• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

^^^ 100% agree with all of it

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      Scoring first will be huge, force Merrimack to open up a little bit.
      Scoring first may be all you need given Merrimack's offensive woes. And to think, it was not that long ago that some of the BC faithful were wringing their hands as the Eagles hit a scoring trough. That problem seems to have resolved nicely.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
        Scoring first may be all you need given Merrimack's offensive woes. And to think, it was not that long ago that some of the BC faithful were wringing their hands as the Eagles hit a scoring trough. That problem seems to have resolved nicely.
        It should be a great one..........Mack is the team most likely to have their goalie outright win a game for them though, that's my biggest fear tonight, facing arguably the best goalie in HE

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
          Jerry's old just before trophy season switching of the lines works again like magic.

Comment

I have an extra for tonight. If I know you you can have it for free. Email me at namasteilk at gmail dot com.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

BC is roaring through Merrimack tonight like a weed-whacker. It's 4-1 through 2; it appears as though reports of BC's demise were greatly exaggerated. Hey, I'll be first to admit that I was one of those 'exaggerators' in January.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

As if York winning his 900th game weren't enough, look who's number 1 in the Pariwise. About time they figured it out.
                1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Let's see if they can do it again tomorrow night in Andover. Get the lead first and control play. Nice to see Carey join double digits in goals scored.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

congrats to the devil on #900
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Anyone have a link to postgame audio/press conference?

Comment

^^^ i looked for it but could only found this one which isnt the post game press conference you are referring to http://www.bceagles.com/allaccess/?media=303373

how is the game "sold out" ( a friend of mine called to get tickets and was told it was sold out and posted here as well) yet the attendance was 7390 or about 500 short of a sell out??? can someone 'splain that? They don't go by how many people are in the building but the actual number of tickets sold which makes it even more mystifying. Solid win but i did not like taking the foot off the pedal in the third and Mack had one great chance with i think about 10 minutes to go, someone about 25 feet alone in front of Milner and didnt cash in or it would have been a nail biter. Milner can't get beat like he did on the second Mack goal early in the third, that wasn't good

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Anyone have a link to postgame audio/press conference?
                          Claver posted it on Eagle Outsider on the Jerry York thread , the "Record performance of a true champion"

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            congrats to the devil on #900

I just wanted to come in here and congratulate Jerry York on his 900th win. I believe his 700th was against North Dakota, and that doesn't seem like all that long ago. York does it the right way, and has been consistently great for decades. Anyway, good luck to BC the rest of the way.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              ^^^ i looked for it but could only found this one which isnt the post game press conference you are referring to http://www.bceagles.com/allaccess/?media=303373

how is the game "sold out" ( a friend of mine called to get tickets and was told it was sold out and posted here as well) yet the attendance was 7390 or about 500 short of a sell out??? can someone 'splain that? They don't go by how many people are in the building but the actual number of tickets sold which makes it even more mystifying. Solid win but i did not like taking the foot off the pedal in the third and Mack had one great chance with i think about 10 minutes to go, someone about 25 feet alone in front of Milner and didnt cash in or it would have been a nail biter. Milner can't get beat like he did on the second Mack goal early in the third, that wasn't good
                              When did he call? Some places hold tickets for game day sales.

Not this year since attendance has been poor at BU, but the last several years BU would "sellout" but have an announced attendance of 500 or so under capacity since unlike Conte, Agganis counts tickets used not sold. Not that attendance is a big deal, but it would be nice to have one standard across the league.

Comment

Haha ah yeas, Gentry the attendance expert! I don't care if you think BC pads their attendance numbers (I have no way of knowing)...they still do get the best crowds in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X