Ferris State @ NMU 2/3-2/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State @ NMU 2/3-2/4

#19 NMU plays host to #6 Ferris State, both teams are trying to make a push for the playoffs. NMU comes off a split with Miami, while Ferris swept Michigan State last weekend. Should be a great series!
    NMU

Re: Ferris State @ NMU 2/3-2/4

Stuff to read from The Detroit Free Press: Ferris-State-surprising-the-CCHA-again

and College Hockey News: One on Ferris, 2 Goalies No Problem for FSU and the other on NMU, Going, Going, Gron
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

NMU takes advantage of the home ice and sweeps! Hoping the BEC is packed and rocking all weekend!
      GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Big, BIG series this weekend... Put up or shut up time for the Cats, IMO... Not saying this is a "Must Sweep", but there isn't a whole lot of room left for error down the road... With only one more series after this at the BEC, you got to take advantage where you can... Like I said before, getting Ferris here is an advantage... Hopefully the fans will be out in full force... Ferris is a **** good team this year and this should be a hell of a series... Time to step up Cats....
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Nope, it pretty much is must sweep.
          http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....php?teamid=15
          As of right now, the only series that isn't "detrimental" to our PWR is the Michigan series. I quote detrimental, because every loss is right now.

Back in December, I said I felt the 'Cats needed to go 12-4 in an effort to be well positioned in the Pairwise. That was just from eyeballing the standings at the time, and looking at where a 12-4 record would place their RPI rating. I estimated they would need to be above .555 and below .560. That may have been a bit "pipe dream"-ish, but it certainly was obtainable. Since my 12-4 declaration, the 'Cats have gone 4-2-2. To make math easy, figure the ties as a split each way, giving the 'Cats a 5-3 record. As of right now going 7 of 8 puts the 'Cats solidly in where I said they could back in December. Going 6 of 8 should keep them as a three seed.

I know this team can do it. We've all seen the stretches of brilliance from them. This winning run starts tonight at the Berry.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Should be a great series. Another shutout from Nelson or Motte would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Nope, it pretty much is must sweep.
              http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....php?teamid=15
              As of right now, the only series that isn't "detrimental" to our PWR is the Michigan series. I quote detrimental, because every loss is right now.

Back in December, I said I felt the 'Cats needed to go 12-4 in an effort to be well positioned in the Pairwise. That was just from eyeballing the standings at the time, and looking at where a 12-4 record would place their RPI rating. I estimated they would need to be above .555 and below .560. That may have been a bit "pipe dream"-ish, but it certainly was obtainable. Since my 12-4 declaration, the 'Cats have gone 4-2-2. To make math easy, figure the ties as a split each way, giving the 'Cats a 5-3 record. As of right now going 7 of 8 puts the 'Cats solidly in where I said they could back in December. Going 6 of 8 should keep them as a three seed.

I know this team can do it. We've all seen the stretches of brilliance from them. This winning run starts tonight at the Berry.
              I would say that a 5-3 January, a first round playoff win and at least one win in the 2nd CCHA playoff round will give them a good shot at the tourney. A strong finish by St Cloud to regain TUC status and Michigan Tech remaining a TUC could be crucial.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

A sweep is a very good possibility, Northern has played well at the BEC all year, and from what I can tell via records Ferris doesn't perform nearly as well on the road.
                NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                  A sweep is a very good possibility, Northern has played well at the BEC all year, and from what I can tell via records Ferris doesn't perform nearly as well on the road.
                  Ferris is at .500 on the road. They are a very good team and shouldn't be taken lightly by any means. Should be a great weekend of hockey.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Ferris is at .500 on the road. They are a very good team and shouldn't be taken lightly by any means. Should be a great weekend of hockey.

Even if the Cats don't take the Bulldogs lightly they could lose. This is probably the stiffest test Northern has had since December. Frankly, I'd be surprised if the Cats picked up 6 points this weekend. They badly need it but FSU always plays NMU tough in Marquette. I only hope the boys surprise me.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

I think the Cats can get this sweep. Just look at the recent history between these two team. NMU hasn't lost to FSU since '09. GO CATS GO!!!
                      I'M NEW!!! Not so new anymore I guess.

PUCKHEADS A NMU TRADITION SINCE 1996!!!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        I'm not saying they should be taking lightly, I was just saying the Cats stand a much better chance of sweeping while playing at the BEC.
                        NMU

Comment

Why is Reid in net?
                          GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Can someone please tell me if the penalty on Thurber was legit, it sure didn't look like it.
                            NMU

Comment

Well, my hopes for a shutout went by the wayside.

Comment

Working...
                              X