This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Not sure what to make of this bracket. Air Force is the annual AHA toss-up, they are playing well so it could be a tough game.

And what about Bridgeport? That's a soft bracket. If I were BU I'd be BS I'm not there.
    Last edited by Zudnic; 03-18-2012, 11:45 AM.
    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
      BC has recently got their biggest two tests of the season at the end of the year by teams whose records on the year that were 13-18-5 and 14-20-4 this year.

They also lost in the first round after not being ready to play last year. There is no chance Jerry York allows this team to overlook Air Force.
      No, the team won't overlook AFA. Anyone who does nowadays is a fool with the scares and upsets they've put into people. As someone who considers AFA my second favorite team, I would be shocked if they don't keep this a very close game. They are the hardest working, most pain in the *** team to play against. In a good way. Except when they beat CC.

Big ones to watch for AFA are their senior blue line pairing of Scott Mathis and Tim Kirby. They are about as good as it gets back there. Both good puck movers, both responsible defensively. Anyway, sorry to hijack here. I'll wait until the game/regional thread.
      Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
      -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
        And what about Bridgeport? I can see BC drawing Union in the national semi.
        I don't think that is possible. With ND being the fourth 1 seed, the NE bracket winner lines up with that bracket winner in the semis.

BC/North Dakota in the semis a distinct possibility again. But I don't want to look past AFA or BC/HE will freak out.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Not sure what to make of this bracket. Air Force is the annual AHA toss-up, they are playing well so it could be a tough game.

And what about Bridgeport? That's a soft bracket. If I were BU I'd be BS I'm not there.
          We should just expect every game to be tough from here on out. Yes, Air Force is good, but it's still the most favorable matchup for BC in a virtual home game. If BC can't take advantage of that, shame on them. If they can't beat Air Force, they wouldn't be able to beat a tougher team down the line.

As for BU, they have no complaints. They belong in St. Paul.

Comment

So how long until ESPN loses the rights to this tournament to NBC? I like Buccigross but that was terrible, half these games aren't even on tv

Comment

Hard-to-get TV coverage of the Regional plus Maine & BC in Worcester mean that the Northeast Regional could challenge the West Regional for attendance supremacy. Xcel is a bigger building by about 20%-25% though.

AFA will bring in a small contingent, all aboard F-16s and B1Bs
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Wait... so that little midget greaseball was on the BC bench at the end of the game last night? What a gd jerk.
                Like he gives a **** about hockey. He's done a good job of ruining the football program, let's hope he doesn't touch hockey.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I would anticipate this year's West regional in St. Paul easily breaking whatever the highest total attendance figure is for any regional under the current format (since 2003).

Comment

Was hoping to get tickets just for Saturday first, but that wasn't an option (thanks NCAA/Worcester). caved and bought three tickets in section 231. it's center ice in between the lower section and balcony. it's called the upper section and should be behind the BC bench. join us!

Comment

BC gets a punching bag in Air Force and a sagging UMD team. See you in Tampa.
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Probably impossible to keep up that pace for 60, but for the first 20 alone...stunned Maine. It was a severe haymaker. Maine settled into the game nicely after that I thought, but BC never truly let them back in the game and the back breaker goal at the end of the 2nd.
                        mentioned it in the other thread but Milner with 3-4 huge saves in the first 2 minutes was big. If Maine scores early , the complexion of the game may have been different. The Black Bears were really good after the first and Sullivan i thought had a great game for them. I'm not thrilled they are in our bracket. The Union bracket is pathetic. Maine should be there and UML in Worcester........

Comment

That seems to be a recurring theme with Bridgeport now, especially with an ECAC team as the #1 seed. Now, Union is a good/very good team, but I still don't see them advancing to Tampa. I'd imagine Miami is thrilled with that bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            BC gets a punching bag in Air Force and a sagging UMD team. See you in Tampa.
                            I see Maine and UMD punching themselves silly in the late game and the winner, playing a rested BC team the next day. Hopefully BC gets by AFA, not necessarily an easy game despite AFA being #16 seed.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              That seems to be a recurring theme with Bridgeport now, especially with an ECAC team as the #1 seed. Now, Union is a good/very good team, but I still don't see them advancing to Tampa. I'd imagine Miami is thrilled with that bracket.
                              I took $hit when I said that in teh bracketology thread months ago, it's constantly a joke bracket

Comment

Air Force upset Michigan a few years ago in Bridgeport and almost nipped UVM in OT...I'm impressed with Milner's progression and how well York always has his team playing in March and April, but be careful what you wish for...I'd also imagine everyone in the entire building besides BC fans will be rooting as hard as they can for AFA.

Comment

Working...
                                X