X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    On the surface, you would have to think that the loss of 2 of NU's better forwards would certainly hurt their chances against BC.
    Beneath the surface as well. That's two thirds of a pretty good first line who will miss the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      . You know Bitetto & company are going to try to bait Gaudreau by going after him post whistle just like they have in all 3 games this year -as you said, stay disciplined.
      Why should they bother. I still haven't seen Gaudreau look like he might actually hit back. He a shooter - not a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
        Why should they bother. I still haven't seen Gaudreau look like he might actually hit back. He a shooter - not a fighter.
        Bait him into a stupid penalty. Haven't you heard he's next in line of BC's midget divers/slashers

Comment

Bait him into a stupid penalty. Haven't you heard he's next in line of BC's midget divers/slashers
          Truth. Although this only becomes a fact when said player:
          A) scores 40+ pts in a season or 20+ goals in a season.
          AND
          B) is accused of such chicanery by a limp-wristed facepainting fanboy from BU on the internet.

A leads to B. And once it's posted on the internet, it's the truth. Especially coming from all those very smart hockey fans at BU (you know, the ones that don't know the basic rules like slashing).
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Especially coming from all those very smart hockey fans at BU (you know, the ones that don't know the basic rules like slashing).
            But they wear jerseys!!!1111!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              Well, will we be surprise if another 1goal game?.
              BC wins by 4.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                BC wins by 4.
                I hate it when I'm wrong!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

You know Bitetto & company are going to try to bait Gaudreau by going after him post whistle just like they have in all 3 games this year -as you said, stay disciplined.
                  Right on the money as I believe it was Bitteto delivering a completely unnecessary chop to Gaudreau late in the game. Same sequence where Dongara picked up a double minor and was seen playing with his hair in the penalty box.

Couldn't help but laugh at the 2nd penalty called on Kreider. It's those types of inconsequential calls that drive me crazy. Why can't these guys just stay out of the game and call blatant/obvious penalties that impact the game?

Wow, Northeastern was god awful tonight. Nice touch by the students doing the minutes countdown a la NU students in 2009. A little payback...felt good. Hopefully a blowout win like this serves as a necessary confidence boost.

Milner ain't pretty a lot of the time, but it's hard to argue with his W/L record right now. BTW, is it just me, or does he make himself look small in the net? He's listed at 6'1"...two inches taller than Muse. I don't get that impression when I watch his technique, however.

If this team overlooks UVM and somehow loses up there, I will pull out the remaining hair I have left.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    I hate it when I'm wrong!
                    LOL. See you guys next week.

Comment

If they lose to Vermont after this torching of NU, it would really puzzle me about this team. Please, just play solid hockey and win convincingly over the last place team before the Beanpot Final with BU.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

They don't even have to win big for me...just don't go up there and somehow lose the game. They haven't exactly played their best hockey in burlington since uvm joined hockey east.

Comment

added mini-gallery to recap - http://bit.ly/bcnubp1

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

If this team overlooks UVM and somehow loses up there, I will pull out the remaining hair I have left.
                            lol ............and Milner, when he gave up that goal after the whistle from the blue line in the first that would have made it 2-2, i just cringed and wondered how many NU was going to get off him but nice job after a kind of shaky start even though some of the rebounds he spit up were really head scratchers. another solid game from our D-men............. are we going to miss #2 when he leaves or what? . Seriously, he is a man among boys out there

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              lol ............and Milner, when he gave up that goal after the whistle from the blue line in the first that would have made it 2-2,
                              ??? that would have made it 1-0 nu
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Right on the money as I believe it was Bitteto delivering a completely unnecessary chop to Gaudreau late in the game. Same sequence where Dongara picked up a double minor and was seen playing with his hair in the penalty box.

Couldn't help but laugh at the 2nd penalty called on Kreider. It's those types of inconsequential calls that drive me crazy. Why can't these guys just stay out of the game and call blatant/obvious penalties that impact the game?

Wow, Northeastern was god awful tonight. Nice touch by the students doing the minutes countdown a la NU students in 2009. A little payback...felt good. Hopefully a blowout win like this serves as a necessary confidence boost.

Milner ain't pretty a lot of the time, but it's hard to argue with his W/L record right now. BTW, is it just me, or does he make himself look small in the net? He's listed at 6'1"...two inches taller than Muse. I don't get that impression when I watch his technique, however.

Hit the nail on the head across the board there.

It was Bitetto, he has some ax to grind with Gaudreau.

I was afraid with the week+ layoff how they would come out. After the first shift they came buzzing. NU simply couldn't match up with Almeida-Arnold-Whitney. Agreed on Kreider, it's comical how bad they are.

As for Milner size thing, he seems to crouch down all the time which probably makes it appear he's smaller than he really is.

The 2009 countdown was amazing, too bad they didn't throw in a 1988.

Comment

Working...
                                X