X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Honestly, my guess is that for games where they report a capacity attendance, there were MORE people than capacity (probably between staff, etc.) but they probably can only report it as "capacity" ... 7,884.
    hmmm, that could be, didn't think of that

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    We've given this much more energy than its worth.
    maybe but it's something to talk about and it gave you a little diversion from the topic on the BU thread (s)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      ...I think we all can agree Umass is the worst arena to visit ...
      UNH is the worst. UNH (and around UNH fans) is the only place where I am not comfortable about my and my gear's safety.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by mwade View Post
        UNH is the worst. UNH (and around UNH fans) is the only place where I am not comfortable about my and my gear's safety.
        Wow I've never felt that way. UMass and UVM were unquestionably the two worst to me.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
          Good point. Who could forget about Mike Ayers' mom and Preston Callander's dumb girlfriend? When you have parents and gfs of players assaulting people you have a problem. Haven't been up there in a while either (same as PC) but they like getting physical for sure, even the little kids. God forbid you don't think their team is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Someone posted this on EA and it's too good not to post here...

http://www.uscho.com/1996/12/04/jerr...d-to-500-wins/

It's amazing to me how prophetic that was and how prophetic he was all the way back when he first started here. He had everything under control and in perfect perspective. Just read the last couple paragraphs about getting into a position to knock on the door and enter the conversation as a top five program nationally. They certainly did that and finally broke through in 2001. That alone could have been considered mission accomplished.

Comment

The Kid lists Kreider as questionable (flu) for tonight

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                The Kid lists Kreider as questionable (flu) for tonight
                Updated he should be good to go, you should get on the twitter machine sterlippo My fear was that the flu was going to spread around the locker room

Anywho it was fun trolling the BU thread and their game thread seems to have silenced after bringing up that they were the fanbase justifying chants about sexually abused kids last year.

4 points, let's keep separating ourselves from the pack and solidifying the #1 in Worcester, I don't want to go to BPT.

I posted this on EO, but that weekend has potential to be amazing if we get the 1 seed in Worcester (I know not a ton of people here care about basketball but still). BC is hosting the Sweet 16 & Elite 8 downtown and I was able to grab tickets

Thursday: Sweet 16 at 7 & 9
                Friday: First day of NCAA hockey tournament
                Saturday: early game in Worcester, E8 game at night downtown

Comment

How in the world does The Kid know Millan isn't starting tonight??

Comment

Freep posted it last night on the twitter machine

The jokes, too easy...

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      Updated he should be good to go, you should get on the twitter machine sterlippo My fear was that the flu was going to spread around the locker room
                      I have The Kid sent to my email. the twitter machine? as Anthony Bourdain said "twitter, twatter, what ever the kids do now a days" lol

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      (I know not a ton of people here care about basketball but still).
                      correct.............seriously though. I guess i am a fair weather college basketball fan. If BC sucks, i'm not paying too much attention to it other than UNC who i've followed since i was a kid. It has always been about BC and UNC for me in basketball

Comment

Maybe because Parker told the Freep and I that Rollheiser was starting tonight and we both tweeted it before him? I don't know, just a thought.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

The Kid can only bow down at the altar of the freep!!!

I must say, for someone who has been so staunchly behind Millan after a great freshman season...seems odd to go to Rollheiser now even if you are playing beyond pathetic UVM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            Maybe because Parker told the Freep and I that Rollheiser was starting tonight and we both tweeted it before him? I don't know, just a thought.
                            I love that, despite the fact that it's already been explained, you absolutely HAD to pop in to let everyone know that you were able to tweet something before The Kid.

I bet that felt really good. Good for you! You're a big boy blogger now!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              The Kid can only bow down at the altar of the freep!!!

I must say, for someone who has been so staunchly behind Millan after a great freshman season...seems odd to go to Rollheiser now even if you are playing beyond pathetic UVM.
                              Wow, the kid got scooped by the freep? Truly earth-shattering news. Of course, he could say he knew before anyone else and didn't post it like some other people have been known to do. But I don't think he will.

Anyway, why are we talking about this on the BC thread? Guess it's better than nothing I suppose. Either way, I think Millan needs a rest. UVM games are the perfect time to do it if Jack believes this team can make a move. Millan has been uncharacteristically dropping a lot of pucks to the glove, where he typically is excellent, and has given up a few lately up there too (Kreider, Arnold, the kid from UML who pretends to be better than Gaudreau... to think of a few off the top of my head).
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I don't have any stats to back me up, but is he truly great with the glove? It almost looks to me like he makes a lot of saves with the glove because that's where everyone is taught to shoot on him. So, he makes a lot of saves with the glove but I'd bet a pretty big percentage of goals he gives up is also over the glove.

Comment

Working...
                                X