X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Question: Are there banners in Conte of the other teams in the conferences? I didn't notice them, but I was high up and many banners were obstructed from the angle view I had.
    No
    I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Question: Are there banners in Conte of the other teams in the conferences? I didn't notice them, but I was high up and many banners were obstructed from the angle view I had.
      Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
      No
      There are ACC and Hockey East conference banners on the rafters that the jumbotrons are attached to, but that's it. I know there are ACC team banners in the Yawkey weight room that can be seen from the plex entrance. I have to assume there are Hockey East team banners somewhere, but I don't recall seeing them in my wanderings.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBC View Post
        There are ACC and Hockey East conference banners on the rafters that the jumbotrons are attached to, but that's it. I know there are ACC team banners in the Yawkey weight room that can be seen from the plex entrance. I have to assume there are Hockey East team banners somewhere, but I don't recall seeing them in my wanderings.
        We used to do some workouts in the opposing team locker room, there are logos of all the Hockey East programs on one of the walls.
        I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

With a sweep this weekend (or two more wins the rest of the way) this senior class reaches 100.

Also to note, the junior class is up to 80 career wins. The class of 2001 (Brian Gionta, Bobby Allen, etc), had 84 victories throught their first three seasons. This team could easily reach 87 to 88, with a good showing come tournament time.

Comment

Edit:

Deleted, we all have our dumb moments
            Last edited by claver2010; 02-21-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              So "Your Players Rape You" good to go if we see them at the garden? At least that will have some semblance of truth opposed to their version...
              You make UMass fans sound classy.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Agreed.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  So "Your Players Rape You" good to go if we see them at the garden? At least that will have some semblance of truth opposed to their version...
                  you won't. but if so you can just be happy it'll be an easy 6-0 victory.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    BC just landed forward Chris Calnan for the 2013 class. Big, physical kid out of Nobles.

As an aside, just so we aren't confused/associated with that sewer down the road Boston University, wonder if we should change our name to Chestnut Hill College?
                    Too bad he wasn't coming in 2012 as we lose a lot of offense in Kreider, Almeida, Carey along with Dumoulin and Shea.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

We are Boston College and inherent in that is we hold ourselves to a higher standard. It is widely accepted that we have a class program run by the epitomy of class, Jerry York. I believe we as fans of Boston College Hockey owe it to Jerry to act in a manner that he would find appropriate....................besides, it is never a good idea to gloat about the misfortunes of others for you just never know, it could have been us

Comment

Decades ago, it WAS BC...the gambling scandal. But the hockey program has always (or nearly always) been above reproach. It will be interesting to see whether Parker exits Stage Left this summer.

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        We are Boston College and inherent in that is we hold ourselves to a higher standard. It is widely accepted that we have a class program run by the epitomy of class, Jerry York. I believe we as fans of Boston College Hockey owe it to Jerry to act in a manner that he would find appropriate....................besides, it is never a good idea to gloat about the misfortunes of others for you just never know, it could have been us
                        Chris V
                        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I don't gloat when it comes to alleged rapes and sexual assaults. I do, however, gloat at their lack of success on the ice. I will always gloat about that when given an opportunity. As for the issue at hand, it just serves as another reminder to at least one BU fan that this can happen anywhere...even their school.

Comment

Scary road game this Friday night. Although this team seems to have found its mojo, PC is always a tough place to play, even harder this year due to their team playing well. BC needs a 3 point weekend minimum.

Comment

Kenny, I think they can get away with losing at Providence and then winning the remaining three home games. That being said, the way they're playing, I don't expect them to lose Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                I'm not gloating at BU's present problems but glad Jerry took over after the hiring disaster of Milbury and Cedarchuk. BC fans like myself really suffered but endured it until 98' when BC started winning again.

That really set the program back for years after Ceglarski left. Len recommended his assistant and it was really a bad move. If it weren't for that, BC hockey may not have had such a dreary rebuilding period and losing records during that period. BU really piled on the Beanpots in the 90s.

The only good thing that happened was the Beanpot win over Harvard when the Crimson was heavily favored.

When York retires, I just hope they find a competent replacement so that we don't have to go through that again and hopefully GDF is gone by then so that he won't ******* it again for one of our beloved programs.
                                Last edited by BCeagle; 02-21-2012, 11:18 AM.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X