X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    I've seen it at Maine.
    Yes, Maine does it. It's nice to hear the players talk about their experiences as a student-athlete. Sometimes it's difficult to get the mic out of their hands, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Yes, Maine does it. It's nice to hear the players talk about their experiences as a student-athlete. Sometimes it's difficult to get the mic out of their hands, though.
      I've only been to Maine once for a senior day, but loved it. Wasn't quite sure that Frankie Doyle would ever stop though. Still wonder what the joke was with Prestin Ryan's sweater.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Unless my eyes were deceiving me, did I see the numbers of the seniors from the women's team on the boards instead of on the ice like in years past? I believe this was during the Merrimack game...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Unless my eyes were deceiving me, did I see the numbers of the seniors from the women's team on the boards instead of on the ice like in years past? I believe this was during the Merrimack game...
          Yes you did.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
            I've only been to Maine once for a senior day, but loved it. Wasn't quite sure that Frankie Doyle would ever stop though. Still wonder what the joke was with Prestin Ryan's sweater.
            It is a lot of fun. I can't help you with the sweater story. You are right on about Frankie Doyle, he, like others, love having a captive audience. There are a few inside jokes and stories told every year that only the players can relate to. Mostly, they thank their families, the coaching staff and fans, for their years at Maine as a student-athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              i had given my tix away for saturday to my buddy and his son so i had to buy one for myself and was only charged $15, they didnt nail me for a fee as they had before. One time it was $10 and i objected , i said as a season ticket holder i didnt think we should be charged that, so he said "ok, i'll only charge you $5" i said no thanks, the game wasn't sold out so i got extra 2 at the door...........i guess it's what ever they think that day........
              I figured I saved myself 40.00 for 2 tickets for game #1 and #2. I paid 10.00 each for 4 tickets.

If I did it online, they would have charged me 20.00 for my regular seat and 10.00 for a 2nd seat in the bleachers, and 10.00 processing fee for game #1. I ended up getting seats side by side at 10.00 each for games 1 and 2 for a total of 40.00. If I did it online, it would have cost me 80.00 all together. I was getting a 10.00 seat for a friend because he can't afford 20.00 ticket right now.

I don't understand why I can't buy them online and just pick them up at will call when I get to the game since I'm a season ticket holder for a long time. I mean is that unreasonable?????
              Last edited by BCeagle; 02-28-2012, 05:30 PM.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                No ice painting this year for either team.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Hopefully it's part of the schools budget cutbacks to buyout Spaz & GDF

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    Hopefully it's part of the schools budget cutbacks to buyout Spaz & GDF
                    we can only hope

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      I don't understand why I can't buy them online and just pick them up at will call when I get to the game since I'm a season ticket holder for a long time. I mean is that unreasonable?????
                      It it because BC uses ticketbastard as well? This type of thing has been a complaint of mine ever since BU went to using ticketmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        It it because BC uses ticketbastard as well? This type of thing has been a complaint of mine ever since BU went to using ticketmaster.
                        for games in conte they print the tickets themselves, there is no middleman

Comment

Posted this on EA, but this is absurd:

Jesse Todd was older on the first game his FR year at Merrimack than Johnny Gaudreau will be for the HE championship his senior year

Comment

Funny that no one seemed so riled up about this when Merrimack wasn't very good. The architect of Merrimack's turn around is a BC grad. There is no rule against it. Every kid growing up in New England now wants to play for BC. The only way UML, Merrimack, Maine, etc will be good is with older players. If you want to see bad hockey then fine.

Comment

in fairness, they have won 4 of last 12. the key was SD and JC, zero to replace going forward. If using same model of older kids, for example, 9-90 birthyear freshman this year, they will stay 4-7 but so what. Solid+ program and will continue to so so but will drop back well behind BU, BC, ME, UNH going forward. Still a huge upgrade and the model for recruiting will kep them out of the basement. just cant count on a JC wanting to be close to home and play for a program he can make a diffeence in and SD ghaving clearinghouse issues and taking off, as a 20 year old freshman. Notice Bobby Butler killing it at Ottawa and SD stuck in minors. MC cant get the Butlers of the world
                              Last edited by Hokydad; 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Which was my precise point. Merrimack, Lowell and other small schools in CCHA, WCHA will be better with older players. Only the real elite teams can gobble up real freshman with some exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X