Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU at Merrimack 2/3/12

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    No Nicastro and no Privitera. Ouch. I thought Nicastro was excellent in the last game at Agganis (although I was most impressed by Clendening; he was really in control of that game).Hope Sheen is not out. If he got slashed on the same wrist he injured at PC, that could be more than a 1 game problem.

BU was going great until they ran into an angry Ursus Americanus speed bump last week. I'm glad MC is done with Maine (until a potential playoff meeting).

I'm going with 3-2 Merrimack. Joe C gives up the standard 2 goals, and Warriors figure out a way to get a trio past Millan.
    We actually did play two pretty good games last weekend, especially considering the injury issues, as well as Cisse not playing virtually at all. Maine is clearly the hottest team in the league, and maybe the country right now, and they got stellar goaltending all weekend. I really don't know what to expect out of our guys, Maine figured out how to frustrate the living hell out of them. I'm not sure MC has the same offensive prowess as Maine, but with our limited defensive corps, we could have some issues.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

If he got slashed on the same wrist he injured at PC, that could be more than a 1 game problem.
      Nate Gerbe strikes again! (making fun of the fanboys, not you)
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        We actually did play two pretty good games last weekend, especially considering the injury issues, as well as Cisse not playing virtually at all. Maine is clearly the hottest team in the league, and maybe the country right now, and they got stellar goaltending all weekend. I really don't know what to expect out of our guys, Maine figured out how to frustrate the living hell out of them. I'm not sure MC has the same offensive prowess as Maine, but with our limited defensive corps, we could have some issues.
        I read that Parker certainly was not upset with the effort. We all know MC has no where near the offensive weapons as ME (Abbott, Flynn and Diamond 1,2 & 3 in HE scoring). Scoring has been an issue for the Warriors. It hasn't impacted them in the standings only because of the outstanding D and goaltending. BU being compromised on D might help MC get their cycle game going, possess the puck, and find the back of the net a couple times. Greasy goals are okay with me.
        Last edited by RENCEB; 01-30-2012, 08:31 PM.
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Interested to see the lineups that BU puts out on Friday. Also interested to see the new look of Lawler (did not make it there last year).

My seats are section 1 general admission.... am I gonna be surrounded by rowdy Merrimack kids?

Comment

I'm guessing no Cisse for BU? Wow, Coyle, Trivino, Nicastro, Privitera, and now Cisse. Quite a different BU line-up than from the beginning of the year, for this game anyway.
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I'm guessing no Cisse for BU? Wow, Coyle, Trivino, Nicastro, Privitera, and now Cisse. Quite a different BU line-up than from the beginning of the year, for this game anyway.
              No official word that I've heard of on Cisse... but i'd guess no too. Will be interesting to see the look on Friday night for sure!

Comment

While programming my TiVo I saw that this game will be in Fox College Sports. Really? Wow. At least it starts at 7:00 still.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Interested to see the lineups that BU puts out on Friday. Also interested to see the new look of Lawler (did not make it there last year).

My seats are section 1 general admission.... am I gonna be surrounded by rowdy Merrimack kids?
                  That's on the BU side, but it'll be a packed house. Free T-shirt and pizza night for the students.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    While programming my TiVo I saw that this game will be in Fox College Sports. Really? Wow. At least it starts at 7:00 still.
                    At msn.foxsports.com/tv/schedule they show "Boston College vs. Merrimack."
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                      That's on the BU side, but it'll be a packed house. Free T-shirt and pizza night for the students.
                      Section 1 is not on the BU side. It's on the Merrimack side. Section 3 is the BLC section where I sit and is behind the MC bench.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                        Section 1 is not on the BU side. It's on the Merrimack side. Section 3 is the BLC section where I sit and is behind the MC bench.
                        https://secure.eti*****/venueResourc...Seating_3D.gif

BU attacking side, Merrimack defending side.

Comment

I don't seem to get the Fox Sports channel showing the game (lol RCN). It will be on WBIN as well?
                          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                            I don't seem to get the Fox Sports channel showing the game (lol RCN). It will be on WBIN as well?
                            It is on WBIN. They were kept flashing it up on the screen during Sunday's PC-MC game that is was top 5 teams facing off etc
                            GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                              It is on WBIN. They were kept flashing it up on the screen during Sunday's PC-MC game that is was top 5 teams facing off etc
                              My TiVo guide says WBIN is doing a different game. I haven't checked WBIN's site, though. It could be wrong. My TiVo guide, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                My TiVo guide says WBIN is doing a different game. I haven't checked WBIN's site, though. It could be wrong. My TiVo guide, that is.
                                Comcast just updated the game on my DVR this morning which has the correct time and teams.
                                - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X