X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Also, I thought I would post here that Boston College was this week's College Hockey Weekly Team of the Week...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-the-Week.html
    Gotta mention the big win on Monday in that writeup too! 3 wins this week over pretty good competition.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      In the back of my mind I keep thinking that although we're #1 in PWR, this year's Eagles edition just doesn't have the horses (star power) to win it all.
      I suppose one could say the same about the 2007 Michigan State Spartans. Many did at the time.
      Score a couple of goals, play tremendous team D and anything can happen.
      I think this Eagle team has the talent to outplay, outwork and outscore any team out there.
      Let's see how far they want to go with it.
      Go Eagles!
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Good point...it's certainly been discussed how in 2008 and 2010, by York's own admission I believe, BC had true shutdown lines. I can't even remember if those were 3rd or 4th lines...I think 3rd. Anyway, I wouldn't say we have one of those at the moment...maybe something to keep an eye on down the stretch. For example, if BC were to meet Maine again...everyone seems to acknowledge Maine will go as far as their top line takes them. Perhaps we'd see a certain line assigned to them.

Specifically in regard to the 4th line, when Kreider got hurt at the end of the RS, the 4th line was very sparingly used. It became K. Hayes-Brown-Dyroff. When Kreider returned for the NCAA tournament, Carey was bumped down and Dyroff didn't dress. And the game in which Kreider got hurt? 4th line was Almeida with Hayes and Brown. So, I think it's fair to say they never developed a reliable 4th line down the stretch due to Kreider's injury. Thems the breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          As a witness to the 2008 North Dakota - BC debacle I will agree with that.
          that 6-1 game to me was the most perfect game (considering the opponent) i have ever seen BC play. It seemed there wasn't even a pass that they didn't connect with in the whole game.

Comment

The current lineup (including Milner) has been together since the sweep at Maine...7-0 record.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Gotta mention the big win on Monday in that writeup too! 3 wins this week over pretty good competition.
              The Monday win was technically a part of last week (at least according to how CHW does their hockey week). BC was a runner up to DU for Team of the Week last week (in the archives section if you want to see it), and the Beanpot Championship was mentioned there.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                The thing I like about this year's team is the 4th line. I know it's three freshmen, but they know they are not scorers. It reminds me of 2010 (Matt Price, Matt Lombardi and Barry Almeida), along with 2008 (Pat Gannon, Matt Greene, Andrew Orpik, Kyle Kucharski). It was something that last year's team didn't have (in my opinion). I guess one difference is those 4th line guys had a decent amount of points, compared to Quinn Smith, Danny Linell and Destry Straight.
                I really like this line too. While Straight is still growing into his body his skating needs work and hopefully he'll address that in the offseason. Smith is a nice surprise came out of nowhere he's fast and has grit, he's a banger and exactly what the team needs. Linell is with the exception of Kreider the fastest kid on the team and could play on any of the top 3 lines. He just needs more game experience. As far as scoring it's tough when your not on the pp and not getting regular shifts. The line never saw action in last night's 3rd period or in the Beanpot 3rd period or ot period. In Friday's game when they got regular shifts both Linell and Straight had points.
                As far as this team goes you would be hard pressed to find a better Dman in the country then Doumo and when Kreider wants to play he is the best forward in college hockey. it will all come down to goaltending and how well Milner plays, right now he's playing pretty darn good.

Comment

with all these rapists running around kenmore community college, one would have to think we've finally heard the last of the 'your priest touched you' chant from the fanboys
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Doubtful. You gotta wonder, did the lawyer that JackPa hired for these animals go to BC?
                    1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      with all these rapists running around kenmore community college, one would have to think we've finally heard the last of the 'your priest touched you' chant from the fanboys
                      Give them some time and it will be back and half of them will think it's funny. In the meantime, it's business as usual; follow the fanboy guidelines perfectly. Discredit/smear the accusers and minimize the charges as not being "that bad"... pretty sure some of those fools have no idea how stupid they look but then again they didn't when it came to chanting about priests molesting kids either. On the other hand, nice to see mookie is giving every last one of them a new bunghole on their thread.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Back in first in HE, first in PWR, no rapists running around campus -business as usual

Comment

if PWR stood for 'problems with rapists', i think we all know who would be #1
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

*****http://avidinvestorgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Double-Whammy.jpg******

Comment

BTW nothing like going out and celebrating after getting beat by UMLOL and sexually assaulting someone.

Comment

Geez, just read the news on these threads about the D-man in trouble. Looks like JP has a major crises on his hands. Next step for BC, sweep PC and win the recruiting wars with BU with BU suffering PR problems right now.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X