X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    #PensTrivia #5... Which #Pens player won the NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship in 2001? And what school did he win it with?

Anyone? Anyone?
    I hope you answered Andrew Orpik.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      I hope you answered Andrew Orpik.
      Crosby?
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
        Crosby?
        nooooooooo Steve, he said "won" the NCAA championship, so it has to be Kolanos because HE won it

Comment

no word yet from The Kid on the goaltender monday night but you gotta think it's Milner's job to lose right now

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            no word yet from The Kid on the goaltender monday night but you gotta think it's Milner's job to lose right now
            Have to assume it's Milner.

It'll be interesting to see how he (or Billett) performs on a big stage. Obviously this game will not decide how this season ultimately plays out but the goalies need some big game exposure.

Comment

Has Billet been fryed in the skillet? Apparently so. Too bad old York is to senile to see that.
              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                Has Billet been fryed in the skillet? Apparently so. Too bad old York is to senile to see that.
                Don't you mean two senile??

Milner is still all over the place for me; I would actually prefer venti at this point
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  Milner is still all over the place for me; I would actually prefer venti at this point
                  I'm not in love with Milner either and think Billett has a brighter future as our #1, but fact is Milner is 12-5-0.

I would not prefer Venti -great story but no thanks. Have trouble factoring in Fenway, sh*tty ice led to few opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    I'm not in love with Milner either and think Billett has a brighter future as our #1, but fact is Milner is 12-5-0.

I would not prefer Venti -great story but no thanks. Have trouble factoring in Fenway, sh*tty ice led to few opportunities.
                    Agree.

Comment

Billets fryed. Two many doughboys
                      sure why not

Comment

Bump. Page three???? You're ****ting me right???
                        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

It's pretty funny to see all these teams put up 5+ goals around the league and that seems like it would be impossible for this program to put up on the board right now.

5+ goal games:
                          Maine: 10
                          BU: 7
                          Lowell: 7
                          UNH: 6
                          PC: 6
                          BC: 6

Now, consider that BC has not accomplished this at all in their last 11 games and scored 5+ in 5 of their first 9. I know they lost Hayes and Atkinson and Gibbons and Whitney but this is very pedestrian for the BC program. With a sketchy defense on most nights and goaltending issues (which I think is a minor problem at this point), the offense needs to put more goals on the board. Need to get moving with the PP.

Here's the question for Monday. Will they benefit from the weekend off or will it be a detriment?
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                            Bump. Page three???? You're ****ting me right???
                            i know it

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            It's pretty funny to see all these teams put up 5+ goals around the league and that seems like it would be impossible for this program to put up on the board right now.
                            it does seem an impossibility at this point ..............it would have been nice to see UML or Mack lose a point last night but didnt happen. we are hanging on to 4th by hair and Maine charging fast. The chances of holding on the home ice, while not an impossibility doesn't look great, though we do have a favorable last two weekends. The two vs Mack are huge, as is the point we blew against them back in January though i suppose we were lucky to get the tie on the disallowed Mack goal in OT

Comment

You do realize BC has six points up for grabs against UVM. MC and Lowell play each other three times. I'd be shocked if BC didn't get home ice. Merrimack still is playing poorly. I see them or Maine in 5th at end of season.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                                You do realize BC has six points up for grabs against UVM. MC and Lowell play each other three times. I'd be shocked if BC didn't get home ice. Merrimack still is playing poorly. I see them or Maine in 5th at end of season.
                                yeah, i do and two of the six are next friday in the dreaded game in between Beanpot mondays, in Burlington. ..............

Comment

Working...
                                X