• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    gotcha
    Now you have mail.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I know this is out of sequence with the thread, but just wanted to say congratulations to Coach York on 900 wins. OUTSTANDING achievement!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        3:30 start everyone.
        And at 3:30 and 29 seconds, it's 1-0 BC.

Boston Avalanche.
        Chris V
        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Total smoke show by Eagles. 5-0 after one

Comment

Gotta feel happy for Barry Almeida, who's put up 3 points already today in just the first period, giving him a 19-13-32 scoring line so far this year. This is a guy who tore up the EJHL and was projected to be a star college player but almost had his career ended from a very serious eye injury, an injury that still effects his sight to this day. He was stuck playing behind some pretty decent players the past few years, such as Gerbe, CAtkinson, Gibbons, JHayes, Smith, etc and only now in his Sr year has he been given the chance to be one of the main guys. Never put up more than 8 goals in any of his first 3 seasons and he's now closing in on 20 (19 as of today) with several more games to go. I hear he's a great kid as well.

Comment

Anybody watching on TV know what happened to sit?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Gotta feel happy for Barry Almeida, who's put up 3 points already today in just the first period, giving him a 19-13-32 scoring line so far this year. This is a guy who tore up the EJHL and was projected to be a star college player but almost had his career ended from a very serious eye injury, an injury that still effects his sight to this day. He was stuck playing behind some pretty decent players the past few years, such as Gerbe, CAtkinson, Gibbons, JHayes, Smith, etc and only now in his Sr year has he been given the chance to be one of the main guys. Never put up more than 8 goals in any of his first 3 seasons and he's now closing in on 20 (19 as of today) with several more games to go. I hear he's a great kid as well.
                As an opposing fan, Barry Almeida is a pain in the a**!! All kidding aside, yes, I'm a Maine fan, but I'm also a fan of the game, and hearing a story like that is awesome! He's one heckuva hockey player, and to find out what he's been through, and also to hear that he's a great kid too....wow....I wish much success to this young man....

Comment

Congrats on the regular season championship.

Comment

You could give PC 7 games and they wouldn't put up 7. They bring absolutely nothing offensively.

I've never been in love with Milner but I'm gaining more and more confidence in him (which really sprung from his Beanpot performance). Also the team D has improved greatly.

Gaudreau now has the most goals by a FR since Kobasew.

Have a good chance on clinching Friday night against UVM

Comment

100 wins for the Seniors. Congrats guys. It is a fantastic accomplishment.
                      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Anybody watching on TV know what happened to sit?
                        According to kid: Mike Sit has a minor lower body injury. Just kept him out because it was a blowout when he left the ice. He is fine.

Comment

Wow! I guess UVM and/or BU are getting no respect for next weekend.
                          Originally posted by Bumbles View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                            It aint over til it's over

Wait until next week or are you trying to give us the kiss of death ?
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

how has Alber gone from a player you never wanted to have the puck or be near it to where you are almost or even in fact are comfortable when he is on the ice especially in the offensive end? To me, very quietly he has improved his game big time........i know he isn't all world but for those of us who have seen almost all of his games, we understand the huge improvement

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                how has Alber gone from a player you never wanted to have the puck or be near it to where you are almost or even in fact are comfortable when he is on the ice especially in the offensive end? To me, very quietly he has improved his game big time........i know he isn't all world but for those of us who have seen almost all of his games, we understand the huge improvement
                                Absolutely true. D3-6 have all made big jumps but Alber was horrendous for a good stretch and lately has been playing great hockey.

Don't underestimate how big the emergence of Macleod has been for this defense. He is getting more ice time and is playing well.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X