This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

They released some tickets in CC that Merrimack returned... There were a lot of empty seats in the lower bowl in the blue lines, which are probably corporate seats or season ticket holders that did not show up. Still a great crowd and fun to be there even as a Merrimack fan. A lot better than the old BC days where the crowds were smaller and could not compare to the other big boys of HE.

Couple points:

- BC uses the trailer better than any other team I've seen in HE. They just have a lot of class with the puck overall.

- Parker Milner is very shaky, misplayed pucks off the boards, allowed a soft goal, etc.

- Congrats to Jerry York. I stayed around to see the post game because he is a special coach, class act all the way.

Comment

He was shaky last night, but was pretty good against BU. Overall, hard to argue with his W/L record and SP is decent. You're right though, he can be an adventure out there. All we can ask for is he keeps as many pucks out of the net as possible...by any means necessary. Lately, he's been doing that and the team has been scoring more goals. He's been giving them a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        When did he call? Some places hold tickets for game day sales.

i believe it was tuesday or wednesday..........i dont know the policy for holding tickets, maybe BC does too but 500 would be a heck of a lot to hold

Comment

Will have to get there early to get a ticket and hope BC keeps rolling. Get the first goal and add on a few more to pin their backs to the wall early. Not a whole lot of offense, not even a 10-goal scorer yet but get the early lead and you have an advantage over MC. Milner has to make that save like the 2nd MC goal from the right wing.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Beagle, game tonight has been sold out for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              i believe it was tuesday or wednesday..........i dont know the policy for holding tickets, maybe BC does too but 500 would be a heck of a lot to hold
              Agreed, 500 would seem like a lot to hold. Not sure if Conte does it at all just trying to think how a person could be denied with the game not sold out. Could be leftover away tix not sold by MC, but 500 would be a lot there also.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Haha ah yeas, Gentry the attendance expert! I don't care if you think BC pads their attendance numbers (I have no way of knowing)...they still do get the best crowds in the league.
                Thanks for reading into my post a slam that didn't exist.

Comment

unlike Conte, Agganis counts tickets used not sold.
                  Out of curiosity, how have we all come to this conclusion.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Agreed, 500 would seem like a lot to hold. Not sure if Conte does it at all just trying to think how a person could be denied with the game not sold out. Could be leftover away tix not sold by MC, but 500 would be a lot there also.
                    yeah, tix not sold by MC wouldnt be that much.............it was posted and published on sites earlier in the week that the game was sold out, it was pretty common knowledge so the question lingers.......i think i'll call the athletic dept Tuesday and ask

Comment

So what do people think about the Freshmen class? With Almieda, Carey and likely Kreider all gone, we are going to need those guys to step up next year. I realize that Straight was brought in a year early, but considering that at one time he was considered an "A" prospect by CSB, am a bit surprised that he's only put up a 1-3-4 scoring line. The way York jumped all over Linell after he ended up not getting into Harvard, I figured he would be a more productive player as well. I realize they are both young freshmen, but was still hoping for more like at least 10-15 points, especially for Straight. Hopefully they will both blossom next year.

Comment

Straight was pretty good last night. Setup Linell on an easy goal, which didn't go in but sat in the crease for the Gaudreau tap-in goal.

He's getting better.

Not a fan of his skating style, though - stride needs a lot of work, too upright, and skates with his stick flailing around 4 feet in the air.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Any idea why that one MC goal was initially ruled a no-goal and then credited once video was reviewed?

Comment

Congrats to Jerry York on #900.. Class Act.

(also BC, pls thank Mike Milbury every day )
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamBC View Post
                              Any idea why that one MC goal was initially ruled a no-goal and then credited once video was reviewed?
                              Bunyon.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                Out of curiosity, how have we all come to this conclusion.
                                Exactly. Gentry, I wasn't the only one. Sure seemed like a "slam".

Comment

Working...
                                X