This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

FWIW the fourth and fifth goals came directly after great stops by Milner. Not saying the outcome would have been different but they were great bids by PC and Milner stoned 'em both and Eagles scored immediately in transition

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      I just checked out the '09-'10 Media Guide and I'm pretty sure that's the 2001 National Champion trophy. On page three is the Beanpot and Hockey East Tournament Trophy's at the Garden.

If they do present the RS trophy to the team after the game, I don't remember BC ever making that big a deal of it (been going since 1997). My guess is Bertagna just hands them the trophy, the captains hold it up and the team skates off into the sunset. Honestly, I don't ever remember it being a big deal. Now, winning the HE Tournament at the Garden.... that's a big deal, as well as NC.

I've seen UNH celebrate the RS trophy, 'live at the Whit', and it's no wonder they go nowhere in the post season. They celebrate the RS like they won the Stanley Cup. Have seen video of North Dakota winning the McNaughton Cup of the WCHA (I don't know if that is the RS or the Tourney trophy), but my goodness... you'd think they won the Stanley Cup, the World Series and the Super Bowl all at once. It's a huge production.

Personally, if BC is planning on making a big deal of the RS trophy, I hope they come in 2nd place.
      The bottom line to me is that a trophy is a trophy and you want to win them all. That's why I was upset when we lost in the GLI. There's no such thing as too much silverware. And this weekend poses a rare and special opportunity to win a trophy on home ice in front of the home fans, something that doesn't come around often. I'm excited for it and hoping it can be sewn up Friday.

There are much bigger trophies to play for but they won't be handing those out next weekend. The chance to take this one home should keep BC sharp and ready to roll as they hope to carry their run into the playoffs.

Now here's the discussion question....our three potential playoff opponents are NU, UMass or, theoretically, Providence (unlikely). Who do we want? I think NU is a slightly better team than UMass, but I'd like to see UMass drop below the TUC line. BC should have no problem with either at home, but who knows.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

I've been saying it for a while...give me UMass. Revenge and the chance of helping your own cause by eliminating UMass as a TUC. The perfect storm. As for other Hockey East matchups, I'd love to see a BU-UNH QF. UML-Merrimack could be fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          Now here's the discussion question....our three potential playoff opponents are NU, UMass or, theoretically, Providence (unlikely). Who do we want? I think NU is a slightly better team than UMass, but I'd like to see UMass drop below the TUC line. BC should have no problem with either at home, but who knows.
          If the Eagles continue playing the way they have been, I'll take all comers. But given the PWR implications, we want UMass.

Regarding a RS Title celebration... I'm all for acknowledging the teams accomplishment on the ice (I'll give them a standing 'o'), but I'd hate to see a celebration anything like this. That's a bit much for a rs title celebration IMO.

Here's my idea for a RS celebration... 'Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 Hockey East Regular Season Champion Boston College Eagles". Fans: Hooray, standing ovation, clap, clap, clap... g'night everyone. See you next week.

We probably just jinxed the whole deal anyway, planning on something that hasn't been won yet.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Is it sick that I planned my trip to Disney around the hockey season as much as I could? As it is, I'm giving up this Saturday's game (senior night, possibly winning the title)...oops. Didn't see that in the forecast when I booked the trip. Will also miss game one of the QFs, but will be back for game two...hopefully sending the team off to the Garden.
            Oh not at all.

I reminded the ladyfriend about the next month of weekends what we could be looking at hockey-wise

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
            The bottom line to me is that a trophy is a trophy and you want to win them all. That's why I was upset when we lost in the GLI. There's no such thing as too much silverware. And this weekend poses a rare and special opportunity to win a trophy on home ice in front of the home fans, something that doesn't come around often. I'm excited for it and hoping it can be sewn up Friday.

There are much bigger trophies to play for but they won't be handing those out next weekend. The chance to take this one home should keep BC sharp and ready to roll as they hope to carry their run into the playoffs.

Re: Trophies. Agreed, in all the trophies I've been lucky enough to see BC collect, I still haven't seen a RS HE title in person. I hope this can get sewn up Friday night with NU stealing a point or two and have Saturday night be a senior night where Venti starts, etc.

Re: Who we want to play. Give me UMass. Get that ugly record out of TUC, but want that 4-0 against NU to stay in there. I hope BU goes to Sunday so I can make my way down to Agganis again like I did last year.
            Last edited by claver2010; 02-27-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

i think what we really need is Merrimack to sweep UMass and drop them from being a TUC AND out of the hockey east playoffs altogether. The PWR is more important than who we play in the first round IMO, if we are really anything it shouldn't matter the opponent at home in the QF's

Comment

claver, didn't think of the possibility of Venti starting Saturday night. that would be an interesting decision.

Comment

claver, didn't think of the possibility of Venti starting Saturday night. that would be an interesting decision.
                  I think if everything is wrapped up it would make sense.

He's a senior, the players on the team absolutely love him. He's been servicable in his starts.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    i think if everything is wrapped up it would make sense.

He's a senior, the players on the team absolutely love him. He's been servicable in his starts.
                    as a founding/chartered member of naps, it would make sense

Comment

Is it sick that I planned my trip to Disney around the hockey season as much as I could? As it is, I'm giving up this Saturday's game (senior night, possibly winning the title)...oops. Didn't see that in the forecast when I booked the trip. Will also miss game one of the QFs, but will be back for game two...hopefully sending the team off to the Garden.
                      what's sick is that you didn't plan it for after the FF, come on what's wrong with you?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        what's sick is that you didn't plan it for after the FF, come on what's wrong with you?
                        Haha had to plan it around March 2, my girlfriend's 25th birthday. Back when I did it, I didn't think anything of winning the RS title and I obviously completely forgot about senior night. Oh well. I made sure I would be around for the HE tournament and NCAA regionals...

You'll love this though. I have family in suburban Detroit and my cousin asked me to come out there for Sox opening day at the Tigers. I agreed. This was at a time when BC was playing their worst hockey of the season. So, I will be out there Thursday morning (Frozen Four Thursday). Won't be coming back till Sunday...

Comment

The good news is I get to plan the next vacation (destination and time)...I plan on holding on to that one for a while. It will certainly not come during the hockey season.

Comment

Haha had to plan it around March 2, my girlfriend's 25th birthday. Back when I did it, I didn't think anything of winning the RS title and I obviously completely forgot about senior night. Oh well. I made sure I would be around for the HE tournament and NCAA regionals...
                            is a 25th b'day significant?

You'll love this though. I have family in suburban Detroit and my cousin asked me to come out there for Sox opening day at the Tigers. I agreed. This was at a time when BC was playing their worst hockey of the season. So, I will be out there Thursday morning (Frozen Four Thursday). Won't be coming back till Sunday...
                            http://gotbible.blogspot.com/2008/06...tle-faith.html

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              is a 25th b'day significant?
                              To me? Absolutely not. To her? Yes. Women. In fact, every birthday of hers is big whereas my birthday is just another day.

I know, I know...but, come on! Be honest, who saw this current run coming? Shame on me I guess.

Comment

To me? Absolutely not. To her? Yes. Women. In fact, every birthday of hers is big whereas my birthday is just another day.

I know, I know...but, come on! Be honest, who saw this current run coming? Shame on me I guess.
                                not many saw it, let's just hope we can continue it. Looking forward to Friday already

Comment

Working...
                                X