seeing TTT again too bad one of us had to go home disappointed. We both thought it was going to a shootout and sure enough. NU definitely had an advantage in the shootout with Schelling and our top line plus Llanes

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                              As for the NU-bc game...WOW. That was a great game on both sides. A little bit of questionable officiating but otherwise good. Nice seeing TTT again too bad one of us had to go home disappointed. We both thought it was going to a shootout and sure enough. NU definitely had an advantage in the shootout with Schelling and our top line plus Llanes
                              That game was a thriller. One of those games where it was just an absolute shame that it had to go to a shootout. NU was more than deserving of getting to the final though. I can't be too disappointed - I'm very high on NU, thought the game was extremely even with NU getting maybe a handful of extra chances. Just a shame that BC and Harvard ruined it for everyone a few years ago with the 3OT game

Anyway... there were 3 video reviews in the game, all no-goal calls that were confirmed by replay. Props to the officials for making use out of it and making sure. Alex Carpenter's dipsy-doodle dangle with seconds to go in OT to split three Husky defenders only to ring the post was a thing of beauty and the video I was recording would have been submitted to SportsCenter had it gone in.

Also... NU had a 2-on-0 and a 3-on-1 in the game, and neither time did the player with the puck pass it. The 2-on-0, she had no angle coming from the back of the net and a pass would have been a sure goal... does NU have puck-hog problems? Serious question.

Anyway... good to see a bunch of the crew -- wade, DC, HUX, NUWHDH, couple others. Sorry I embarrassed all of you with my best Billy Cundiff impression during the super shot
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                              X