This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Well hopefully we got that turd out of our system.

For the love of god hit someone.

Watching a little on replay the puck was bouncing everywhere last night, looked like Mullane's goal literally hit a divot and took off.

Comment

Last night I saw an elbow to the head quickly followed by a rabbit-punch to the same guy lying on the ice called as "interference" - two minutes. This came right after a hockey stop to keep from running the goalie was interpreted as kicking the puck. Are these the "good signs" B.C. can take comfort from?

Comment

Watched it on replay a few times and at least one of the views looked like he kicked it in.

Anyway, when you don't play well but are bailed out by a goalie that lost his job at one point this year, that's a good sign.

Who are you anyway? I thought you only started really dumb threads.

Comment

And he didn't stop to avoid milner. Milner wasn't even in his path.

Comment

That was clearly kicked in.
            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Without a doubt, watched it on replay this morning. Clear as day.

Let's see the killer instinct tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                Wasn't a stinker for Parker Milner.
                or Gaudreau, but you get what i'm sayin...........

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  And he didn't stop to avoid milner. Milner wasn't even in his path.
                  The goalie would have been flattened if the forward hadn't made a sudden right turn (hockey stop). I have never seen anyone successfully kick a puck while both his skates were engaged in a hard rink turn or hockey stop - redirect the puck maybe, but not "kick". A subtle distinction, perhaps, but subtle distinctions are what distinguish good calls from lousy ones. The overhead view of the disallowed goal convinced me that was a lousy call.

Comment

On to the garden but just stumbled on this

Merrimack & Maine game: 50 total penalties for a combined 184 minutes, with 7 players tossed

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                      The goalie would have been flattened if the forward hadn't made a sudden right turn (hockey stop). I have never seen anyone successfully kick a puck while both his skates were engaged in a hard rink turn or hockey stop - redirect the puck maybe, but not "kick". A subtle distinction, perhaps, but subtle distinctions are what distinguish good calls from lousy ones. The overhead view of the disallowed goal convinced me that was a lousy call.
                      The overhead view couldn't have been clearer. He moved his foot forward to put the puck in the net.

There is really no debate about that one. Toot Cahoon didn't even debate it after the game.
                      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Milner was playing the shot and on the complete opposite side of the crease. Guzzo was nowhere near Milner at any point during that sequence. Stopping does not equal a "sudden right turn".

Comment

Last night I saw an elbow to the head quickly followed by a rabbit-punch to the same guy lying on the ice called as "interference" - two minutes. This came right after a hockey stop to keep from running the goalie was interpreted as kicking the puck. Are these the "good signs" B.C. can take comfort from?
                          Toot? Is that you?

Comment

Speaking of Don Cahoon, what is the story behind "Toot"?

Comment

He has gas.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                He has gas.
                                Good one!!

Comment

Working...
                                X