This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

add - though while you would then get two additional wins against a tuc - that will still make the umass add 3-2-0 (.600) and your current tuc % is .6250. you'd be better off if you take umass out of the equation.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      I'm curious as to whether the Eagles would celebrate a RS title on the ice or not. It's a big thing at UNH, but I won't be surprised if the Eagles do their usual salute to the fans and then skate off to the locker room. Bigger fish to fry over the next few weeks.
      I don't think they have much of a choice to salute their fans and skate off into the locker room. When Joe Bertagna is standing there, on the ice with the trophy, I'm pretty sure Coach York and the captains accept it.

In the first page of the media guide from the 2009-10 season, there are a bunch of pictures of BC celebrations on the ice. The 2000-01 team is pictured at Kelley Rink with the regular season trophy.

The other nice thing about the games against Vermont is they are televised and are 7:30 starts. If BU does happen to slip up Friday night, BC will know about it before their game is over, so the presentation does not have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
        My First World Problem today
        *****http://i.imgur.com/b8exu.jpg******
        Thinking about it at the grocery store (cause this is what I think about in life), all 10 goals this weekend were on my side

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Thinking about it at the grocery store (cause this is what I think about in life), all 10 goals this weekend were on my side
          wow, that will never happen again. Providence scored 1 goal in the three games.........

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
            I don't think they have much of a choice to salute their fans and skate off into the locker room. When Joe Bertagna is standing there, on the ice with the trophy, I'm pretty sure Coach York and the captains accept it.

i probably should have realized that...............it's just been few and far between for RS titles on the past 10 or so years. When USCHO article said they are within grasp of a record 12th HE RS title i said to myself that that had to be wrong but they were right........of course BC won 6 of the first 7 so a lot of them were early on in HE and not so much during this run

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post

In the first page of the media guide from the 2009-10 season, there are a bunch of pictures of BC celebrations on the ice. The 2000-01 team is pictured at Kelley Rink with the regular season trophy.

The other nice thing about the games against Vermont is they are televised and are 7:30 starts. If BU does happen to slip up Friday night, BC will know about it before their game is over, so the presentation does not have to wait.
              I just checked out the '09-'10 Media Guide and I'm pretty sure that's the 2001 National Champion trophy. On page three is the Beanpot and Hockey East Tournament Trophy's at the Garden.

If they do present the RS trophy to the team after the game, I don't remember BC ever making that big a deal of it (been going since 1997). My guess is Bertagna just hands them the trophy, the captains hold it up and the team skates off into the sunset. Honestly, I don't ever remember it being a big deal. Now, winning the HE Tournament at the Garden.... that's a big deal, as well as NC.

I've seen UNH celebrate the RS trophy, 'live at the Whit', and it's no wonder they go nowhere in the post season. They celebrate the RS like they won the Stanley Cup. Have seen video of North Dakota winning the McNaughton Cup of the WCHA (I don't know if that is the RS or the Tourney trophy), but my goodness... you'd think they won the Stanley Cup, the World Series and the Super Bowl all at once. It's a huge production.

Personally, if BC is planning on making a big deal of the RS trophy, I hope they come in 2nd place.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I think it can vary from year to year, team to team and how it's won. For example, 2001 was special because they hadn't won it in a long time. I believe they wrapped it up with a pedestrian home win against NU. Don't remember a prolonged celebration, but they were still very excited.

The one that stands out is when BC trailed Maine 2-0 in the 3rd against jimmy howard and harrold tied the game as time was winding down. The tie gave them the title outright. That was pretty cool to be at.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Based on york's comments, I think it's a big deal to him and the players. I would say, especially with the position they were in after getting swept at maine. To me, it becomes unimportant when you aren't able to back it up, celebrate at the garden and raise the banner.
                  I'm not saying winning the RS is not a big deal. It is a big deal as it's one of the teams pre-season goals.
                  I just don't remember the team celebrating the RS title on the ice as being a big deal, or if they have ever done so at all.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Personally, if BC is planning on making a big deal of the RS trophy, I hope they come in 2nd place.
                    Or if we make the Garden, avoiding that first semifinal on Friday at 5. I still remember last year running in from a flight that landed at 4:40 at Logan

Then again we saw in 2009 #1 BU had the late game...

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      Lowell will lose at MC....
                      no comment

Comment

I just checked out the '09-'10 Media Guide and I'm pretty sure that's the 2001 National Champion trophy. On page three is the Beanpot and Hockey East Tournament Trophy's at the Garden.

If they do present the RS trophy to the team after the game, I don't remember BC ever making that big a deal of it (been going since 1997). My guess is Bertagna just hands them the trophy, the captains hold it up and the team skates off into the sunset. Honestly, I don't ever remember it being a big deal. Now, winning the HE Tournament at the Garden.... that's a big deal, as well as NC.

I've seen UNH celebrate the RS trophy, 'live at the Whit', and it's no wonder they go nowhere in the post season. They celebrate the RS like they won the Stanley Cup. Have seen video of North Dakota winning the McNaughton Cup of the WCHA (I don't know if that is the RS or the Tourney trophy), but my goodness... you'd think they won the Stanley Cup, the World Series and the Super Bowl all at once. It's a huge production.

Unfortunately, my laptop is very sensative about links in PDF, so I can't open it. But I am almost positive when you open the cover, on the right hand page are 9 photos of BC teams celebrating championships. From the Hockey East tournament title in 1998 (with Marty Reasoner as the captain) to the 2008 Hockey East Tournament title (with Mike Brennan as captain). If you look there should be two photos of Brian Gionta as captain holding trophies. In one, the Garden is in the background. The other has Kelley Rink in the background-- this is the regular season trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          no comment
                          Hope you didn't hurt your arm right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            no comment
                            But you did.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Obviously these are tough to dig out of the memory bank but I feel like they had the trophy and skated it around in a little bit in 2001 (it was the first one they won in a while spite of making all those FFs and NC games) and I am pretty sure when Harrold scored vs. Maine to get a tie at Conte a few years ago (along with some help in another arena), they got the trophy and skated it around.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                Or if we make the Garden, avoiding that first semifinal on Friday at 5. I still remember last year running in from a flight that landed at 4:40 at Logan

Then again we saw in 2009 #1 BU had the late game...
                                Is it sick that I planned my trip to Disney around the hockey season as much as I could? As it is, I'm giving up this Saturday's game (senior night, possibly winning the title)...oops. Didn't see that in the forecast when I booked the trip. Will also miss game one of the QFs, but will be back for game two...hopefully sending the team off to the Garden.

Hope you didn't hurt your arm right there.
                                Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                But you did.
                                Hahaha he makes it sound like Merrimack winning at home against UML is some monumental upset that only he saw coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X