tUMD @ UAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ UAA

Time for the Bulldogs to make up for last weekends embarrassing performance and curbstomp UAA.

Couple of questions for UAA fans:

After last years' team, why has this one made such a big step backwards?

What UAA players should I watch?

I think UMD manages a split, as we never seem to play that great up there.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ UAA

If my memory is correct, UAA has been swept twice at home this season, and a SINGLE sweep hasn't been done in quite a few seasons, until this year.

I say tUMD is REALLY PO'd about this past weekend's performance, and sweeps.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      If my memory is correct, UAA has been swept twice at home this season, and a SINGLE sweep hasn't been done in quite a few seasons, until this year.

I say tUMD is REALLY PO'd about this past weekend's performance, and sweeps.
      UMD hasn't swept there over 15 years. Doing so would partially make up for last weekends godawful performance. I think they can...but will they? We will find out

#curbstompUAA
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

To answer your question, it's basically two things...

1. Anemic Offense - Over the past six games, they've only scored 13 goals. Not much scoring to work with.

2. Team Defense - They've been awful in 2012, giving up 29 goals in six games.

If we want points, Gunderson will have to stop a lot of shots and we need our scorers (Leinweber, Cameron, and Naslund) to step up and put the puck in the net.

It's a battle between heart and brain...my heart says the Seawolves get at least a point, but my brain thinks UMD sweeps.
        Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Time for the Bulldogs to make up for last weekends embarrassing performance and curbstomp UAA.

Couple of questions for UAA fans:

After last years' team, why has this one made such a big step backwards?

What UAA players should I watch?

I think UMD manages a split, as we never seem to play that great up there.
          UAA started out the season very strong, winning their tourney as well as the one in _airbanks. They beat SCSU and Nebraska Omaha in those two tournaments. Then the wheels came off. One player left the team for personal family issues, one left because he didn't like college, and we had a ton of injuries. Then our leading scorer left after Christmas break. The team has been short handed and injured, and right now I believe it is more mental than physical. When they set their minds to playing great hockey they can, but there are too many mental lapses on the ice and the D isn't helping our goalies, who have also been struggling much more than last season.

I think they can still turn it around, but they have to change their mindset and believe in themselves. Not easy to do with what they have been going through.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Suze pretty much breaks it down perfectly. UAA is a good team, but it's been the mental aspect that's been killing this team. This team just needs to get back to its defense-first style and hope they can steal some points against a really good hockey team.
            Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              UAA started out the season very strong, winning their tourney as well as the one in _airbanks. They beat SCSU and Nebraska Omaha in those two tournaments. Then the wheels came off. One player left the team for personal family issues, one left because he didn't like college, and we had a ton of injuries. Then our leading scorer left after Christmas break. The team has been short handed and injured, and right now I believe it is more mental than physical. When they set their minds to playing great hockey they can, but there are too many mental lapses on the ice and the D isn't helping our goalies, who have also been struggling much more than last season.

I think they can still turn it around, but they have to change their mindset and believe in themselves. Not easy to do with what they have been going through.
              It can be tough losing players on a team, but even tougher when you start losing games and confidence. You guys are making me like our chances of gaining more than 2 points this weekend. This series comes at a good time for UMD who needs a team to rack up some wins against to regain their winning ways and confidence.
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

UAA's top line is big, physical and disruptive. Leinweber is up there too. Unfortunately for the Seawolves UMD has MORE talent.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  UAA's top line is big, physical and disruptive. Leinweber is up there too. Unfortunately for the Seawolves UMD has MORE talent.
                  As they always are, hopefully UMD can take more than twO points. Anything less will be shocking.

#curbstompUAA
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Up your Biddy! You guys have a bad weekend, you're still defending champs. Don't be stealing our **** angry face! Boy that makes me... that just makes me...
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Up your Biddy! You guys have a bad weekend, you're still defending champs. Don't be stealing our **** angry face! Boy that makes me... that just makes me...
                      I was angry when I made it. I cannot help you cannot tell the differences in threads
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        I was angry when I made it. I cannot help you cannot tell the differences in threads
                        You're right, I'm being silly, asking a Gophers Lite fan to not steal from others is too much
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

You're right, I'm being silly, asking a Gophers Lite fan to not steal from others is too much
                          Well, of course you're being silly. You're a Jan Brady fan.

Comment

It wasn't stealing, I put an emoticon that fit how the team should feel this week. I cannot help that our rivals down Minnesota Trunk Highway 23 use it. #curbstompUAA
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Bump

UMD SWEEPS!
                              "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Working...
                              X