X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU at Merrimack 2/3/12

For the season series....

Re: BU at Merrimack 2/3/12

Sold out already, per the MC athletic website. Place should be rocking.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      This game on tv? Was able to watch yesterday on WBIN or whatever it was.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        This game on tv? Was able to watch yesterday on WBIN or whatever it was.
        Yes, it will be on WBIN and some obscure Fox College Sports channel I'm sure I don't get on RCN.

Comment

Not according to HE website or TV guide...

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            Yes, it will be on WBIN and some obscure Fox College Sports channel I'm sure I don't get on RCN.
            Excellent thanks!

Comment

Not according to HE website or TV guide...
              http://www.merrimackathletics.com/sp...11-12/schedule

Comment

Even though I'll be there, I hope MC site is right...Nice to see MC get exposure.

Comment

Definitely one of the handful of regular season HE games deserving of attention
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Is it really hard to sell 2,489 tickets to a Hockey East game? Nice to see, but it would say something about the program if every MC game wasn't sold out.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Go back a few years. There was hardly anyone there. Also, Providence with an enrollment twice as big and a bigger brand name, hardly ever sells out and if they were honest, there were never more than 1200 people in the arena for the last few years. Even this year with the team doing better, only three PC home games have had over 2,000 in attendance (BU, first Duluth game and Merrimack). The Friars average attendance is 1604. Also, Northeastern with an enrollment a million times bigger than Merrimack's is averaging 3,073 (66% of capacity) this year, much below their capacity. I also found several UMass-Amherst games with their crowd almost 2/3 empty and they only average 4,613 (55% capacity).

All attendance stats were found on College Hockey News.

I wasn't looking for praise of Merrimack for the advanced sell out, but it shows how far the program has come that the next three games are already sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Is it really hard to sell 2,489 tickets to a Hockey East game? Nice to see, but it would say something about the program if every MC game wasn't sold out.
                        Can't argue with this. Glad we're packing them in now.

Comment

I missed both trips to Merrimack last year so I'm looking forward to seeing the arena with seats.

According to the Bosotn Hockey Blog's Twitter feed, Coach Parker said that Max Nicastro will not be ready to play this Friday. So, congrats on winning the season series Merrimack! #prematuresandbagging

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            I missed both trips to Merrimack last year so I'm looking forward to seeing the arena with seats.

According to the Bosotn Hockey Blog's Twitter feed, Coach Parker said that Max Nicastro will not be ready to play this Friday. So, congrats on winning the season series Merrimack! #prematuresandbagging
                            You'll probably have a few more in the infirmary come Saturday morning.
                            And the fan boys thought Gerbe was tough!
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

No Nicastro and no Privitera. Ouch. I thought Nicastro was excellent in the last game at Agganis (although I was most impressed by Clendening; he was really in control of that game).Hope Sheen is not out. If he got slashed on the same wrist he injured at PC, that could be more than a 1 game problem.

BU was going great until they ran into an angry Ursus Americanus speed bump last week. I'm glad MC is done with Maine (until a potential playoff meeting).

I'm going with 3-2 Merrimack. Joe C gives up the standard 2 goals, and Warriors figure out a way to get a trio past Millan.
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                              X