X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    I think if everything is wrapped up it would make sense.

He's a senior, the players on the team absolutely love him. He's been servicable in his starts.
    I don't see why everything has to be wrapped up. He's good and he deserves it and I'd say that even if he hadn't started and won the freaking Fenway game and only lost his other start in OT.

Seniors should always start on senior night when possible (obviously 2 senior goalies can't or 3 D, etc.) and they should be expected to finish unless they F up (Donato pulled a senior ?2 years ago? after one period even though the kid had been playing great because apparently that was what he planned in advance).

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

The reasons for not starting him would be breaking up Milner's rhythm (a debatable point) and the national implications. I think BC could beat UVM if Madore was starting for BC, so I certainly think they can beat UVM with Venti in there...but you never know. I'd imagine a loss to UVM could hurt BC in the PWR substantially.

I'm not even against it, but I just don't see it happening. He didn't play well in the OT loss to Maine. I don't have any hard, sufficient evidence to conclude that he's good. You're not gonna see York shuffle lines (for the opening of the game) so that Carey and Almeida get announced together on the same line. Do you think Tommy Atkinson should dress and play on a line with them? The seniors get their due in the pregame ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        is a 25th b'day significant?
        i was told yesterday a 45th was special. i told her i would take her out to a nice dinner the night before, but i'd be playing golf on her birthday (last day of my club's invitational )
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          is a 25th b'day significant?
          Yes, you can run for Senate...
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            i was told yesterday a 45th was special. i told her i would take her out to a nice dinner the night before, but i'd be playing golf on her birthday (last day of my club's invitational )
            i would say that is a trade off where you got the better of it, nice job. As we know we have to take 'em when we can get 'em....................as far as Venti is concerned, i'd be shocked if Jerry starts him with something on the line. As someone said on EA, Jerry is a great guy but he's also a shark and he certainly smells blood (a trophy) in the water

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              Yes, you can run for Senate...
              it will be interesting to see what happens out there today

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                The reasons for not starting him would be breaking up Milner's rhythm (a debatable point) and the national implications. I think BC could beat UVM if Madore was starting for BC, so I certainly think they can beat UVM with Venti in there...but you never know. I'd imagine a loss to UVM could hurt BC in the PWR substantially.

I'm not even against it, but I just don't see it happening. He didn't play well in the OT loss to Maine. I don't have any hard, sufficient evidence to conclude that he's good. You're not gonna see York shuffle lines (for the opening of the game) so that Carey and Almeida get announced together on the same line. Do you think Tommy Atkinson should dress and play on a line with them? The seniors get their due in the pregame ceremony.
                Agreed with your sentiment. If there's a trophy on the line (re: we don't clinch Friday night) no way. This isn't a slight to Venti at all it's just that Milner is better and we're in college athletics where the goal isn't to make everyone feel good all the time it's to win. Please don't point to the Fenway game as evidence for Venti either, that game was played in slow motion. Venti is a great teammate and when he gets in you can see how the players feel about him through the reactions postgame.

I simply proposed it as an idea if everything is wrapped up. As for being able to beat UVM with him in, UVM is Merrimack 6 years ago bad.

Comment

I hate it when they charge 10.00 processing fee over the phone or internet. Now I have to drive over and buy them over at Conte.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    I hate it when they charge 10.00 processing fee over the phone or internet. Now I have to drive over and buy them over at Conte.
                    i had given my tix away for saturday to my buddy and his son so i had to buy one for myself and was only charged $15, they didnt nail me for a fee as they had before. One time it was $10 and i objected , i said as a season ticket holder i didnt think we should be charged that, so he said "ok, i'll only charge you $5" i said no thanks, the game wasn't sold out so i got extra 2 at the door...........i guess it's what ever they think that day........

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      I got the HE ticket letter last night including the gem of:
                      If you already ordered your QF tickets, they will be mailed as soon as we clinch home ice.

Extremely helpful for someone who doesn't remember he purchased the QF tickets to start the year. We clinched home ice what last weekend?

I'll buy my tickets for the QF Friday, it's a 7:30 start so I'll get there early and get it taken care of (and avoid the $10 processing fee). As for the garden not sure what I'm going to do yet. They said BC has a limited amount but you can order more than the number in your total season tickets ***? I think I'm going to head to the garden sometime next week and buy the cheapest tickets for Friday -esp if we're the 5:00 game, the place is going to be half empty.

Comment

I never buy the QF tickets ahead of time and obviously try to avoid buying online if at all possible. I'll be buying a ticket at the door for game two of the QF series. Haven't been to the HE semis/finals since 2003. I know I need to get back to one, but I've enjoyed taking in all the games from the different conferences on TV in recent years.

Comment

.............. The seniors get their due in the pregame ceremony.
                          Do the seniors address the fans at the end of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            As for the garden not sure what I'm going to do yet. They said BC has a limited amount but you can order more than the number in your total season tickets ***? I think I'm going to head to the garden sometime next week and buy the cheapest tickets for Friday -esp if we're the 5:00 game, the place is going to be half empty.
                            I am sure you saw Father's link on EA?? he has a phone number there with ticket prices and seems like no fee???

I never buy the QF tickets ahead of time and obviously try to avoid buying online if at all possible. I'll be buying a ticket at the door for game two of the QF series..
                            ditto, no point in buying ahead

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            Do the seniors address the fans at the end of the game?
                            honestly i forget. I don't believe so but my memory is shot to hell

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen the seniors address the fans. I don't even know what colleges do that...

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen the seniors address the fans. I don't even know what colleges do that...
                                I've seen it at Maine.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X