This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    That feeling of getting kicked in the balls.

Yep ... that's how it feels today.
    At least you are not a Merrimack fan whose season is done barring so conference tournament miracles. As a Merrimack fan I will now be rooting for our valley rival in the NCAAs. Good luck Riverhawks the rest of the way.
    Rinks Visited
    DCU Center
    Tulley Forum
    TD Garden
    Tsongas Arena
    J. Thom Lawler Arena
    Conte Forum
    Whittemore Center
    Agganis Arena
    Verizon Center
    Gutterson Fieldhouse
    Matthews Arena
    Thompson Arena
    Mullins Center
    Alfond Arena
    Schneider Arena
    Magness Arena
    Ingallas Arena
    Hart Center
    Prudential Center
    TD Bank Sports Center
    John A Ryan
    Lynah Rink
    Appleton Arena
    Cheel Arena
    Germain Arena
    XL Center
    Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Lowell just has to hope for no ridiculou upsets, which means rooting for BC and Michigan. Puke.

It's really hard keeping this season in perspective and not focusing on just this past weekend. 'Hawks need to get rested, get healthy and get their heads on straight. There's no second chances left if they make the dance.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        That feeling of getting kicked in the balls.

Yep ... that's how it feels today.
        I'm used to it... but I'm not up there... if I were I would have lost my voice screaming in anger. Right now the only thing that has me up beat is that I'll be taking a trip sometime next week.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          I'm used to it... but I'm not up there... if I were I would have lost my voice screaming in anger. Right now the only thing that has me up beat is that I'll be taking a trip sometime next week.
          Be a few more days before my voice comes back...
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

I'll also second that this might be a blessing in disguise. This team, for whatever reason, seems to lack stamina... 3rd game in 4, 3rd in 6, whatever. Take a couple of days off, a bit of community outreach and headclearing, and then right back to work. Undoubtedly, the book is out on us... we'll just have to come with enough energy to beat what gets thrown at us.

Either case, the off-season will be key to next year given that stamina/strength issue.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              It's really hard keeping this season in perspective and not focusing on just this past weekend. 'Hawks need to get rested, get healthy and get their heads on straight. There's no second chances left if they make the dance.
              A very frustrating weekend indeed, but this quote from today's Lowell Sun should help keep the season in perspective.

This team exceeded not just all expectations but all conceivable dreams by winning 23 games, being nationally-ranked in the top 10 most of the winter, finishing in second place in Hockey East, getting home ice for the tournament, and probably garnering an NCAA bid.
              It's going to be tough watching and waiting to see how things work out regarding the NCAA bid. Hopefully if the team makes it they will stay in the east for the fans /students sake.

Speaking of the students, what a great turnout this weekend. They really showed up to support the team, even while on spring break. I loved how they chanted UML after the game had ended to salute the team. They've been great all season long and the student support seems to keep growing. Although the overall attendance for the weekend was down from the regular season average the university did a great job of getting almost 12,000 fans into the building for the three game series.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                Be a few more days before my voice comes back...
                This is why I have a cowbell Literally lost my voice for weeks about 10 yrs ago after one of our better seasons and have never quite recovered it. Of course I also had a cowbell then too
                Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                A very frustrating weekend indeed, but this quote from today's Lowell Sun should help keep the season in perspective.

It's going to be tough watching and waiting to see how things work out regarding the NCAA bid. Hopefully if the team makes it they will stay in the east for the fans /students sake.

Speaking of the students, what a great turnout this weekend. They really showed up to support the team, even while on spring break. I loved how they chanted UML after the game had ended to salute the team. They've been great all season long and the student support seems to keep growing. Although the overall attendance for the weekend was down from the regular season average the university did a great job of getting almost 12,000 fans into the building for the three game series.
                Second this. I also loved how the players reacted to that chanting at the end. Looked like heartfelt gratitude. And Gumby still rules~!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLWeatherman View Post
                  Pretty sure I did it right, and call me pessimistic, but I did all lower seeds winning throughout and Lowell didn't budge in the PWR. Just put them in a tie for 9th, with ND, instead of having it by themselves.

It would add 5 teams with autobids if all lower seeds win.
                  I used it and lowell would finish 9th in pwr. I hope i did it right.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLWeatherman View Post
                    Pretty sure I did it right, and call me pessimistic, but I did all lower seeds winning throughout and Lowell didn't budge in the PWR. Just put them in a tie for 9th, with ND, instead of having it by themselves.

It would add 5 teams with autobids if all lower seeds win.
                    Yeah... the push and pull is kinda funny... its just the right sequence of things... the Sioux Sports blog gives 13-16th a 1.5% chance... I don't know if all of those scenarios puts us out. We'll know if we're in serious trouble real quick on Friday.

Games to Watch:

Thursday... both WCHA games... Denver and/or NoDak finding an unfortunate demise makes life better.

Friday... BC/PC... Eagles win = Scott Donnelly's inbox exploding.
                    ... BU/Maine... BU winning may put Maine behind us
                    ... Union/Colgate Cornell/Harvard... Union and Cornell winning may mean they'll pass us... but it takes away an autobid from the pool.
                    CCHA... Miami/WMU Michigan/BGSU.... put down the upstarts... WMU losing may put them out but it still gives us another brake. Michigan stops BGSU from grabbing the auto-bid.
                    WCHA... Minnesota and UMD winning will stop No Dak and Denver from running the table and causing other chaos.

Most important: BC... most if not all scenarios require Providence to win HEA as they become a TUC. BC wins I'd have a hard time believing we're staying home.

At 1.5% probability I suspect there are other things going on that i haven't seen yet... but 1.5% is also, approximately a 6 game swing at 50-50 odds. So we need about that many results going wrong (it probably varies... maybe 4, maybe 7) for us to be stuck.
                    Last edited by Patman; 03-12-2012, 09:18 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

My head hurts. This is why I come on here- so someone else can do the calculating.

Comment

Happy Birthday Patronick!

Comment

Thanks
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            Lowell just has to hope for no ridiculou upsets, which means rooting for BC
                            That's gonna be pretty hard for leswp1 to do...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              That's gonna be pretty hard for leswp1 to do...
                              Not just her....
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

In terms of watching the 'Hawks play somewhere local, I think the best chance is for BU to beat BC in the finals. That gives BU a legit shot at a #1 seed, and then Lowell/Maine can both be 2's/3's in Worcester or Bridgeport.

This again is assuming other things break our way. Here's to hoping.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X