X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
    Scary road game this Friday night. Although this team seems to have found its mojo, PC is always a tough place to play, even harder this year due to their team playing well. BC needs a 3 point weekend minimum.
    Hopefully it won't be boring game like the MC games and BC scores at least 4 goals each game. I would hate to see a trap game by PC.

BTW, anyone know the best exit to get to Schneider Arena off of 95?
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      BTW, anyone know the best exit to get to Schneider Arena off of 95?
      Exit 23? Take Charles to Admiral and Admiral takes you all the way to Schneider. (Though the turn to the parking lot is the street right before Schneider, but you should be in good company of people turning there.)

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBC View Post
        Exit 23? Take Charles to Admiral and Admiral takes you all the way to Schneider. (Though the turn to the parking lot is the street right before Schneider, but you should be in good company of people turning there.)
        but leave enough time for pizza at Caserta's. After watching PC vs Merrimack a few weeks ago i was very impressed, they didnt look like the same team we saw earlier in the season but then again, most teams dont . This is a tough one for sure.............i like the 3:30 start on saturday, btw

Comment

• Earlier in the season, I thought there were some games where the other team would bring physical play and would knock BC off their game. Lately, it seems BC has at least matched the physical play...leading to this win streak.
          I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            We are Boston College and inherent in that is we hold ourselves to a higher standard. It is widely accepted that we have a class program run by the epitomy of class, Jerry York.
            **** right we do. This wouldn't happen at BC because our higher academic standards make us recruit only the top quality people.
            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Any chance anyone is going to both the BC and Harvard home games on Saturday? Public transit will make me miss the first period at Harvard. Hate not having a car anymore.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

First time heading down to PC on Friday night. Taking the train out of Boston, any suggestions/advice?

Comment

Kinda bored at work right now, so here is just a quick snapshot of who I think will be gone and who is scheduled to come in next year:

Out (8):

Forwards (4): Almeida, Carey, Atkinson, Kreider
                  Defense (3): Cross, Shea, Dumoulin
                  Goalies (1): Venti

In (6/7):

Forwards (3/4): Vatrano, Silk, McMullen, Richardson (Possibly--listed as next year or 2013)

Could it simply be if Kreider leaves, Richardson is here next year?

Defense (3): Doherty, Piazza, Matheson

Goalie (0): Will have the normal three on the roster next year

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Kinda bored at work right now, so here is just a quick snapshot of who I think will be gone and who is scheduled to come in next year:

Out (8):

In (6/7):

Forwards (3/4): Vatrano, Silk, McMullen, Richardson (Possibly--listed as next year or 2013)

I'm hoping that BC makes it to Tampa at least for the seniors. Although anything can happen when there is not a dominant team this year, I'm hoping that BC can continue on their roll. It was just shocking that CC rolled over us last year when we had a much stronger team on paper.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Kenny, I think they can get away with losing at Providence and then winning the remaining three home games. That being said, the way they're playing, I don't expect them to lose Friday.
                      I think they have to sweep PC.

I don't see BU losing to Vermont and NU. I don't see Lowell losing to MC, and I don't see Maine losing either. BC has to take care of business and not worry about what other teams do.

7:00 ET Massachusetts-Lowell @ Merrimack
                      7:00 ET Maine @ Northeastern
                      7:00 ET Boston College @ Providence
                      7:00 ET New Hampshire @ Massachusetts
                      7:05 ET Boston University @ Vermont

Comment

Lowell will lose at MC....

Comment

Out (8):

In (6/7):

I wouldn't mind seeing Sam Piazza and Brendan Silk playing in the USHL next year. Piazza has only played in ten games, due to a concussion. From ten games in the USHL to BC is a big jump, especially recovering from a concussion. Silk has not put up the numbers I thought he would. Not sure if he still hasn't fully healed from his achilles injury.

If Silk doesn't come, Richardson is a possiblity. If Piazza doesn't come... who knows? Maybe they can snag Marc Biega. Wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                            I wouldn't mind seeing Sam Piazza and Brendan Silk playing in the USHL next year. Piazza has only played in ten games, due to a concussion. From ten games in the USHL to BC is a big jump, especially recovering from a concussion. Silk has not put up the numbers I thought he would. Not sure if he still hasn't fully healed from his achilles injury.

If Silk doesn't come, Richardson is a possiblity. If Piazza doesn't come... who knows? Maybe they can snag Marc Biega. Wishful thinking.
                            I think you could see Colin Sullivan coming in rather than Piazza next year. Heard that Richardson is coming next year which could mean that they have asked Silk who has been struggling to play another year in the USHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post

I know Biega's brothers attended HU but maybe he'll take a different route with HU not being in the national picture for so long. HU is having a good season at .500 but that tells you Donato has not had a great impact on the Crimson. If he wants more exposure and be on a winning team, maybe he'll think about BC. BU is having obvious PR problems right now.

Comment

From what I read on USHR, the issue is that the latest Biega is waiting to see if he gets into Harvard.

Comment

Working...
                                X