Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech @ MSU-Mankato, Feb. 3-4: Insert wittiness here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech @ MSU-Mankato, Feb. 3-4: Insert wittiness here.

Tech is coming off a 3-point weekend at #1 UMD, and is capping a road trip cycle in Mankato before heading home for Winter Carnival and the other Mavs. Minnesota State split last weekend at Bemidji, and split the weekend before with UNO.

Something something Jolly Green Giant something Mankato State University of Minnesota State Mankato University something something blah.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Re: Michigan Tech @ MSU-Mankato, Feb. 3-4: Insert wittiness here.

TRAP SERIES. TRAP SERIES. TRAP SERIES.

Just came off an emotional 4-goal comeback tie and a 5-0 beatdown of #1. Admiral Ackbar is doing cartwheels around Mel Pearson right now.

Tech CANNOT afford a letdown here, or to dig itself a hole for a period like they've been doing.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Tech needs four points. Anything else at this point will be a let down.
      Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
      *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        TRAP SERIES. TRAP SERIES. TRAP SERIES.

Just came off an emotional 4-goal comeback tie and a 5-0 beatdown of #1. Admiral Ackbar is doing cartwheels around Mel Pearson right now.

Tech CANNOT afford a letdown here, or to dig itself a hole for a period like they've been doing.
        Not to mention, they're looking forward to the Red Mavs for Winter Carnival. So much terrible written over this.
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

TRAP SERIES. TRAP SERIES. TRAP SERIES.Just came off an emotional 4-goal comeback tie and a 5-0 beatdown of #1. Admiral Ackbar is doing cartwheels around Mel Pearson right now.Tech CANNOT afford a letdown here, or to dig itself a hole for a period like they've been doing.
          Gotta figure those purple cows will be ready after seeing the Tech scores and how hot tMEL has them. Nice that CC and DU play each other as well.

Comment

here is my wittiness

Answer: What are the only two teams in the west to beat American International in the last two years

Comment

There have been attempts to bribe me, people have asked/prodded/begged for me to show for this series due to this past weekend's results. Sorry, nope.

I'll resurface in a month or so, when y'all travel to the Springs.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am considering checking this out seeming the Gophers are off this weekend.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                  Not to mention, they're looking forward to the Red Mavs for Winter Carnival. So much terrible written over this.
                  Overlooking MSU I think would be a pretty big mistake for Tech. Personally, I don't think Tech is good enough to overlook anyone. Yes, they buried the #1 team in the nation this week, but in the WCHA there is no "easy" game. That's not an insult to Tech so much as it's realistic to life in college hockey. Expecting 4 points in another teams barn is ridiculous for anyone let alone a team that's in 7th place.

From MSU's perspective, our boys have been playing very, very well. The injuries on the team are getting closer to being done, but the record indicates just how bad it was. They took 3 goalies on the road for 1 series just so they could have a full allotment of players traveling. Young kids are leading the team in scoring and the upperclassmen are just starting to play decently. I've never seen anything like the injuries on this team (and yes it rivals the injuries that SCSU and UND are currently suffering from). Cook is finally starting to look like himself in the goal after a really rough stretch early in the year. I like what I'm seeing from the Mavs for about the last month. They've looked pretty good.

My early prediction on the game is a split with MTU taking the Friday game and MSU taking the Saturday game.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    I am considering checking this out seeming the Gophers are off this weekend.
                    I admit, it crossed my mind, but with the Gophers off, it provides an opportunity to check out mucho games (hopefully) on TV, and get a break from travel and spending money.

Edit: as for overlooking this series, MTU is 30th in the PWR. It's a long road to get a sniff of the tourney at this point.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I admit, it crossed my mind, but with the Gophers off, it provides an opportunity to check out mucho games (hopefully) on TV, and get a break from travel and spending money.

Edit: as for overlooking this series, MTU is 30th in the PWR. It's a long road to get a sniff of the tourney at this point.
                      An OOC resume consisting of two wins over AIC and one over St. Lawrence ain't gonna get you any love.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

An OOC resume consisting of two wins over AIC and one over St. Lawrence ain't gonna get you any love.
                        MN feels your pain about OOC. IIRC, two weeks ago, before the Sat CC game, we led the WCHA, but would have probably been out of the tourney, thanks to the PWR.
                        An odd thing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          MN feels your pain about OOC. IIRC, two weeks ago, before the Sat CC game, we led the WCHA, but would have probably been out of the tourney, thanks to the PWR.
                          An odd thing.....
                          The entire WCHA's out-of-conference record is dragging everyone down this year.

I think a split on the road is realistic, and then we gun for nothing less than a sweep at home during Carny.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                            Overlooking MSU I think would be a pretty big mistake for Tech. Personally, I don't think Tech is good enough to overlook anyone. Yes, they buried the #1 team in the nation this week, but in the WCHA there is no "easy" game. That's not an insult to Tech so much as it's realistic to life in college hockey. Expecting 4 points in another teams barn is ridiculous for anyone let alone a team that's in 7th place.
                            No offense should be taken to this statement because you are absolutely right. Tech didn't sweep MSUM at Tech, so expecting one there would be a bit much. And that was an MSUM team that was really injured then too. That's not to say that they can't sweep, it's just very far from a foregone conclusion. I think when Tech fans mention sweep, it's in the context of what Tech needs for a good shot at home ice, more than a comment on relative skill.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The entire WCHA's out-of-conference record is dragging everyone down this year.

I think a split on the road is realistic, and then we gun for nothing less than a sweep at home during Carny.
                              Tech did no favors to the WCHA by going 0-3 against the CCHA.

Comment

Working...
                              X