This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I don't have any stats to back me up, but is he truly great with the glove? It almost looks to me like he makes a lot of saves with the glove because that's where everyone is taught to shoot on him. So, he makes a lot of saves with the glove but I'd bet a pretty big percentage of goals he gives up is also over the glove.
    Hard to say statistically. But visually, he is quite confident in his glove, ive seen him cheat to his stick side more than once to show the shooter space above his glove in attempt to bait them to shoot there.

But yeah it was clear as OT wore on he was looking less and less sharp at catching pucks. Not surprising the game winner beat him there. Also funny was the nesn special where cross mentioned that Arnold had beat him there earlier in the year. So you could be right that they have a solid book on how to beat him
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Ya, basically...shoot high glove whenever you can. Might not pay off immediately, but eventually you'll break through. Even on the Arnold GWG, if you watch that from the behind the net angle, Millan didn't play it well and kinda waved at it with his glove. That's a shot he could have stopped (no chance on the Kreider rocket).

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I don't have any stats to back me up, but is he truly great with the glove? It almost looks to me like he makes a lot of saves with the glove because that's where everyone is taught to shoot on him. So, he makes a lot of saves with the glove but I'd bet a pretty big percentage of goals he gives up is also over the glove.
        From seeing nearly every game Millan played his first three years, and many more this year, I'd have to say high glove is his weakest spot. He does make a lot of flashy glove saves, but I think that's because, like you say, he gets a lot of shots there. I've seen more soft goals scored on him high glove than anywhere else.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Apparently only 250 tickets left for tonight, should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            Apparently only 250 tickets left for tonight, should be fun.
            For the BU/VT game or BC/PC game?

Not necessarily an easy game for BC tonight but hopefully they're ready to play and have the #1 seed in mind. You have to respect each opponent and play your best hockey.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

Not necessarily an easy game for BC tonight but hopefully they're ready to play and have the #1 seed in mind. You have to respect each opponent and play your best hockey.
              I'm sure he means our game and no surprise, always sell outs or close to it when the Eagles are in the house............ Not an easy game at all, I am a bit apprehensive about tonight

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                I'm sure he means our game and no surprise, always sell outs or close to it when the Eagles are in the house............ Not an easy game at all, I am a bit apprehensive about tonight
                The BC road trippers saved one for me and happy to have a ticket for tonight. Last time I went there, there were plenty of seats. Have to hit the pizza place along the way.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I was more nervous about the game at Merrimack. Maybe that will come back to bite me, but who knows...

Comment

Correct for the game at Providence tonight.

Tomorrow is a sell out.

Comment

Tomorrow is a sell out.
                      I look forward to more uneducated posts about our attendance from BC expert Brian Gentry.
                      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-24-2012, 12:58 PM.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I hope they list it as 7,883

Comment

Leading goal scorer for PC (and they're only player with more than 8) Tim Schaller is not in the lineup tonight according to CHN

Kreider is good to go

Comment

The BC road trippers saved one for me and happy to have a ticket for tonight. Last time I went there, there were plenty of seats. Have to hit the pizza place along the way.
                            I know TTT20 doesnt agree but Caserta's on Federal Hill is great

Leading goal scorer for PC (and they're only player with more than 8) Tim Schaller is not in the lineup tonight according to CHN

Kreider is good to go
                            good deal and GO EAGLES..........I am going to buy the feed again and sit at the computer screen with a frosty mug and watch Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              I know TTT20 doesnt agree but Caserta's on Federal Hill is great
                              foxy serves food!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                foxy serves food!
                                and why am i not surprised with this post?

Comment

Working...
                                X