X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Absolutely true. D3-6 have all made big jumps but Alber was horrendous for a good stretch and lately has been playing great hockey.

Don't underestimate how big the emergence of Macleod has been for this defense. He is getting more ice time and is playing well.
    MacLeod needs to work on his shots and one timers from the point. Dumoulin and Cross can give him pointers.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Absolutely true. D3-6 have all made big jumps but Alber was horrendous for a good stretch and lately has been playing great hockey.

Don't underestimate how big the emergence of Macleod has been for this defense. He is getting more ice time and is playing well.
      I know it's either you or Nick P but one of you tooted the Wey horn towards the end of last season and I pooh pooh'ed that (btw did anyone else see Happy Birthday Pu Ping get on the board, I chuckled) but jesus has Wey taken a step up post injury. The team D has improved as a whole but he has stood out to me the past couple of weeks.

Comment

Brought this up on EA but I was intrigued by how leaman handled the first period. No timeout, no goalie change, didn't even gather his team during a TV timeout. Looked like he was storming into the room at intermission though...prob let em have it. I don't know his coaching style but it's as if he was testing his team to see how they'd react on their own to adversity. Like he was seeing which guys he can count on going forward.

Comment

the last non-BU HE team to beat BC at Conte was UNH on 11/5/10 2-1

Comment

By the way, while we should wait for BC hockey attendance expert Brian Gentry to officially make a statement, I'd like to point out that BC had 7,419 for a SELLOUT at Conte. Hmmmmmmm... yea BC counts tickets sold. RIGHT!
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Re: macleod

Agree that the one area he needs to work on are his puck skills, including his shot. He's been very steady though.

Obviously wey didn't make a huge impact right away coming back from injury, but him getting into a groove has made it easy to roll out three consistent d pairings. That's all they need. They've had the exact same lineup for each win during the nine game streak.

Comment

My First World Problem today
                *****http://i.imgur.com/b8exu.jpg******
                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

#BCProblems

All 7 on my end

Comment

I was on the red line, beotches.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

By the way, while we should wait for BC hockey attendance expert Brian Gentry to officially make a statement, I'd like to point out that BC had 7,419 for a SELLOUT at Conte. Hmmmmmmm... yea BC counts tickets sold. RIGHT!
                      Colleges--and the NCAA--are whacked out when it comes to attendance. You watch when the NCAA (basketball) East Regionals are held in Boston in March. Attendance will soar over 19,000 even though the official capacity for TD Garden for basketball is 18,624. That's because they count press up in the halo as 'tickets sold.'
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        how has Alber gone from a player you never wanted to have the puck or be near it to where you are almost or even in fact are comfortable when he is on the ice especially in the offensive end? To me, very quietly he has improved his game big time........i know he isn't all world but for those of us who have seen almost all of his games, we understand the huge improvement
                        he had a high ankle sprain which lingers for a real long time. i would surmise he is finally healthy. he looks much quicker and that makes his decisions seem better than the plays he attempted earlier in the year. same with hayes really from the time the calendar turned.
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

OK BU won in OT 3-2

BC needs 3 pts. next weekend to clinch 1st place. VT has nothing to play for but looking to spoil BC's goal of finishing 1st in HE.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Duluth is going to be #1 in the PWR when this weekend shakes out...

#Dumb
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Duluth is going to be #1 in the PWR when this weekend shakes out...

#Dumb
                              this morning bc was winning the tuc comparison over umd .660 > .647
                              after tonight's games umd is now winning that .667 > .625

they won vs cc (added a W)
                              umass won and their rpi went above .500 becoming a tuc (added a W and two Ls to y'alls tuc record).

(umass and afa moved back into the tuc's after both falling out last night bringing the tuc list up to 32 teams from 30)
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mookie, so BC should be rooting for a chance at UMass in the playoffs to eliminate them as a TUC? I want UMass anyway...

Comment

Working...
                                X