Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (2/3, 2/4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (2/3, 2/4)

Freak Out game vs. Colgate on Satuday, and the RPI-Cornell game on Friday will be televised.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (2/3, 2/4)

As of right now, I am *considering* making the trip to Troy on Saturday. Question is, with this being the "Big Red Freakout" game, will there still be tickets available? Or am I better off calling during the week and purchasing in advance?
    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
      As of right now, I am *considering* making the trip to Troy on Saturday. Question is, with this being the "Big Red Freakout" game, will there still be tickets available? Or am I better off calling during the week and purchasing in advance?
      Best bet is to build a time machine, go back about two months and you'll get a seat with a good view. Barring that, you should be able to get a ticket if you call during the week but it may be behind a column. Definitely don't wait until the night of or you'll likely be out of luck.
      APBWiki

Comment

Clicking through Union's online ticketing system - seems like tickets for Cornell on Saturday are moving pretty quick. Could definitely be a SRO crowd at this pace. Seems like sales are slower for Colgate on Friday. Probably a good idea to get tickets in advance rather than at the door (esp for Sat it seems).

http://unionathleticstickets.univers...t_listings.asp

Comment

Huge weekend for RPI. We are either on the way towards finishing the league schedule on a roll-or the last 2 weeknds were just a blip on the screen. I do not know what our record has been for nationally televised games(although I suspect it is not sterling), but I personally hate all the TV timeouts which just slow the game down. Have no clue how we will fare either night. Against Cornell we may have to really find a way to get our struggling offense to find a way to score. Every year they seem to just shut us down even when we have a much higher scoring team. Against Colgate-we have to do what no one else seems to be able to do-shut down Austin Smith. We better pay attention on the power play (perhaps use 2 defensemen at the points) as he has 6 short handed goals and you have to respect that. The way things stand now-I'd be very happy with a split any way we can get it.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I want wins a bad as everyone else, particularly for this group of kids, but if we play anything like we played against Clarkson I'll be a happy guy. I still cannot believe that we lost that game. It was a full 60 min and I thought we controlled the play, were able to break out of our end easily, hemmed them in their end, had multiple great scoring opportunities, etc. I am looking at that game as one of those 1-offs where you dominate the game but the stars line against you and you lose. I'll tell you this - we play like we did on Saturady night, and this record reverses itself.

Comment

If anyone is thinking about going to the Cornell @ Union game:

A limited number of standing room tickets are still available for $5 each, as seats for the Cornell game have sold out. Alumni Gym ticket office hours are 9AM-4PM today through Friday.
              http://unionathleticstickets.univers...t_listings.asp

Could try calling the ticket office, 518-388-6020.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Against Cornell we may have to really find a way to get our struggling offense to find a way to score. Every year they seem to just shut us down even when we have a much higher scoring team.
                Not to worry - this is not yesterday's lock-down stingy D Cornell team. We're finding ways to give up buckets of goals this year, particularly in the 3rd period. Keep it close through 2 and you'll have a pretty good shot at a W.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Not to worry - this is not yesterday's lock-down stingy D Cornell team. We're finding ways to give up buckets of goals this year, particularly in the 3rd period. Keep it close through 2 and you'll have a pretty good shot at a W.
                  Are you just trying to make me feel good? If so-it is working
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    We haven't beaten you guys without a shutout in 12 years. You mean there's a chance we might actually do it this year?

Sweet.

Comment

as a reminder, because the game is being broadcast on NBC Sports, gametime is 7:30pm.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Nice to see NBC Sports has already advertised the RPI/Cornell game 2-3 times tonight during the Rangers-Sabres game, and the first period isn't even over yet.
                        APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                          Nice to see NBC Sports has already advertised the RPI/Cornell game 2-3 times tonight during the Rangers-Sabres game, and the first period isn't even over yet.
                          I'm glad they're taking this hockey investment seriously. Have you ever seen an ad for ESPNU or CBSCS college hockey games during the regular season?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Against Colgate-we have to do what no one else seems to be able to do-shut down Austin Smith. We better pay attention on the power play (perhaps use 2 defensemen at the points) as he has 6 short handed goals and you have to respect that.
                            It's not a one-man band, as so many advertise. You might want to keep an eye on his linemates, Chris Wagner and Joey Wilson, two guys that kill you with assists but also are capable of scoring goals, to wit: see last week's Saturday nite Cornell game, Period 3
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Nice write up on RPI vs Cornell
                              http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=614677
                              BUT there was one 6'4" mistake. Unless DU's Scott Mayfield has transferred to Cornell since last Saturday, don't expect to see him in the game.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X